6th Beavers Bend Gathering March 25 - 27, 2011

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:10 pm

We got home just fine. Really enjoyed everything and every body! Charles we really did enjoy your fish fry. Everything was just great! Woody, thanks for the bag breakfast! That was a first for us and we sure enjoyed it. Then there was the margarita machine, thanks to Woody's sons. I mean his whole family just worked so hard to see we had a good time. Thanks to Linda for setting it all up again this year. And of course thanks to every one for the great pot luck. And then there was the lantern light up at the Stewart trailer. We loved looking at all the new trailers and ones that were new to us. So many great ideas and we liked them all. We also enjoyed being able to surprise everyone with our new one and loved showing it off to anyone who was interested. It was so nice to have new attendees and to meet others we hadn't met before. I hope I didn't leave anything or anyone out but if I did, Thanks. The weather was nice and we all had a fantastic time.

Grani and Papa Gene
(Oh and Jon too).
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 pm

I just got home. I stopped back by my friends place in Hugo for lunch and then dropped the teardrop off at my old house and successfully backed it in the garage on the first try!

I was glad that I was finally able to contribute to the pot luck with the past two times something messing it up (me). I will try to get better at that.

James, I hope we didn't keep you and the little lady up last night with our loudness... It was Scott

:R

So what did we learn this weekend?? A cat can take on a bear, Thomas has a "husband" and a freaky cat, (Cousin to the "Creepy Cat"), Mark really hates rabbits, and we all hope Scott will always lead us in prayer (and laughter).

Here is my "Freaky Cat and my "husband pillow"

That was pretty clever of Grani sneaking The Vardo in on us! I think everyone really enjoyed seeing it in person, not to mention the other FOUR first outings! +1 on the great beginning to the camping season as this was my first event of the year.
Last edited by 2bits on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Mrs Sonetpro » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:We definately had a great weekend. I sure missed those that didn't make it.
We had the best weather possible.
Was so good to see all of our TD friends and made a few more new ones.

This year we had a Mr. Puddin head (Mark) and a lil Mr. Pudding Head (Gabriel)

We've booked BB for 2012.

Linda

We thought about all of you this weekend!!! :clapping hands: Looks like everyone had a blast and the weather cooperated! Thanks to everyone for the pictures. Couldn't wait to see them.
Mrs Sonetpro
Teardrop Inspector

Re: state park surprise

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Mrs. Rickxr2 wrote::shock:
We went for a quick overnighter at Sequoyah State Park and were shocked to find ......

...... I wonder if BB is this way too??? :thinking:

FYI For those who couldn't make it, the old free showers were still there, they had indeed built new showers that were pay showers. I didn't use them, but a few people did and said they were nice. Scott confirmed that you can share too :MLAS
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby woodsmoke » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 pm

I wonder what happens at the end of your allotted time -- maybe the doors spring open and you get booted out -- NAKED !! :oops:
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby woodsmoke » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 pm

THANKS for a great BB 2011. The hard work is acknowledged and appreciated. :thumbsup:
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby planovet » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:13 am

Did anyone find any forks with red handles? We seem to be missing 2. I think they went missing after the Saturday breakfast.
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby mechmagcn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 am

planovet wrote:Did anyone find any forks with red handles? We seem to be missing 2. I think they went missing after the Saturday breakfast.

I think Tammie has them.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby planovet » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

mechmagcn wrote:
planovet wrote:Did anyone find any forks with red handles? We seem to be missing 2. I think they went missing after the Saturday breakfast.

I think Tammie has them.

Thanks...now Cindi won't kill me in my sleep.
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby bg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 am

We had a blast, but with the cold weather that was rolling in we were quite glad we headed home Saturday evening. Managed to make it in just before midnight.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Bodyman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:36 am

I just got home last night around 7:00. It was very windy coming home as well as the trip south. Terrible gas mileage :x Oh well, it was worth it. Cole and I had a great time.
I had a very good time with my daughter and family this past week. The grandkids are a lot of fun. I did a few odd jobs around their place but could stay busy for a month. What's wrong with son-in-laws?
Thanks again to everyone for another much needed spring getaway.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:44 am

Bodyman wrote:I just got home last night around 7:00. It was very windy coming home as well as the trip south. Terrible gas mileage :x Oh well, it was worth it. Cole and I had a great time.
I had a very good time with my daughter and family this past week. The grandkids are a lot of fun. I did a few odd jobs around their place but could stay busy for a month. What's wrong with son-in-laws?
Thanks again to everyone for another much needed spring getaway.
Randy

It was good hanging out with you Randy, glad you made it home OK! I got better gas mileage with my new parts on my truck, but it was still chunk o change!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Randy, it was so good to see you again. I also appreciate you letting me love on Cole. He seemed to enjoy it too. Looking forward to seeing you again next year. Glad you got home safe.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Bodyman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks Grani
It was good to see you again, too. I'm glad you enjoyed Cole. He is a great traveling companion and learned a lot on the trip. I hope to do a lot of camping with him.
Hope to see you again next year.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Pay Showers

Postby woodsmoke » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I just finished taking my Saturdy night shower and I guess that the warm water onto my head made the electrons get more active, cause I had some real important thoughts bout these pay showers. These are such important thoughts that I figured I needed to see what some of you folks thoughts are. So, here tis: if the price of providing shower service has here before been included in the base camp site fee, then the pay showers should reduce the base camp site fee. RIGHT ?????? Sommin else - I wonder if there is a money slot inside the building ? It would be my luck to get all soaped up when my time ran out, so the water quits and I get booted out the door where the money slot is - NAKED. Also, ifin there happens to be a money slot inside the building, will it take wet quarters. I think that we need some more answers to this pay shower deal. May want to take a rope in with ya in order to tie the door shut so as not to get booted out til ya were good and ready. Be my luck to tie the rope to something, and when the door springs open, the whole building comes down - then there I'll be - under a collasped building -NAKED. Bet that the park people would want me to pay damages. This is serious stuff - it boggles my mind.
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South Central