LCG logo

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Victor Star wrote:That will work. No rush and thanks.

I'm burned out on what I've been doing all day. I'm going to take a break and knock this logo out.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Here’s what I did – Printed the graphic on Avery Dark Fabric Transfer (avery 3279) – this allows the for a white background. If you use the light fabric transfers – the white becomes transparent and shows the color of the shirt. This could be an inexpensive option if you have your own shirts

starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Okay, I have a vector version, and I can easily drop it into photoshop to make a very high resolution JPG for people to print or put on a shirt.

I took some artistic license, because drawing in a vector format is very tedious, so I simplified a few things. It's still the same design.

Anyway, here is what it looks like.

Scott, Darin, I can email files to you. Just PM me your email addresses (I lost yours, Scott).

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:41 pm

BTW, the reward to the tedious drawing in vector format is that we can blow this logo up to ANY size -- as in the size of a house, or bigger.

Anyone want to make a banner?

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:43 pm

starleen2 wrote:Here’s what I did – Printed the graphic on Avery Dark Fabric Transfer (avery 3279) – this allows the for a white background. If you use the light fabric transfers – the white becomes transparent and shows the color of the shirt. This could be an inexpensive option if you have your own shirts

I went from you "white" version for the vector file -- I just copied what I had.

Here is one with Khaki in the center...

Another nice thing about vector is colors are easy to change.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks CD for your work - It looks just fine! :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

starleen2 wrote:Thanks CD for your work - It looks just fine! :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Oh crap, I forgot the 5th Annual. :lol:

I'll send new files tomorrow. I'm too tired to mess with it now.

CD :roll:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 pm

starleen2 wrote:Ok – here are the files – they are quite large! There are two images. Basically they are the same except one have a white background. To download – right click> save target as> choose your location

http://www.txstewartfamily.com/logo/

Just an update of the logo as created by CD!

Updated Files:
http://www.txstewartfamily.com/logo/
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 pm

A screen print vs. a transfer will be more expensive but much more pleasing to the eye, to the body, and to longevity of the design on the shirt. Screen printing allows for less colors tho.

CD can you please send me the vector file? I would like to look into the banner thing myself. I also emailed my screen printer friend for a quote tonight. I used to be in the business and she is a good friend in Chicago who will certainly hook us up. With a screen print 5-6 colors is the max and each color is a separate screen and a separate charge so fyi, but it will be professional. Maybe the same but simplified logo on the back and an easy good looking one color text front? I just got a really cool shirt in the mail from that RV site Rollin on TV that made me think of it. Pic is below, I like the crackly look.

With around 60 sites booked with at least 2 per site and more, round up 120 to 150? Does that sound like an accurate estimate?

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Thomas, talk to your screen printer and see what kind of price you can get. If it is something people want to do, let me know. I can work with your screen printer to get her a file she can use. I'll have to break it up by color -- which I don't want to do unless we are sure this will happen.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Yah if you can get a vector file breaking it up is easy, I can do that too. Just the number of colors becomes the issue. I emailed her tonight so we'll see what the reply is, I'll let ya know.

I have done a transfer in the past and there is a place on 35 in Carrollton who did them for me for my Monte Carlo club once that was pretty good. Transfers just aren't as good as screen print but you get full color so it's a trade off. Here is what I designed and got done then.

This is a left chest and full back design, although screen print is still preferred for comfortability and longevity. If we are going for a transfer, why settle for a line art design? We can go full color then. I think either way we are probably looking at $20 a shirt to break even for such a small run which is acceptable.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to South Central