Lake Bisteneau on fire

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

visit

Postby Dulcimer Man » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:20 am

annalbs wrote:Eddie and I and the little pounder decided to take one for the team and forced ourselves to go camping this weekend at Lake Bistineau. We are pleased to report that everything is on the up and up. The are no flames or smoke to be seen, nor any flood waters, or crazy rangers aka sweet pea. Unfortunately the weather is perfect for camping and we have been asked to be guests at the national 2010 Dutch oven gathering tomorrow for lunch. The things we have to suffer through to make sure the park is ok for our fellow teardroppers. So unless one of the Dutch oven cookers gets a little crazy with their coals the park is good to go for LCGV. See you all in a few weeks.
I enjoyed visiting with you at Lake Bistineau and hope you had a good trip home. Dulcimer man
Dulcimer Man
Teardrop Advisor

breakfast

Postby woodsmoke » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Can ya cook tofu in one of those dutch ovens? Caseydog may still have some that madjack wern't a bit too excited bout using. :thumbdown:
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Re: breakfast

Postby planovet » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:08 pm

woodsmoke wrote:Can ya cook tofu in one of those dutch ovens?

You used tofu and dutch oven in the same sentence?? You should be banned... :roll:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:11 pm

planovet wrote:

You used tofu and dutch oven in the same sentence?? You should be banned... :roll:

Or arrested! Break out the cuffs Doc!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Re: visit

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Dulcimer Man wrote: I enjoyed visiting with you at Lake Bistineau and hope you had a good trip home. Dulcimer man

:D Yes we enjoyed our little visit with you also. Our trip home was nice and short :) seeing as how we had to drive hours home from Bistineau in the past to get to our old house in Port Barre. The short 20 min drive to our new place in Shreveport was nice ;) And now that I know were practically neighbors we may drop in on y'all one day to take that nifty little scooter of yours for a spin. Unless it has a weight limit that is LOL
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am

It looks like rain is in the area today. I sure hope the burn ban is lifted. If the burn ban is still going on do we have any options for a fire? I'll bring my little Weber grill if it's allowed.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Victor Star wrote:It looks like rain is in the area today. I sure hope the burn ban is lifted. If the burn ban is still going on do we have any options for a fire? I'll bring my little Weber grill if it's allowed.

Darren, I am currently throwing brickbats(and emails) back and forth between myself, the park manager and the district firemarshall along with Homeland Security(don't know what their involvement is)for some kinda clarification...they had told me a couple of days ago, any open flame would be banned...this is to include camp stoves, fish cookers, briquettes for DO and smoker/barbque pits...along with campfires...I told them, this was not only unacceptable but STUPID...if folks can't use camp stoves, they can't cook...if they can't cook, they can' eat...if they can't eat, they can't camp and they should close the campgorund...stay tuned and pray for rain at the appropriate time...more to come as I learn more...................
madjack 8)

p.s. I think Homeland Security is involved because of fear we may terrorize the coons...which would only be fair since they terrorize us.......................mj
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby okiecamper » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Man I hope that doesnt happen!!!

even up here we can use bbq pits in august
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

okiecamper wrote:Man I hope that doesnt happen!!!

...yep, I told them that was an absolutely stupid kneejerk reaction...I can understand open fires BUT their interpretation of the statewide fire ban was ridiculous...stay tuned and we will see..........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 pm

The storms that we got in the middle of the night are heading right at Bisteneau. :applause:

We got a pretty good soaking. I hope Bisteneau gets the same or more. :worship:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Maybe you can use the group angle that they could lift it just for "us" since we are one group that rented the entire park so it's sort of like a private party :thinking:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 pm

madjack wrote:
okiecamper wrote:Man I hope that doesnt happen!!!

...yep, I told them that was an absolutely stupid kneejerk reaction...I can understand open fires BUT their interpretation of the statewide fire ban was ridiculous...stay tuned and we will see..........
madjack 8)

HMMMM, if the ban is statewide, will rain today at Bisteneau matter? :thinking:

It just ain't the same without fire... http://www.target.com/Aroma-Double-Hot- ... B0002D1FN6

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 pm

planovet wrote:

Looks like your cat-vatar could use a tofu diet. :roll:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:40 pm

2bits wrote:Maybe you can use the group angle that they could lift it just for "us" since we are one group that rented the entire park so it's sort of like a private party :thinking:

...they got an exemption for the big DO cookoff they had last weekend and should be able todoso for us...I and the park management are working onit..........
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:41 pm

woodsmoke wrote:Can ya cook tofu in one of those dutch ovens? Caseydog may still have some that madjack wern't a bit too excited bout using. :thumbdown:

Tofu will ruin a dutch oven (and my appetite). :(

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central