LCGV On the road

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

LCGV On the road

Postby rockinrobin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 pm

I am off the rest of this week and next. Hitting the road right now. destination tonight is Abilene State Park, then on to Reklaw TX to camp out at the Reklaw Flyin till Sunday, then on to Caddo Lake State Park TX Sunday and Monday nights, then on to Lake Bistineau. Yay!!
Will try to update with some pics when I get to a place with internet. See you all there! Ronnie :)
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Be safe, and have fun. :thumbsup:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

LCGV ON the road

Postby woodsmoke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 pm

You tow your teardrop with an airplane ? :shock: Madjack said that he would cut me some slack since I was a rookie to LCG , and I can see that I have a lot to find out about. Man, I want to see you come into LCG - when you planning to arrive ? Will bad weather affect you ? You know, being a rookie at an event and learning about all this new stuff is kinda like being an Aggie !!!!!! ;)
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:45 pm

He's driving and camping at the FLYIN.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby woodsmoke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Well, if he is driving, what does he do with his airplane - does he haul it in the teardrop ? That's something that I want to see, too. Maybe he uses one of those power parachutes, but that will still be hard to get the motor and housing into a teardrop - no problem with the parachute part. I think that they call the parachute part "wings" or "sails" since they are not really parachutes - more of a sky diving type sail. This is boggling my mind; :thinking: sort of an Aggie feeling. Are you an Aggie?
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm

woodsmoke, ya wouldn't be one o'them piney wood razor rooters...wudja.................................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby woodsmoke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I think that you are referring to the Arkansas Razorbacks - I am a part time fan, depending on if I really know or am close to any of the players like years ago when Dan Hampton was playing. Dan lived just a few miles down the road from us and he was one of my son's idol. Dan grew up in an old, small country home and he promised his mother that he would someday build her a fine house, and after he went pro, he did.

I was born in Arkansas, but grew up in Louisiana. I am a Louisiana Tech Bulldog person. My first job out of college was on the Kisatchie National Forest at Winnfield.

I just love to harrass Aggies. :) I have several friends who are Aggies and have worked with a number of Aggies. My daughter in law is an Aggie. My soon to be ex son in law is an Aggie, and one of my sons has a masters from Texas A & M.
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 am

woodsmoke wrote:Well, if he is driving, what does he do with his airplane - does he haul it in the teardrop ? That's something that I want to see, too. Maybe he uses one of those power parachutes, but that will still be hard to get the motor and housing into a teardrop - no problem with the parachute part. I think that they call the parachute part "wings" or "sails" since they are not really parachutes - more of a sky diving type sail. This is boggling my mind; :thinking: sort of an Aggie feeling. Are you an Aggie?

He just pulls it behind his Tear!
:duh:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby reneedm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 am

Ronnie isn't taking an airplane to the fly-in just his teardrop for camping on his way to LCG V. :)
reneedm
Teardrop Inspector

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am

Madjack: I reread my response to you asking if I was one of those "piney woods razor rooters" and I realized that my response may have sounded a bit smartass. I had no intention of that, and I don't care what they are called. I have a thick hide, and although I have not met you, I think that you do too.

I was more of a Razorback fan when Lou Holtz was the head coach and that has been several years past. To me, Lou Holtz was a superb leader. He was heavily criticized when he dismissed four of his key players for rules violations just before a playoff game with Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. A lot of folks expected the Razorbacks to be stomped by Oklahoma since Holtz would not let any of the four players participate in the game - BUT, it didn't happen. The Razorbacks went into the game and played ball from the start to the finish. Dan Hamplton, our neighbor down the road played defensive linebacker, and he was in on many of the plays. Sorry Oklahoma fans, but I don't think that Oklahoma was expecting that from the Razerbacks on that day. Lou Holtz stood by his principles, inspired his team, and came out a winner. You just can't beat that. :thumbsup:

See you next week.
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Hey CAJUN LADY: I got to thinking about what you said about towing the aircraft behind the teardrop. If he is using a power parachute rig, that will work for the chassis part and putting the sail inside the teardrop. Surely wouldn't want to leave the sail on while towing because that would create a lot of drag - probably take a semi to tow it. Now, if he is using a regular airplane, you think that he'll have to take the wings off ? It might get airborne at higher speeds if he dosen't. BUT, this led me to another thought - put the regular airplane on top of the teardrop and then he can get lift which will make towing easier. What do you think? You know, this is kind of like one of those think sessions where you try to come up with solutions or ideas and just throw out anything that comes to mind - and low and behold, you just might come up with a winner. I think that we are on the right track - keep thinking.

I tell you what though, I'm going to find out for sure next week at LCG5. I know that you won't be there, but I can let you know if you want me to since this may be boggling your mind also. :)
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:05 pm

CAJUN LADY: NEVER MIND - I missed the post from reneedm that he is not taking his plane. He just might be interested in what we have come up with if he ever does want to take his plane. Keep up the thinking thinking: and if you come up with something good, let me know before LCG5.
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:08 pm

woodsmoke wrote:Hey CAJUN LADY: I got to thinking about what you said about towing the aircraft behind the teardrop. If he is using a power parachute rig, that will work for the chassis part and putting the sail inside the teardrop. Surely wouldn't want to leave the sail on while towing because that would create a lot of drag - probably take a semi to tow it. Now, if he is using a regular airplane, you think that he'll have to take the wings off ? It might get airborne at higher speeds if he dosen't. BUT, this led me to another thought - put the regular airplane on top of the teardrop and then he can get lift which will make towing easier. What do you think? You know, this is kind of like one of those think sessions where you try to come up with solutions or ideas and just throw out anything that comes to mind - and low and behold, you just might come up with a winner. I think that we are on the right track - keep thinking.

I tell you what though, I'm going to find out for sure next week at LCG5. I know that you won't be there, but I can let you know if you want me to since this may be boggling your mind also. :)

:thinking: Are you by any chance related to someone in Wyoming??
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 pm

If I am related to anyone in Wyoming, I am not aware of it and I guess the other person is not either or perhaps neither of us want to admit it. Do I want to be related to someone in Wyoming ? I crossed over the state line into Wyoming one day years ago when I was going to school at Fort Collins, Colorado - didn't even go as far as Cheyenne. I just wanted to be able to say that I had been to Wyoming.

I'm not too sure that I want to hear the answer to the above question, but, what the heck, I'll go for it !!!!!!
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Did you happen to notice that the wings are off of the plane that is in the background of rockinrobin's picture ? :o
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to South Central