LCG5 good & bad

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

LCG5 good & bad

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm

First the good. The weather was just wonderful and we had a very nice time. We made new friends and saw lots of our friends from the past. Thanks to Mad Jack and especially Poor Girl for the wonderful dinner on Friday night. Also for taking care of all the arrangements. Everyone outdid their selves on the great food as usual. Our Saturday morning breakfast was just as good as always. Thanks to Trudy and Gary and all their helpers, (too numerous to name), we were all pleasantly, (some miserably) full. Visiting was great and even the water baloon fights were fun. Danny taught me to always stand behind a tree. I love this family!

Now for the bad. On the way down just North of McAlister Jon's clutch went out and had to be towed back to Tulsa while we found a place to stow his TD.
After getting back to Tulsa he picked up his truck and went back to McAlister, picked up his TD and after getting lost ended up coming in to LCG about 3:00 on Thursday morning. On the way home in Henryetta he came to a intersection
with lights on green so he headed through. Next he knew there was a car stopped in front of him, no stop lights, and by the time he realized they were
stopped it was too late and he plowed into them. He wasn't going that fast so they only went a few feet and the girl drove on across the street and stopped.
Immediately she started saying she was hurt and wanted to call the Police. Well Jon had already called the police and they were there very fast with an emergency crew and an ambulance. There was very little damage to her car but she insisted on going to the hospital so they strapped her to a board and off they went. Everyone in her car gave their version and Jon wasn't even allowed to say anything. The Policerman said he must have been going quite fast but Jon asked him wouldn't there be more damage to the girls car if he had been running fast. Gene tried to tell them he was a witness as we were right beside them but they weren't even interested and didn't even take his name.
There was something very fishy about the whole thing but of course Jon was in the wrong since he hit her from behind. We think it may have been a set up but we will just have to wait and see. Her car was just dented and the whole front end of Jon's truck will have to be replaced. Luckily he wasn't hurt, the air bags didn't even go off and the police said well something was wrong with them. Needless to say it was a very expensive week end for him and may even be a lot worse.

Sure hope everyone else got home o.k. That is something that always worrys me is everyone getting home safely.

Loved seeing you all and missed the ones who couldn't make it.
Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Sounds like a sucker set-up to me, too. Either way, hopefully, the insurance company will take care of it. If you happened to have a camera with you, it would be good if you took pictures as additional 'damage' sometimes shows up later.

I hate that kind of bull pucky. :x

Sorry for your troubles. Good luck to you all.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Pam & Bob Bertrand » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:39 pm

My husband and I had a wonderful time. We enjoyed meeting all of you and seeing your teardrops and small trailers. The weather was great. And we very much enjoyed the Gumbo. Thanks MadJack.
Pam and Bob Bertrand
Baton Rouge,LA
Pam & Bob Bertrand
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm

:( Sorry to hear of all that stuff. I hope it works out for him. Insurance company or someone needs to see if the tail lights were put out.... :thinking: Funny how that works huh.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 pm

Oh my Goodness Granni! Hope it all works out okay ! and thanks for letting us know what happened! Makes our stripped out wheel bearing on the trailer seem like nothing! We luckily found it before leaving the park (about 9:30) and had to park the trailer, go to Minden for parts , come back and replace it and finally got on the road about 1:30 ! Whew!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby starleen2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 am

Julie - Glad to hear that you guys made it home!
Granni - sounds like a set up for sure. They call it a staged accident to defraud the insurance companies.
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

good and bad

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:16 am

Gary and I made it as far as mid-Arkansas. Had a flat tire on the trailer... tire couldnt have 1000 miles on it. Changed to spare and got to next town ... they had a WM ... and said there were about 5 holes in the tire in a very small area ... so there went $120 of our vacation money on a new tire :( It was really great seeing everyone .... cant wait until Beavers Bend. Trudy
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby jdhunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 am

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad everyone is OK.
Last edited by jdhunter on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdhunter
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Grani, I am sorry to hear about all the mess! It certainly sounds like a either a set up or someone just taking advantage. Strangely, I actually saw a billboard that said: "Thinking of staging an accident? Think again, we will get you" and it was a photo of a cop. I never saw anything like that before. I hope it all works out..
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby jss06 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Make absolutely certain they contact the insurance company and give their side of the story. Then let the insurance take care of it. That is why you pay them. I have had a couple of friends that have had major problems because they tried to keep the insurance compnay out of it.

Plus the insurance company can afford much better lawyers.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Loader » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Grani, sorry to hear about Jon's incident, at least he is alright. And Julie, glad you and Kenny made it home, heck of a way to start the long trip home.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:53 am

WOW. sounds like a set up to me Grani. I am glad Jon was ok. I will pray that all works out for him.
Julie, I'm glad u and Kenny got the wheel bearing fixed and could get back on the road.
Trudy and Gary. Flats are never fun especially when a new tire is ruined. I hope the rest of your journey was uneventful.

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby rockinrobin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 am

We left the park at 6:30AM Sunday morning and arrived in Lubbock at 6:00pm to drop off Rennee. I pulled in to my drive at 7:00. No problems. Long drive but worth it! Really enjoyed seeing and visiting with everyone.
Ronnie :thumbsup:
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby mandy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 am

I'm glad you all got home safe. :) Granny I fell so bad for Jon. I hope and pray that everything works out for him. :worship:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Return to South Central