Will you secretly camp and not tell the group HAHAHA

Yes me alone
75%
Yes with family
25%

Total votes : 8

Goin Campin this weekend

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 am

I Have Thurs-Sun off, so with all the stuff I have to do and want to do I decided to make camping part of it too. I haven't decided where to go or what day, but I am thinking Friday because Sat I probably won't get a spot, I don't know where I will go, but would like to see some hills so maybe cedar hill. They always have spots too.

How will it work out? I don't know, it's a mystery. but time will tell and I ain't telling no one.

Makes me wonder about all the other gatherings and good times go on, and what a good time it is indeed! :relaxing:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Lookfar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:21 am

Yep, heading out tomorrow morning. First camping trip with my tear! Going to Lake Charles S.P., about 50 miles from me. Was going to wait until I got back to say anything, post photo's, etc. Hoping to catch a few fish while I'm at it...
Butch
Lookfar
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:00 am

It's a possibility for us (tent camping.)

About two weeks ago, I called Loyd Park at Cedar Hill and they said that should have plenty of sites. The City of Grapevine has a campgroud - I believe it is called "Vineyard Park" or something like that at Lake Grapevine. They have just finished renovating the grounds. It is very nice, although it seems to be not as laid back as Loyd Park.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 am

Thomas; do you have a range of mileage from you home you would like to keep with in for the three days ( ie .... 6 hour drive or 120 miles ). If with in six hours you have most of Oklahoma, Texas, eastern half of Louisiana and western half of Arkansas ( trees and hills and lots of dry camping spots - donation of a few dollars a night - some might still be free ) with in driving time from Dallas area. Let me know I will explore some of these campsites myself.

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 pm

:( It's going to be too cold this weekend...But I am waiting for a warm one to sneek off.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Petit Jean State Park November 11/12-11/14 2010

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Can't believe you can't make our little camp out at Petit Jean.??????

It's ok, though we understand though not wanting to camp with anyone. We do it all the time. Dennis and I have camped for two months on the weekends except for two. Has been great weather and great fun... See someone camping somewhere.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby aggie79 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:50 pm

I've not found a bad state park in Arkansas. I'm mostly familiar with the parks in the western half of the state. Petit Jean is great. So is Devil's Den. We used to go to Lake Fort Smith SP quite a bit, but since the interstate was built, we haven't been. A little further east, we have had great times at DeGray Lake SP.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Lookfar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Tom, if we tell everyone about our parks, it will get too crowed for us. Of course, forum members are an exception...
Butch
Lookfar
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Well, this weekend I am just wanting something close, because it is just gonna be a one nighter and my truck gets crappy gas mileage anyway so somewhere within an hour is what I am looking for. Plus I don't want to spend a bunch of time driving when I could be utilizing this 4 day weekend working on my car! If I push real hard, I can go camping one night AND get the engine put in! We'll see.

Pat, for a 3 day gathering I try to take it event by event. I need to drop an over drive transmission in the truck and/or get the Monte Carlo finished before I can afford to consider anything over a 4 hr drive right now, but that still leaves me lots o choices!

Is it too cold right now Miriam? It is perfect down here!!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:58 pm

I forgot to say congrats on the 1st outing Butch!!! It rained here big time yesterday and today, not for long but they were soakers!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Lookfar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks, Thomas. I ended up coming home today as the rain is supposed to be here tonight. I didn't really want to do my leak test while camping. Still, it was nice and no problems aside from being a little chilly and the air mattress is lousy isulation...
Butch
Lookfar
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Yeah, I did my leak test in torrential rain, and failed :shock: Good call on that one. Even after you do a water hose test then a car wash spray test, the true test is always going to be driving down the freeway in rain, and sitting at a campsite while it rains on it for an hour, but you can hopefully catch the big offenders early using the home tests!

How was it otherwise? I am not a fan of air mattresses personally, you probably already know all the alternatives and those little $15 heaters from the Wal-store are way plenty for a teardrop.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Lookfar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:52 pm

It was great! My brother loaned me a little heater, which works fine. Just doesn't do much for the floor.
Although I sort of wish I'd built 10' rather than 8', the cabin is very comfortable and still more room than some of the boats I've had. Watched some Indiana Jones movies on the laptop, went to sleep and found out it was getting sort of chilly outside. I did post some photo's in the Trips section.
Butch
Lookfar
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Cool, thanks for letting me know they were there, I always miss stuff here!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central