LCG VI

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby StPatron » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Dewey and I got home about an hour ago. Flawless 850 mile round trip for DD! What fun! More trip report later, but this pic oughta get the talk going.... :lol:

Madjack enjoying his special birthday cake, a treat especially prepared by Dew. What's he picking up? Is that kinda like licking the frosting off first?

StPatron
Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 pm

One tired puppy here. Made it home safely.

Another wonderful LCG with lots of really great folk. Weather was made to order, other than that little bit of high humidity Thurs nite, but what is an LCG without a little rain?

I really feel bad I had to leave so early that I didn't get to get around to thank folk for all their hard work. Great food and activities. Thank you all!!!

It was good to meet new faces and catch up with old friends. I hope our long distance friends continue to make their long trips to join us for this fun event.

Now to the clothes washing part . . .
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

We got in and unhooked about 8:30 pm ... No problems , except darn tired.
Great weekend everybody ! Like always ....

Unloaded ... yes. Laundry started.. yes. Ice chests cleaned up ... yes. I have a wonderful man? ... YESYES YES !!!

Jewel
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby dguff » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Sorry I missed the gathering. I did sign my closing escrow papers this week but I plan to be there next year. I understand a good time was had by all. Now I am looking forward to the pics, lots of pics!!!

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby honeask » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:34 am

We really enjoyed our first LCG event. Met some really nice people that happen to cook really well. Those dark nights and bumpy paths back to camp are tricky :lol: . Thanks for the fellowship and some adult beverages.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:16 am

We made it home about 3:00 pm Sunday. I guess this was the first real outing with our completed teardrop. Thank you to everyone who organized the event! What a great time we had.

It was wonderful seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones too. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to venture too far from our campsite. Next year we are either going to get closer to the action and/or arrive on Wednesday.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby storm171 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 am

:applause: we had the best time ever ! We got home about 9:30 last nite.
Took Robert Anderson home and tucked him in !! Loved seeing everyone again !!Can't wait for next year!We hope Mad Jack had a great Birthday !! Connie,jane and Roibert :thumbsup:
storm171
Teardrop Builder

Postby storm171 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 am

message to Forest Frog:
Please fb Connie and Jane:
Connie Rogers Trosclair
Jane Rogers Fraley Wade.... :)
storm171
Teardrop Builder

Postby rockinrobin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey everybody, Really enjoyed the fellowship, food and fun! Especially liked looking at new trailers! We pulled out at 6:00 AM, hope we did not make too much noise! Dropped Rennee off in Lubbock at five PM and I pulled onto my drive at 6:00!
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:20 pm

Good time as always. My only chance to let loose and act a fool. Thanks to CD for the stickers, and to the nice people who made the keepsakes that were passed out. Scott taught me that I belong with incandescent lamps, what a pro, and Tony taught me to stop at ONE margarita, otherwise I go wandering off into the night and don't come back!!! A big thanks to Gary for making me a cigar box guitar, the brand name is even "Don Tomås", and it has a pickup inside it.

It was good seeing everyone again.
Last edited by 2bits on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:22 pm

O.K. there is a picture of the birthday boy. Where is Poor Girl? I do hope everyone gets home safe and sound. Sure miss seeing everyone.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby woodsmoke » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Aggie79: Wednesday arrival sounds great - another night for a snipe hunt, They really seem hard to get into a tight schedule. :thumbsup:

Thomas: I don't understand about a pickup in that box - you have to be talking about a toy pickup, but what does it do ? :thinking:
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks to all for a wonderful time! It was my second time to attend a gathering and the first one that I towed my nearly completed DD to. What a great group we have, my only regret was that I didn't have time to visit with more folks and see their trailers. The food was fantastic, the event was very well organized and the park was one of the nicest I've camped in. I always have a great time when I visit Louisiana and this was no exception.

My tomcat Dewey seemed to enjoy himself and all the friendly people who gave him neck scratches. I think he's going to be a great camping buddy. Our thanks to all for a great time!
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:53 pm

woodsmoke wrote:
Thomas: I don't understand about a pickup in that box - you have to be talking about a toy pickup, but what does it do ? :thinking:

There is actually a Piezo guitar pickup inside it and you plug it in to an amp. Plays similar to a mandolin ;)

Last edited by 2bits on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby woodsmoke » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh yea, rockinrobin; I know why you left so early - you didn't want me to see you take off with that teardrop behind your plane !!!!!!! I didn't hear a thing :D

planovet; We have gots to write an official airboat noise control plan. Your plan definitly worked - no noise on Saturday or Sunday mornings !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

GREAT TIME EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South Central