LCG VI

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:01 pm

2bits wrote:A big thanks to Gary for making me a cigar box guitar, the brand name is even "Don Tomås", and it has a pickup inside it.

You're welcome, Thomas. When I saw that box, it had your name written all over it... well, kinda. :lol:

I see that you already got another string for it, cool. There are lots of instructional vids on YouTube in case you're interested in traditional songs.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby honeask » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:37 pm

Very cool guitar, StPatron. OK Thomas, now you have a traveling guitar for the guitar jam you missed this year. Next year, guitar jam at our camp, wherever that will be.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby CASHCOW » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 pm

CASHCOW pulled in about 7:00 pm tonight (Monday)... We feel like we are still rolling down the highway. We logged in 1272 miles. After taking a three hour break in Canton, we figured we better stop for the night and start fresh this morning. Stopped last night at Lake Tawakoni.

Thanks for the great fellowship. The campfire was great. First one we have been able to have all camping season. You guys make every mile worth it for us to come share some fellowship, BS, and food.

Mike and Brenda
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby woodsmoke » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 pm

There was a guitar jam ??????? GEEZE, I missed it, but me and my washboard probably would not have fit in !!!!!!! :D
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah, meeee toooo... Too many sites, so little time when it comes to LCG...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm

CASHCOW wrote:Stopped last night at Lake Tawakoni.

Mike and Brenda

Mike, I will be living just a couple miles from there in a couple of months in the middle of the woods, I hope you can come out to camp1
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 pm

CASHCOW wrote:You guys make every mile worth it for us to come share some fellowship, BS, and food. Mike and Brenda

Well said, Mike. It was a long drive in the pouring rain, hoping DD wouldn't fall apart as I bounced along the two-lanes being whipped by the semis. But, every mile worth it. Seeing that lantern of yours was a real treat for me. So glad you could make the trip.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 pm

2bits wrote:I will be living just a couple miles from there in a couple of months in the middle of the woods, I hope you can come out to camp

Thomas, what do you think about a music playing get-together at your new place or nearby? If so, sign me up.

Sorry for the thread hijack, maybe we should start a new one???
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 pm

honeask wrote:Very cool guitar, StPatron. OK Thomas, now you have a traveling guitar for the guitar jam you missed this year. Next year, guitar jam at our camp, wherever that will be.

Thanks Sandy. I needed another hobby about like I needed a hole in my head, but they sure are fun to tinker with. I heard Thomas play and I'll tell ya this, the guy's sand-baggin. He can play! Don't let him fool ya. He picked it up like he was born with one in his hands. Sign me up for the guitar jam.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 am

We got home late Tuesday night. (We had to get our sightseeing in !)

Like CashCow said, it was worth every mile to have a great weekend like that. We had a fun time hanging out with everyone. THANKS for making us feel welcome! I really enjoyed meeting lots of people and saying hi to friends.

We only had one mechanical problem, somewhere between Lake Bistineau and Sequoyah Bay Campgound near Wagoner, OK, we had hit a bump and it made a folding chair jump off of the bed and lock our door from the inside !!! I had to remove the window and reach in and unlock it.
:lol: :lol:

Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Postby madprinter » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am

Anoughter great gathering. You people are the best group. I had a blast and enjoyed seeing everyone again. Can't wait for the next gathering.
Thanks to everyone that made this an awsome gathering.
William
madprinter
The 300 Club

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 pm

StPatrón wrote:
2bits wrote:I will be living just a couple miles from there in a couple of months in the middle of the woods, I hope you can come out to camp

Thomas, what do you think about a music playing get-together at your new place or nearby? If so, sign me up.

Sorry for the thread hijack, maybe we should start a new one???

Defintiely! I'll post a thread in a little while since I just got the offer accepted about an hour ago for the land :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Loader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

2bits wrote:
Defintiely! I'll post a thread in a little while since I just got the offer accepted about an hour ago for the land :thumbsup:

CONGRATS Thomas!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jerry101jlh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Wanted to say thanks to everybody, was great fun. Our first gathering and now we know we have to attend more and from now on know more what we're in for and be ready to join in the fun. Finally got home yesterday after a 3 day "rest stop" at Mission Tejas State Park in Texas. Thank again to everybody!

Jerry & Renee
jerry101jlh
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:11 pm

jerry101jlh wrote:Wanted to say thanks to everybody, was great fun. Our first gathering and now we know we have to attend more and from now on know more what we're in for and be ready to join in the fun. Finally got home yesterday after a 3 day "rest stop" at Mission Tejas State Park in Texas. Thank again to everybody!

Jerry & Renee

Whoa, did I meet you guys? What site were you in?

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central