The OLD 2bit Woodlands that never was...

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

The OLD 2bit Woodlands that never was...

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm

On my birthday in Jan 2011 I decided I was tired of the suburban struggle with a big home I couldn't afford, living in a place I did not want to retire. So I bought a cheap older mobile home (I like to call it a trailer) and fixed it up cool the way I wanted to and moved into the trailer park where it already sat. The next step was to buy some acreage in the woods near Lake Tawakoni where most of my friends live, and move there, have it all paid for within 5 years and live the rest of my life right where I want to end up.

Step two happened today. Financing was already approved, and my offer on 5 acres I found was accepted! Closing is expected by the end of November and I will move in as quickly as physically possible. The land used to have a trailer on it before, so septic, water and electric are all installed. The next expense is moving my trailer in.

As long as the land is in my possession, even if I don't live there it might be a cool place to do an overnighter for New Years. Obviously, it will be cold so if I wasn't moved yet, I could at least effort to get the electric turned on and a box ran from the pole for heaters. If I am moved, we would have a restroom. Since this is a tight timeframe, this is a proposal contingent on successful closing, which I do not see as a problem so far. Even if there is no electric, a few blankets might be enough for the brave. Job #1 is a firepit though!

Regardless, I wanted to introduce to my camping friends what will hopefully be a common (and 100% free) camping destination...

The 2bit Woodlands:

This is an Ariel shot with the property lines, and homesite outlined. You turn into the woods and wind your way up to the circle driveway and at the top of the hill there is the clearing. The previous owner had horses and 4 wheelers so there are trails already cut all throughout.

Here is a tour.... My neighbor has Horses, goats and cows

The "driveway":

To the circle drive. Tree trimming and a load of gravel will be coming in short order

Up the hill to the homesite

Homesite and Firepit area

Sample of the trails

The driveway out

The park will be open soon! More to Come!
Last edited by 2bits on Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby WarPony » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Kick ass, dude!! That looks like a great spot for maxin' and relaxin'!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For some reason, I thought you were looking around the panhandle area :thinking:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Congratulations, Thomas! You have a good start towards making all your dreams come true. Step by step, they will! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

New Home

Postby AceMan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Nice looking estate 2bits :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Loader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Congrats Thomas! Nice looking homestead :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby packerz4 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:00 pm

you might be better off building a small cheap cabin than moving the trailer. you can then sell your trailer in town and not have the moving expenses, and not be losing that asset and have to dispose of it later from you property?

have fun! i love the simple life, and the country!
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Excellent! I really like the looks of that property.

Congratulations to you on what must be a very exciting moment in your life and for having the courage to follow your dreams.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:42 pm

packerz4 wrote:you might be better off building a small cheap cabin than moving the trailer. you can then sell your trailer in town and not have the moving expenses, and not be losing that asset and have to dispose of it later from you property?

have fun! i love the simple life, and the country!

I appreciate your positive thoughts so I know it is all with good intentions, but I don't think you might have thought it through. I don't know about your financial situation, but it appears alot different than mine. My trailer IS a small cheap cabin, and a permanent one! I didn't just wing this idea. It's only a couple grand to move a trailer. How much is it to build a cabin? Not to mention $400/month BLOWN paying rent to some trailer park for 6 mo- 1 yr building. I don't know many people with that kind of green these days. I have put alot of time into getting it the way I like it and don't intend on replacing it with a mortgaged house once I move, as I assume you mean to replace the small cheap cabin with a "house". This is about the end game, I am making it happen now, and I will be fully paid for in 4 years.

:D

If you want to see my trailer build here you go:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=42697

Here are some highlights:

I also already have a small cheap cabin that my buddy down the street is holding for me,, but that is a bit small and cheap and is gonna be my wood shop once I get moved!

Last edited by 2bits on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby packerz4 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 pm

no harm intended. you have an awesome trailer. I was just thinking a cabin might be more woodsy, and allow you to sell the trailer where it sits. i have a small 2 room cabin that is 12x24 and it's SIMPLE... i like the simplicity.

i love and admire your game plan! way to make it happen!
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby B52 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Way cool Thomas! You have the right idea there. Do it step by step and don't go into long term debt. Looks like a fine place to put a camper and have a cool one! :beer: :applause: :applause:
Jim

Stumble through life; fat, dumb and happy!!
B52
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:54 pm

packerz4 wrote:no harm intended. you have an awesome trailer. I was just thinking a cabin might be more woodsy, and allow you to sell the trailer where it sits. i have a small 2 room cabin that is 12x24 and it's SIMPLE... i like the simplicity.

i love and admire your game plan! way to make it happen!

Thanks, I figured you just didn't know the extend of the...... Grand Plan :)

I like simplicity too, that's the plan here!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Thank you Earl, Jeff, Sharon, AceMan, Gary, and Jim for the kind words and support.

Earl I hope to see you at the first gathering!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby rockinrobin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 am

Awsome :thumbsup:
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby honeask » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 am

Great place Thomas and now when you wander off into the woods....they may be your own.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:01 am

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

Congrats Thomas,

Linda and I are envious of your new homestead. We've been thinking about looking for the same thing on the west side of the metroplex.

If you're going to have a barn raising, post it on this site and we'll meet you out on your new property.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Next

Return to South Central