New Years Eve at the 2bit Woodlands (CANCELLED)

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

New Years Eve at the 2bit Woodlands (CANCELLED)

Postby 2bits » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 pm

OK I haven't moved, or even closed on the land yet, but I wanted to gauge interest in doing this event, it would be an awesome way to Christen the new place. There was some talk at LCG of going to someone's house, but not as a camping gathering, so I thought this might be a good opportunity for us all to keep the fires burning. Please let me know what you think!

This is 5 acres in the woods directly off FM 751 2 miles Southeast of Quinlan, TX. There is a huge clearing in the middle and lots of cubbyholes to park and camp in.

Closing is scheduled for Nov 30 so that gives me 1 month before New Years to get things as set up as possible. Since it is a gathering if I am not moved there yet it isn't a problem, I have a camper!

However, if I am not moved won't be bathrooms or showers. It will be a one nighter so showers shouldn't be a problem, and if you have a privacy tent and a porta potty that would make that ok, but just to be clear on expectations. It is on my to-do list to build a bath house for gatherings though! (FYI this is the middle of the woods but there is a 24hr Wally World 2 mi away for any special needs)...

Also, Water and electric may or may not be turned on. It had utilities installed before, but getting it re-setup might not be turn key. First order of business will be getting a box ran from the pole for electric, because it will be cold and we need our heaters!

So, anyone interested? We WILL have a campfire!!!
Last edited by 2bits on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby jerry101jlh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Hmmm, this could be fun.
jerry101jlh
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:12 am

Well, I gave it thought and there is an option for everything but electrical, we gotta have heat. So I guess that is my deciding factor for if I will be there. So if I have power, I will be there even if I am alone but I know all my buddies in Terrell will be there too so I'll keep the updates coming on the power sitcheation.... I'll be sure a box is well placed for distribution :worship:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby planovet » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Well, there was talk of having the New Years party at our house. There would be no camping and maybe a small fire. But if everyone would rather go to your place that is fine. I will leave it up to SCG.
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby 2bits » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:25 pm

planovet wrote:Well, there was talk of having the New Years party at our house. There would be no camping and maybe a small fire. But if everyone would rather go to your place that is fine. I will leave it up to SCG.

Ahh OK I knew there was a conversation going, but I didn't who's house was being talked about. If there's no power, I won't be going out there, will be too cold without a heater for the camper! Didn't mean to step on any toes, we'll see how time takes us, I won't be offended either way.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Well, no camping at the Woodlands... due to no woodlands! The deal fell through. The appraisal came in under valued and the sellers wouldn't come down on the price and the lender won't lend for more than the appraised value.

Oh well, I have one more trick up my sleeve and either way there WILL be a place sometime soon!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Loader » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Really sorry to hear that Thomas. Guess that land wasn't meant to be, sometimes negative results turn out to be positive results in the long run.

The REAL 2Bits Homestead is stil out there!

Best of luck with Plan B.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks Earl,

I am revisiting that frontage Rd land I found last year again with some additional family support and so far we have positive confirmation today from the owner to move forward, so this is actually a good thing as long as it turns out. Since that was originally Plan A, we'll hope for that and have put plans C and D in place to avoid the appraisal snafu, so I feel 75% confident that I will get my "First Love" after all....

Updates to come....

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central