MORE 2bit Land

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

MORE 2bit Land

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 am

Did I get your attention? It sure got mine....

I thought you guys might be interested in the land my buddy turned me on to. This just fell into my lap two days ago. My friend’s co-worker is looking to sell his 13ac on the Talimena National Scenic Byway in the Ouachita National Forest near the border of OK and AR. It is on (not off) hwy 259 exactly 1 hr North of Beaver's Bend. He only wants 18k for it, and will owner finance for 5 years. I got a BIG bonus from my yearly review yesterday so I will be able to still get my local land to move to in a few months, and this as well for camping and gatherings and possible future retirement. My friend Kelly and I are going in on it together to make the payments easily affordable and we have both always wanted something like this.

Oh... and it has an A-frame cabin ALREADY built and on the property. Most of you know about me and A frames... Note the fire pit out front too...

The only negative is that it is total dry camping no, water/power but that can be overcome I cannot pass it up and the location is absolutely incredible. Did I mention it is IN the National forest and ON the Scenic Highway???

I picked up the keys tonight and I have the camper packed, and me and my girlfriend are going camping there the next two days to check it out, I would buy it without the cabin for that price. I will take lots of pictures. As long as the title search and deed is clean, I cannot see any reason why this won't be mine. (and ours)

:twisted:

More to come once I return, here are some other pics

Last edited by 2bits on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby eamarquardt » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 am

GREAT!!!!

Here all you get for $18K is a receipt for your property tax bill.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am

Thomas,

What a deal! I've driven Talimena Drive in the Winding Stair mountains several times. It is a beautiful place. :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Spotman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:07 am

:o So, if I send you a deposit, do I get a small piece of the property to plant my Tear and come stay when I can? Really Beautiful place. Best of luck.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

Wow neighbors ....... well 70 miles down the road south of me. As for power ...... I will give you some ideas used around here; when I see you at BB.:twisted:

You have a great spot like that. Water is something you will have to work at.

When is the barn raise-in ;)

Good find Thomas ! :applause:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Gorgeous property Thomas!

We may want to plan an excursion during Beavers Bend to run up and check out your property.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Brenda and I went camping up at the land Saturday night to check it out and the land was nice, but while I was sitting in front of the campfire, I was thinking that this actually was no better then the place on HWY 34 that I am going to buy to live in. I could hear and see the cars on 259 driving by and thought that I could be doing this at my new home, why would I drive 4 hours away to do the same thing.

Now then again... I learned quick that the "View" photo was not from this parcel, but from the parcel next to it which was so much greater. It is dream land. That parcel has the mountainous view and the sprawling deck overlooking. It is a total dream spot. The upshot is that it is owned by a dentist in The Colony, TX (Near my home) and he abandoned it 15 years ago and bought land in Tahoe so he may be interested in selling since this place obviously hasn't even been visited in 10 years from the condition. So all in all, it may or may not not lead to anything but was a great camping trip anyway!

Here some photos of the trip, there is one short road and three a frame houses on it, and that is all there is for 5 miles in any direction.

Anyone want to go in together on some land??? We could get both parcels.

The gate:

The road in with "the" a frame on the right:

The campsite:

The campsite at night with the firepit goin...

Some hippie freak

Some hippie freaks girl

"My" overlook:

NOW... the second a frame up on the hill at the overlook:

View facing the a frame, the deck overlooks the next photo:

The view off the deck of the second (not mine)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Loader » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Looks great Thomas. I know it has long been your dream to grab a parcel of land to call your own, looks like a great spot! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks Earl! I found out the previous owner passed away in 2010 and it is owned by an investments co. so we are checking to see if they will sell and how much. This would be 100% pure vacation land due to the distance, but I could see a firepit right there in the clearing overlooking that mountain view! We'll see what happens, no pressure on me since this is "extra", but it sure is nice.

PS: My "home" land purchase is ramping up again now that I got my bonus so I will post when anything happens with that too.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby AceMan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:07 pm

You will be a land Baron yet Thomas!! It has just taken a while :lol:
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Return to South Central