Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas

Postby WarPony » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:30 pm

My GF Anna and I just got back from our vacation from here. What a nice park to stay at!! We left from Kansas and made the 8-hour trek to the park. I got within 5 miles of the park and was still on flat ground and thought, "What in the hell is the big deal about this place? This is supposed to be a top notch Arkansas park! There's bigger hills in Topeka than what I'm driving on!".
Uh, yeaaaahhhhhhhhh. About a mile later my El Camino's brakes and ragged out engine were being put to the test :thumbdown: !!

The three miles up, down and around 154.......... we finally arrived at the park. It's really a big park with a lot to do. There's a lake to fish and rent boats from, several hiking trails to explore, cabins to rent and an airport for small airplanes to land. Mather Lodge has the cabins and a resturant that serves great breakfast (cheep, cheep!).

Beautiful country!! Saw our 2nd LIVE armadillo (or "dillers") as they/you call them. Watch out!! Anna's dog, Maggie, was robbed by the "masked bandit" of 2lbs. of dry dog food that I had stowed away in a Rubbermaid Action Packer tub................... :x . After a search of the surrounding woods, I found a bunch of old ziplock sacks and snack wrappers. Me thinks there is a "cereal" :lol: criminal lurking the woods.

Anyway, we had a good time. Good facilities but bring plenty of supplies, it's in the middle of BFE!!
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby stjohn » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:59 am

Another great place to go in ar. is Albert pike its off of st hwy 70 about 60 miles west of Hot Springs great place to camp swim and fish nice park with wonderfull bath and shower facilities nice little camp store not real expensive if you ever go Glenwood is about 25 miles to the east canoe rentals there and check out Bill's House of Guitars really cool

Mike
Lake fork Tx

P.S. why did the chicken cross the road ?

To prove to the armadillo it could be done :D :D
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:18 am

stjohn wrote:

To prove to the armadillo it could be done

Heh, heh......good one.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Return to South Central