8th Beavers Bend Gathering March 22-24 2013

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

8th Beavers Bend Gathering March 22-24 2013

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 am

Reservations have been made for Beavers Bend 2013. :D
March 22 - 24, 2013

almost 1/3rd of the group showed up on Thursday this year. I will call the park later today or tomorrow and let them know some will be arriving on Thursday again. This year they did not reserve the specific sites I asked them to for Thursday but I will stress the ones we want again for Thursday and ask for my confirmations to show them. So......if you plan to arrive on Thursday and want a specific site send me a PM ASAP. This keeps the big rigs from being in our way untill Friday.

I have 2 weeks to pay the deposit for Friday night to hold the campground.
For those of you that don't know how we do the reservations, Charles and I pay the deposit for the entire campground and then you mail your deposit to us. So, please get your deposit (or you can pay in full) to me by April 9, 2012.

For those that were not able to make it this year, if I filled your spot then your deposit from 2012 will roll over to next year.
I forget to mention there is a Senior Citizen discount of $2 per campsite so please let me know if I hav failed to give you this discount.

Fees
Campsite $25 per night
Tent $12 per night (if someone older than 18 occupies it)
Electricity for then is $8 per night

Thank you again for making Beavers Bend 2012 a great success

Linda Modisette
4022 State Hwy 7 West
Pollok, TX 75969

Those attending with deposit received/deposit transfered from this year
1. Coca Cola Teardrop
2. Woodyperk6
3. Brandon Perkins - CX
Warpony - CX
4. Taylor Perkins -CX
price
5. EVACKASHACK
6. Razorback
7. Texas Bill
8. Starleen2 - cx
Aggie79
9. Spinnernut
10. Oklahomajewel
11. Todah Tear - CX
Catoosa Grani CX
12. Aprazar
13. TheHighlander
14. 2bits
15. Woodsmoke
16. Planovet -cx
Aceman
17. RAYILLIAN
18. davel
19. vairman
20. Mechmagcn
21. Tiny Tow
22. Bodyman
23. Reoron
24. Reoron
25. dbtrees
26. junkboy999 *
27. McTeardrops *
28. friends of Dave & Cindy *
Last edited by Coca Cola Teardrop on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:28 am, edited 29 times in total.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Re: 8th Beavers Bend Gathering March 22-24 2013

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

There were some requests made around the group that if the park might be able to put up a sign that says "ALL SITES FULL" it might reduce the traffic of people driving through. I personally don't might people pulling through for the show, but when they pull up right in front of the party site campfire and start pitching a tent in someone's site, it seems a bit extreme. To add to it, they moved to an unoccupied site and were the tent campers who were in the site at the end. They were not part of our group and did not pay to camp that night, so it would be nice if the park would be able to hang a sign for us or put up a pylon or something.

I will send you my full Fri-Sat payment in a few days and post when I do!

Thank you Linda and Charles!!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 pm

We will be working on a sign for the future.
I think we all agree that we enjoy showing off our teardrops but a sign would keep the big rigs out from looking for an available site.

I was told that someone in our group gave them permission to pitch their tent in an empty site.
They did pay for Friday night and I instructed them to pay park host if they stayed past 2pm on Saturday. Last I spoke to them they had not yet paid for Sat but then the camp host never came through on Saturday after I paid them as they had company.

In the future even if we have an available site anyone not part of our group needs to be sent on their way or send them to me.

It will take all of us to keep the squatters out.

Any suggestions to make this campout go smoother than normal are greatly appreciated. The sign is a great idea.

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Well as CD put it: "if you want it done right, don't put me in charge"... :lol:

You are right Linda, we all should have contributed to ousting them, but I guess we all depended too much on the park (and CD, no offense), so it's not a major issue. Next time "WE"as a group may need to reinforce that every site is reserved and while we want to support every family with 7 kids and an infant, they have to pay their way and PAY to camp just like we did. They drove a new Tahoe so they were not "needy".

Just think if Danny rolled up! I woulda liked THAT exchange haha
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Cindy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 am

[quote="2bits"]Well as CD put it: "if you want it done right, don't put me in charge"... :lol:

You are right Linda, we all should have contributed to ousting them,
Thomas, I'm not sure that I understand. I personally would have been terribly upset if we had sent them away when there was room for them. The site was not taken. Besides, a tent can share a site with any other camper (if somebody did show up) and we have never sent anyone away. Some of our best people are ones who just showed up with a tent and then decided that teardroppers were great people to be around. If anyone had told them to move on, I would have offered to let them put the tent up on my site next to my trailer. There is plenty of room there. As a group, we have never been separatists at our gatherings. I realize that they showed up late but our being helpful and offering them an option may have gained us another friend to add to our teardrop family. I can hear them now telling all their friends how wonderful teardroppers are to be around.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby mechmagcn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:23 am

Cindy wrote:
Thomas, I'm not sure that I understand. I personally would have been terribly upset if we had sent them away when there was room for them. The site was not taken. Besides, a tent can share a site with any other camper (if somebody did show up) and we have never sent anyone away. Some of our best people are ones who just showed up with a tent and then decided that teardroppers were great people to be around. If anyone had told them to move on, I would have offered to let them put the tent up on my site next to my trailer. There is plenty of room there. As a group, we have never been separatists at our gatherings. I realize that they showed up late but our being helpful and offering them an option may have gained us another friend to add to our teardrop family. I can hear them now telling all their friends how wonderful teardroppers are to be around.

I'm with Cindy on this one, if Donna and I had been turned away when we showed up at Petit Jean, I doubt I would ever have attended another teardrop gathering. In the future, if anyone shows up wanting to camp, I don't care if they're in a new limo or a rusty ol truck, they're welcome to share my site :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Yes I agree that we are not separatists, I think the consensus around the fire was mostly that they should have paid for the site
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I see both sides that everyone is coming from.

Thomas, they did pay for Friday night which actually let me roll Spinnernut's deposit over to next year instead of him losing it.

If we had someone coming in late and the site had been occupied by a non teardropper then I consider that a bit of a problem. As it turned out this time the space was vacant but yet reserved which means they did not take note of the signs on the sites.

Several of us are going to work on some type of sign (which we could have been using the past 7 years) welcoming our Teardrop and Tiny Trailer Friends. This will let outsiders know that there is a group in the Buckeye campground
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Good job Linda!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TheHighlander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

We well send are's when I get a stamp. But one thing we are there again.

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Well folks – It looks like that BB for 2013 will fall on Palm Sunday – Work for me – so we’ll make it, but have to leave on Saturday. No biggie though.
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby starleen2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

2bits wrote:There were some requests made around the group that if the park might be able to put up a sign that says "ALL SITES FULL" it might reduce the traffic of people driving through. I personally don't might people pulling through for the show, but when they pull up right in front of the party site campfire and start pitching a tent in someone's site, it seems a bit extreme. To add to it, they moved to an unoccupied site and were the tent campers who were in the site at the end. They were not part of our group and did not pay to camp that night, so it would be nice if the park would be able to hang a sign for us or put up a pylon or something.

I will send you my full Fri-Sat payment in a few days and post when I do!

Thank you Linda and Charles!!!!

As to the reservation of sites – there is a sign as you pull into the section – and it clearly stated that the campground was full and all sites are reserved and assigned. See camp host before occupying any site. This was written in bright yellow just before entering the section – I don’t know how anyone could miss it.
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 am

HAHAHAH Scott, goes to show no one reads signs.

Reminding everyone I will be calling the park on April 9th to pay deposit, so the more that send me their deposits by then the better for my bank account. I hope to not have to dip into my Germany $.

BTW, my flight is booked for Germany. I am one excited mama. getting closer and closer to exploring Germany and seeing my baby girl. :D
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby mechmagcn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:
BTW, my flight is booked for Germany. I am one excited mama. getting closer and closer to exploring Germany and seeing my baby girl. :D

And getting out of the house so that Charles and Charlie can follow me to Alaska :shock:
I'll get a check in the mail soon.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:05 pm

mechmagcn wrote:
Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:

And getting out of the house so that Charles and Charlie can follow me to Alaska :shock:
I'll get a check in the mail soon.

hahahaha Jeff, yes, Charles and Charlie's big adventure. No telling where they will wind up.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Next

Return to South Central