Summer camping? Anybody?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Summer camping? Anybody?

Postby T&CLongmire » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Carole and I plan to sneak away every chance we get. Including this coming weekend if the rain lets up.
T&CLongmire
Teardrop Builder

Re: Summer camping? Anybody?

Postby 2bits » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm

I have been trying to move my wood shop into my land East of Dallas for over a month now and I keep getting rain delays! I welcome them because it is delaying the onslaught of 100' temps for the next two months, but it is a drag for my move!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

We went to Cleburne State Park this past weekend. It's only about an hour's drive south of Fort Worth, so we could pack up it was too hot. Yes, it was hot, but not too bad, and for some reason, even though our campsite was next to the lake, we didn't experience many mosquitos.

I think the camping in the next two months in Texas, though, is going to be out of the question.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby honeask » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:06 am

We are going to Garner State Park on August 12th for 4 nights. Can't wait, hope the Frio River stays good for a little floating. Next one after that will be LCG probably.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby BillZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

My wife and I are going to an excellent state park in Western Maryland this weekend. It is in the mountains at about 2500' elevation and the weather is predicted to be upper 70's/low 80's in the day and around 60 at night. After all the 100+ days in the DC area this past month I am really looking forward to it!

In August there is a sizable group from the Chesapeake Bay Tearjerker's going to Maine for a week to visit our former chapter director and his wife.
BillZ
The 300 Club

Postby starleen2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 pm

still to Hot to camp!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby TheHighlander » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Me and Gerri are going to Galveston State Park
Aug. 10,11,12

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby honeask » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:44 pm

It's always something. We have a good friend that is very ill, it might not be too long for him and now it looks like a tropical storm heading our way. We would be hours away from the storm but we may need to stay home to protect everything. This trip may have to be postponed, just not sure yet. Oh well, there is always LCG.
Sandy

The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby honeask » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 am

We are on our way to Garner State Park with the cold Frio River, can't wait.
Scott, how did your Galveston bike event turn out?
Sandy

honeask
Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:15 am

Lenora & I are heading out with the TD on Wed, Aug 15th for Arizona to visit her relatives. We'll be in Flagstaff area & north on the Hopi Reservation so it may be a little cooler than we've had here in Arkansas for the past couple of months. We're also considering a trip extension on to Riverside, CA if time & finances [gas prices] permit. Her youngest brother lives there & has been 'buggin' us for several years to come see him. We like to sleep in our own bed (reason for the TD) & don't know if there're any campgrounds in his area or if we'd be permitted to park in his backyard?? We'll try to keep up with the forum if I can figure out how to get tnttt programmed on the DROID :R
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 2bits » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 am

Dare I say it, but what a mild summer we have been having! Yeah it's hot m but it's summer in Texas, it's supposed to be hot! BUT, at night it is in the low 70's? This is like a desert summer with the cool evenings. Last year it was 100 through midnight! That was oppressive! We are doing great down South this year. I guess the North got a taste of what he deal with each year. I feel bad for them as they are not equipped and prepared for such weather, just like when we have a bad winter down here, everything just shuts down! anyway, the point is that these cool August evenings would make some pretty decent camping weather..
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to South Central