June 1st- 3rd at Barwell mountain ORV park.

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Eddielbs » Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 am

June 1st 2nd and 3rd. Gabe and I are going to Barnwell mountain ORV park. Its over near Gilmer texas and has some nice camping and off road wheeling. If any one would like to come meet up and get in on some of it just let me know. You can wheel a 4x4 vehicle, wheeler, side by side or motorcycle.

Here's a link to the park site.

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

You must have a Texas Off highway vehicle sticker to wheel that cost 15 bucks a year, and the park fees are:

Park Usage Fee Per Day $15.00
Passenger or Guest Per Day $5.00
Primitive Camping Per Night $10.00
Electric Campsite Per Night $25.00
VIP Campsite Per Night $15.00
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Re: June 1st- 3rd at Barwell mountain ORV park.

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Just you & Gabe going ? You're gonna start him early huh ! haha

Dang.... that's NEXT weekend ... I think Kenny has to work , and that looks to be about a full 5 hour drive. I 'll ask him about it though.

Hope we get to camp with y'all soon! It's gonna be a hot summer .

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Sat May 26, 2012 9:53 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Just you & Gabe going ? You're gonna start him early huh ! haha

Dang.... that's NEXT weekend ... I think Kenny has to work , and that looks to be about a full 5 hour drive. I 'll ask him about it though.

Hope we get to camp with y'all soon! It's gonna be a hot summer .

Julie

Yeah this is kinda our last hurrah for the summer. It's really just a wheeling trip with the jeep thats got some camping attached to it. Anna has bowed out mainly because she has other things she would rather do than wheel and sweat. But i'm going to brave the heat for one more trip. Since its just Gabe and I, were going to camp in the primitive area. Mainly because of the fact it has more trees that shade the camp sites. I'll be bringing my Honda genny and using the water from the camper's tank for showers. I'm not even real sure if the park has a shower house or not.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Sounds like a cool place! I'll be digging my gas line this weekend, but wish I was there!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Eddielbs » Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am

2bits wrote:Sounds like a cool place! I'll be digging my gas line this weekend, but wish I was there!

I'll post some pictures up for you Thomas. The park does have showers and stuff by the way. The cost of primitive camping is 10 bucks a day. And use of the trails is another 30 unless you have a http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ membership, Then it's 15 bucks a day. It is a cool place to go wheeling. Just search Barwell mountain on you tube for some cool video of people wheeling in the park.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 pm

It is not a bad drive for me from my new place so yeah, please post some pics!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:30 pm

2bits wrote:It is not a bad drive for me from my new place so yeah, please post some pics!

Well we made it home in one piece! And we didn't lose many parts on the mountain either. Here's a few pictures we took during the trip.
Heres a link to the rest of the photos and a few videos http://www.photobucket.com/Barnwell2012

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Sorry I forgot to post a thank you for the pics!!! I meant to, got distracted, had another :beer: and there it was... but thanks for posting the pics, it looks like a great time!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central