"Rita" Do we need to rethink this Weekend?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

"Rita" Do we need to rethink this Weekend?

Postby poolking » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Hey All,

Peggy and I were looking at the weather tonight. I may be jumping the gun here, but we are not sure what our plans are for this weekend. Do we go to Inks Lake or stay home and ride out Rita. We are working out plans for both, I guess?

We are about 40 miles north of Houston. If she hits in the Galveston area, we get some bad weather here.

poolking
Mike and Peggy
poolking
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GeorgeT » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Maybe Inks Lake would be the place to be. Our weather prediction for this weekend so far in Austin is 20 to 30 percent chance of showers.
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:06 am

I think we'll wait and see where she goes. Sorry, but I don't enjoy camping in the rain. :thumbdown:

The bad news is, they seem to have gotten extreemly accurate predicting the paths of hurricanes now. I rode out hurricane Celia in Corpus Christi in 1970 and although it was nothing compared to Katrina, I promised myself I would never do it again.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:36 am

I say we wait another day and see what happens.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:33 am

Linda,

Agreed, I'm going to wait until Thursday to make my decision.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Damn Hurricanes

Postby KZ76017 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:04 am

I'm getting tired of hurricanes disrupting my plans. I have my uncle living with me because he was living in Biloxi and now when I think I can take a little break here comes another one.
I made a 1200 mile round trip to Biloxi last weekend to get all of his belongings. That was quite an experience!

8) :twisted:
KZ76017
Teardrop Master

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:35 am

I called TPWD to see about cancellations. If you have reservations for Friday 23rd you have to cancel before Wednesday 6pm to get a full refund minus a $5 cancellation fee. Yesterday the weather prediction for our area indicated a clear day on Friday. Today the prediction is for a 30% chance of rain and or stormy weather for Friday. It seems to be deteriorating. I will wait until tomorrow afternoon and if it is not any better for Friday, I figure on cancelling. They said as of now Inks Lake is booked solid with no cancellations. So if you cancel now thinkin' on getting in on Friday if the weather improves, the chances are slim. But maybe in the next couple of days there will be a lot of cancellations leaving some openings if the weather clears. We want to go as I haven't been camping in my rig yet. But I agree, I don't like camping in the rain. :roll: :cry: :worship:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:57 pm

FWIW, I just checked the "projected" path of the storm on the net, and IF it goes to the center of the projection, as the last few have, we should have little if any weather from the storm at Inks Lake.

Sometime when in private, I'll tell you what my ole Daddy used to say about "IF". :oops:
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby randy chesnutt » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:09 pm

as it stand now i,m waiting to see what the strom is going to do. i was leaving in the morning, but i will wait til thrusday and see.
randy chesnutt
Teardrop Master

RITA

Postby Marguerite » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:47 am

Well,

I am going to cancell. Just went to http://www.nhc.noaa.gov and the track looks like a lot of rain will hit at sometime this weekend - even here in Dallas on SAT AND SUN. :cry: When can we do the next one? :lady:

Peggy (Marguerite)
Have a great day!
Marguerite
Teardrop Inspector

Make a change

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:58 am

Hey guys, Rita is going to visit us at Inks Lake. It is a given. Dave and I have decided to camp this weekend from Thurs night to Rita gets here at Cedar Hill State Park in the Metroplex. They have almost a hundred spaces available so no worries there.
Let us know if you can join us there. Our cell phone is 972-935-8665. Call when you get there to see where we are.

Now, what about changing our reservations for Inks Lake to the weekend before Thanksgiving? Inks lake has 85 campsites open plus tent sites. I realize everyone can't come but who can? We can be there.
Cindy
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby McTeardrops » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:23 am

Cindy

We'll join you at Cedar Hill Friday evening. We've made other plans for Thanksgiving weekend.
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:32 am

Cindy,

Sorry to say we can't make Inks Lake the weekend before Thanksgiving...other plans.

I'm still going to wait until tomorrow AM before I cancel my reservations at Inks Lake. I know what the weather forcasters are saying and nowadays, they are pretty good at it, but still going to wait.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:38 am

The forcast says that it won't reach the coast till Sat AM. We will go ahead and stay Fri night and leave Sat morning. That is our plan for now.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Cedar Hill

Postby Marguerite » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 am

GREAT!!!!

I won't cancel, I will change! The park is 5 mi +/- from me!!!!!!!!!

Peg :applause:
Have a great day!
Marguerite
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to South Central