Thanksgiving Weekend and State Parks

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Thanksgiving Weekend and State Parks

Postby E. Aaron Scott » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 am

My wife informed me that Thanksgiving Weekend we will spend at my in-laws in Sallisaw, Ok. For awhile it went something like :noyes: then eventually I :surrender: and :cry: and my beautiful wife said :awesome:
So I figured the best way to spend the holiday with then in-laws is to spend as little time with them as possible simply because they are :twisted: and my wife and I :shake hands: . So we lay out our plans to make a side trip. As of now our plans are to roll into Sallisaw on Wednesday night around 10:00 pm and get a hotel. Then head over to the in-laws on Thursday (have not been able to get out of that yet but I'm hoping that my mother in law will get drunk and pass out like normal) On Friday we will leave them in our dust by hitting some state parks. We plan on leaving Sallisaw and staying in the South East part of the state. We will start off by hitting Robbers Cave SP and do a little bit of hiking and :snappy: After that we will hit the road and meet my Dad at Clayton Lake SP (My home town :) ) There we will :picnic: and my dad has 50 pounds of Deer Jerky and 150 pounds of deer meat for us. :woohoo: . After that we head back and see the Heavner Runestone at Runestone State Park and swing by and check out Spiral Mounds State Park. By the time we get back to Sallisaw it will be time to eat diner and go to the hotel for the night. On Saturday we plan on hitting the road about 6:00 am so that we can visit my wife's aunt who will be camping at Eufaula State Park and then we should be able to make it home in time for the 2:30 kickoff for the Bedlam Game. :bounce: So we will be hitting a lot of state parks and scouting out future camping possibilities. So it should be fun.
-Aaron KF5VBV
E. Aaron Scott
Teardrop Builder

Re: Thanksgiving Weekend and State Parks

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:40 am

I must say one of the more creative use of emoticons I have seen. Sounds good plan to minimize exposure to :twisted: and the concomitant :x and I :worship: you have a great time.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to South Central