Long Pool Camp ground-Arkansas

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Long Pool Camp ground-Arkansas

Postby Waliczek » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:16 pm

HI, The Rimple "Gypsy" and I are heading to Arkansas on Oct 28th through Nov. 2nd on an archeological dig, and I am supposed to stay
at the Long Pool Campground, near Dover Arkansas. I was told that they do not take Reservations. Does anyone have any information on that area other then what little I can get from Google. Damn!!!, Holloween deep in the forests of Arkansas :shock: :worship: :cry:
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:30 pm

...just what kinda info do you want. That is a beautful section of the state with many attractions, there are several cave complexes, Magazine Mt is just south of there, it is the tallest mtn in Ar. A little farther south Petit Jean State park with several attractions by it. Lake Dardenelle is beautiful...there is a lot of stuff in that area
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:35 pm

...for Arkansas, start here and here
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: Long Pool Camp ground-Arkansas

Postby s4son » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:43 pm

Waliczek wrote:HI, The Rimple "Gypsy" and I are heading to Arkansas on Oct 28th through Nov. 2nd on an archeological dig, and I am supposed to stay
at the Long Pool Campground, near Dover Arkansas. I was told that they do not take Reservations. Does anyone have any information on that area other then what little I can get from Google. Damn!!!, Holloween deep in the forests of Arkansas :shock: :worship: :cry:
Tom

Tom,

Sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to hear about it when you get back. Be sure to take some of those Strawberry Hill Polish Sausage with you. You can live on those alone.

Scott F. :yes:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Waliczek » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:44 pm

Thanks Madjack, I am still reviewing those sites you sent. I should be getting enough information out of them.

Scott, I'll email copies of my journal, and send pictures. 5lb of Polish saus age is already cryovaced and frozen and ready to go. I also am taking my newly seasoned and used once dutch oven, the small one. I will be using Trudy's breakfast recipe and also the peach cobbler recipe. Those other bone diggers are going to be sniffing around my camp for sure.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

hey Tom

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 pm

Hey Tom,, have a good time on your dig! Hope you have a little company and not too many bats in the trees!!!

Don't get spooked !! hahaha :frightened:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to South Central