Any Louisiana/Texas Teardroppers who camp regularly?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Any Louisiana/Texas Teardroppers who camp regularly?

Postby 225 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:29 am

My camper will be finished very soon. And I will be camping once a month, year round. Anyone do the same? Maybe we can get a regular group going?

I am willing to travel to the lower ConUS (Texas/La/Alabama/Miss/Fl).

Any takers?
Teardrop Master

Re: Any Louisiana/Texas Teardroppers who camp regularly?

Postby honeask » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:51 am

Actually, if you look lower on the home page you should find the South Central section. They should keep you busy enough. There are not that many events close to the coast but they do quite a bit in North Texas and beyond.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby Pam & Bob Bertrand » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm

We are from Baton Rouge and we camp at Fairview Riverside State Park during Thankgiving Week and sometimes Mardi Gras and Easter. We are the only teardrop there but have made friends there and enjoy visiting with other routine campers.
Pam and Bob Bertrand
Baton Rouge,LA
Pam & Bob Bertrand
Teardrop Master

Postby backstrap bandit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 am

Hi Pam and bob hopefully my tear will be done soon I'm in lake charles may see you there sometime
backstrap bandit
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:11 pm

welcome aboard - the south Central group is a pretty active group. Thomas (2 bits is the moderator) keeps track of the gatherings - we used to be part of the group until we moved to Massachusetts. They camp just about every month of the year. One thing I can say - If you plan an outing - they WILL come :twisted:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:44 pm

I have an old friend who lives in your area who I am trying to get into the camping scene but he's just not biting! The South Central group meets usually at a State or city park at least once a month except August and it is usually within 4 hours of Dallas and even more usually within 2 hours of Dallas. We have done gatherings at the gulf (which I've never been able to make :( ) and West Texas also. Each Oct is LCG (Louisiana Cypresswood Gathering) At Lake Bistineu, LA, and also each April at Beaver's Bend, OK. Otherwise, we wing it and are always open to ideas. We've been tossing around exploring more of the East Texas area so it might be time to do a Caddo Lake or explore the Sam Houston Nat forest. I love Arkansas and have been wanting to explore, but it seems odd, but they are a little limited on parks!

We did just post a gathering in Rusk, TX where the park is at the depot of a running antique steam train. You might get signed up for that since it is next Sept but they do book up fast. Check out the calendar and feel free once you are ready to roll to post a thread and say: "I am camping her XXX weekend please join me" That's pretty much how we do it! Welcome!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central