South Central Check in!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: South Central Check in!

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:48 am

2bits wrote:I was sleeping and dreamed that I farted, I guess it makes sense in a subliminal "wave"

Oooh Myyyy G Thomas!
:lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby honeask » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Thomas, I think you just got spanked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Glad to see you post Becca .... I hope all is well =)

Yep guys I still alive ... just moving a bunch slower :-)))
Maybe see you at a gathering this year 8-)

;) :worship: ;) :thumbsup: :applause: :beer:
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Good to hear from you Pat!
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 am

ARKPAT wrote:Glad to see you post Becca .... I hope all is well =)

Yep guys I still alive ... just moving a bunch slower :-)))
Maybe see you at a gathering this year 8-)

;) :worship: ;) :thumbsup: :applause: :beer:

:thumbsup: As long as you are still moving !
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Well, I finally completed my PhD in Information Science w/an emphasis in Higher Education in December. Been recuperating from the experience. :)

I have wanted to start on a teardrop, but it has been coldddddd. My garage has teardrop-targeted wood in it :( , so i will be partially bldg outside.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:33 am

Congrats on your PHD and good to hear from you again. Hope you can get camping soon.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Thx Woody n Tammy. I have "jonesing " for camping! :?
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:42 am

Todah Tear wrote:Well, I finally completed my PhD in Information Science w/an emphasis in Higher Education in December. Been recuperating from the experience. :)

I have wanted to start on a teardrop, but it has been coldddddd. My garage has teardrop-targeted wood in it :( , so i will be partially bldg outside.

Todah

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
:applause: :applause: I know you must be exhausted from all that studying - time to camp!! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:45 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
:applause: :applause: I know you must be exhausted from all that studying - time to camp!! :thumbsup:

Thank you. Yes, sleep was the first thing on my list to catch up on. Now, its time to get my camp on :D.

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Akuma129 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello, my wife and I are new to the forum and we've been camping around Texas for about a year now. I am NAVY Active duty stationed in Dallas, when I am not camping we are fishing, hiking or working on projects. I am usually trying to get out of work to go camping even if it is tent camping for a night lol. my wife is working and always super busy with our 3 mo old baby... ps he started camping with us when he was 1 1/2 month old :FNP ....

We hope to meet you all soon and to get on the road and have fun.
Akuma129
Teardrop Inspector

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

Akuma129 wrote:Hello, my wife and I are new to the forum and we've been camping around Texas for about a year now. I am NAVY Active duty stationed in Dallas, when I am not camping we are fishing, hiking or working on projects. I am usually trying to get out of work to go camping even if it is tent camping for a night lol. my wife is working and always super busy with our 3 mo old baby... ps he started camping with us when he was 1 1/2 month old :FNP ....

We hope to meet you all soon and to get on the road and have fun.

Welcome!
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 am

Glad to see some new people who don't use FaceBook for all things! We do have a Facebook companion group but there's nothing like old school with no ads! 8)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:00 pm

2bits wrote:Glad to see some new people who don't use FaceBook for all things! We do have a Facebook companion group but there's nothing like old school with no ads! 8)
I'm with you on that, Thomas. I re-joined Facebook after years without using it, just to see what S.Central Group is up to, but I find myself staying over here at TnTTT, because FB is such an invasive pest . Slows down my phone, and opens the invite door to people I'd rather not know about, from the past. Obviously, I'm using the wrong settings, so I mostly stay here, with FB turned off.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Speaking of not being on Facebook, I guess I'll post an update on a new chapter in my life for those who don't scroll those evil pages.

After 10 years with a company I was forced out at the beginning of July. While unemployment was denied because I got a severance, the upside is that I did get a modest severance. The stars also aligned to where I had just paid off my truck and my credit cards that same week and I had paid off my property last year so I am debt free. My father gave me an interesting perspective that I didn't think of that basically I am retired at 48 and can do whatever I want as long as it brings in a little dough to live on so I spent all of July finishing up my shop and I am now rebuilding vintage campers for a living.

I bought a new camper for me, a 1982 Shasta ten foot box that has a full bath with a shower which is what I've always been looking for. This means I can fix up and sell my Scotty, and I also bought a '63 Shasta that will be next to fix up and sell but first will be my '78 truck camper. I also have two more gutted campers that will be full rebuilds but I figure after selling these first three quick flips, I'll have a good amount of working capital for those rebuilds and will keep me busy for the next 6-9 months. It is hard work and hot or cold depending on the season but I make my own hours, still work from home and answer to no one = priceless.

Here's a pic of my new camper...
Attachments
Shasta 640.jpg
Shasta 640.jpg (182.33 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central