South Central Check in!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: South Central Check in!

Postby aggie79 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:48 pm

This thread is almost a year old, so here's an update since my last post.

Around the time of LCG last year, my dad was in the final stages of leukemia. He passed away in early January. After that, Linda and I have been looking after my mother, and have been taking care of the mountain of paperwork to transfer all of my dad's bank accounts, car titles, etc. to my mother.

We were able to make Beavers Bend and as always enjoyed ourselves. In July, we took a two-week road trip to southern, eastern, and northeastern US. The trip was to see music-related, architectural, and historical sights we haven't seen. First stop was Muscle Shoals, Alabama. If you're a fan of British and southern rock, you'll know why we went there. Some of the other stops were Nashville, Biltmore, Charlotte, Gettysburg, Thomas Jefferson's home, Falling Water,etc. Overall, we visited 17 states in 14 days. (The Silver Beatle stayed at home.)

Toward the end of our trip, when we were at the top of the Arch in Saint Louis, I received a text message from my brother that my mother had a heart attack. Linda dropped me off at the airport, I flew back home, and she drove the car back to Watauga.

Good news is that my mother, after being in a rehab facility for six weeks, has almost fully recovered and is back at her home. More good news is that she has decided to move to a senior independent living facility.

We don't know her move date, but selfishly we're hoping it is not the weekend of LCG. We're ready to go camping.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby honeask » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Good to hear. So many of our journeys have nothing to do with teardrops. See ya in October.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:56 pm

I sticky'ed this thread because it might give people to pop in to make a quick post when they don't want to start a whole thread. There is no such thing as off topic in this thread, just keep it clean! :stompspam:

I am personally excited to work with Greg to build a couple of motorized drift trikes!! He started a thread here to provide help with building one...

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=61490
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby coyote » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 am

WHEW, you guys are too much fun...checking my tires on the way home from L.C.G. YIKES, there was almost no tread left! This summer! its all your fault ! :) . I'm trying to get the galley redesigned, make a toung box, switch wheel/tire size, make a couple wire updates.....Joann said "get the new tires on first!! Loyd park is barely 30 days off" (Used her mommy tone..I havent heard that since the kids all left) Picked up ten more strands of orange lights and two Stacy's on order. It's been a few years since I had to go back to work, to rest up from vacation! Take care everyone!! Dave & Joann
P.S. Did I read somewhere, something about a 50 cal. and jet fuel???? (Gosh, I can't wait...this is the kinda crap I keep getting three days off work, no pay for) :D
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Tommy2tone_1999 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 am

I was hoping to have my build done in time to attend the LCG this year, but life happens. Next time for sure.
Make time for fitness and it'll make time for you.
http://TommyDoran.com
http://tommydoran.com/favor
Interview: http://goo.gl/Non1oR
Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58395
Come find me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tommy.doran
Tommy2tone_1999
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:39 am

Seems like builds always take longer than expected, mine sure did, getting the initial structure up went very quickly, it was the details at the end that used up alot of my time!

Dave, that seems like alot of tire wear, do you think something might be out of alignment?

I am hunkering down for the cold season by getting back into recording. I set up the studio in my living room so I have the tools in place and I bought EZ Drummer and going to be learning how to use it this weekend and will hopefully come out with some new songs within a few weeks. I also bought a new camera and having fun taking photos... This photo is going to be published in the next issue of Vintage Camper Trailers!
Attachments
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg (235.7 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby capnTelescope » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:22 pm

:P Great news! I finally came to and burned the last bridge between me and my license plate, so I'm officially registered. The title should come in 2-3 weeks.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 pm

capnTelescope wrote::P Great news! I finally came to and burned the last bridge between me and my license plate, so I'm officially registered. The title should come in 2-3 weeks.

Congrats!! It's a bit of a hassle to go those extra steps to get a title but it really helps when selling it if you ever plan to!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:45 pm

I hope everyone is doing well and have had a good 2015 so far.

Our 2014 ended with a crash, as I was "re-organized" out of a job in October. This was on top of my dad passing away in January and my mother having a heart attack and stroke in July. I still don't have a job but at least I've had a few interviews.

For financial reasons and, assuming I get a new job, difficulty in getting vacation time may make it hard for us to go camping this spring. Despite these, we're not marking off any camp trips yet!

Here's to hoping we see everyone at Beavers Bend! :beer:
Last edited by aggie79 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom (& Linda)
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby jss06 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:15 pm

aggie79 wrote:
aggie79 wrote:This thread is almost a year old, so here's an update since my last post.

Around the time of LCG last year, my dad was in the final stages of leukemia. He passed away in early January. After that, Linda and I have been looking after my mother, and have been taking care of the mountain of paperwork to transfer all of my dad's bank accounts, car titles, etc. to my mother.

We were able to make Beavers Bend and as always enjoyed ourselves. In July, we took a two-week road trip to southern, eastern, and northeastern US. The trip was to see music-related, architectural, and historical sights we haven't seen. First stop was Muscle Shoals, Alabama. If you're a fan of British and southern rock, you'll know why we went there. Some of the other stops were Nashville, Biltmore, Charlotte, Gettysburg, Thomas Jefferson's home, Falling Water,etc. Overall, we visited 17 states in 14 days. (The Silver Beatle stayed at home.)

Toward the end of our trip, when we were at the top of the Arch in Saint Louis, I received a text message from my brother that my mother had a heart attack. Linda dropped me off at the airport, I flew back home, and she drove the car back to Watauga.

Good news is that my mother, after being in a rehab facility for six weeks, has almost fully recovered and is back at her home. More good news is that she has decided to move to a senior independent living facility.

We don't know her move date, but selfishly we're hoping it is not the weekend of LCG. We're ready to go camping.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Our 2014 ended with a crash, as I was "re-organized" out of a job in October. I still don't have a job but at least I've had a few interviews. Our entire spring camping is in doubt right now for financial reasons and, assuming I get a new job, I probably won't have accrued any vacation time. Despite these, we're not marking off any camp trips yet.

We're certainly hoping to a better 2015!

Really sorry to hear about all the troubles. What line of work are you in? I don't know what we have open at work but check out: http://www.sabre.com/careers
It is a great company to work for.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Tom, Definitely check out the temp companies, lots of administrative positions are open that pay good, and can go up to 18mo. It is at least something to do while you are looking for that real gig. As we talked about earlier, I just hired two contractors here. Once you are in, you'll be in to the secure network at which time you may be able to peruse the "internal" job openings and may get lucky.

Myself, it is all work. We were forced by the feds to modify our process on a short timeline and release a new product two days before Christmas. Needless to say I have been working 12 hour days since and year end performance reviews are for my 16 people are due in two weeks so I am looking forward to taking a 5 day vacation for my birthday MLK weekend immediately afterwards. The transmission also went out in my new truck but since I work at home it has been a minor inconvenience because I have the Monte Carlo to drive except that I have to make a monthly payment on a broken truck and I can't pull a camper, but I'm not complaining until I miss a gathering! I've become a bit of a recluse which I enjoy but at the same time can't wait for springs longer daylight hours to enjoy with friends again.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 pm

John and Thomas,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty sure I'll find work in a few weeks now that the fall/winter holidays are beyond us. I have begun taking a look at temporary firms just in case I need to go that route.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi everybody! I'm still around and still camping. Bayou Belle last camped at my annual Halloween gathering here in Florida. It was a great turnout with lots of new faces and always too much food. Am hoping to do my annual Birthday/Valentine's day gathering but got off to a very late planning start. Am going on a dream vacation at the end of the month for a week so not sure if the gathering on Valentine's day will happen. Lot's of winter birds hunkering down in our wonderful campgrounds right now. Glad they can escape the bitter cold and snow but wishing they would go home soon. When I'm not camping, I'm playing in it like a big kid. :thumbsup:
Oh, I bought my son and daughter n law a camper that a fellow camper friend of mine was selling - a 1982 Scotty! It was their Christmas present and they are beyond happy. Izzy, my 3 1/2 year old grand daughter, asked for a camper for Christmas so Nana couldn't disappoint her...lol! :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Glad to see you around Becca! Sounds like you are living life to the fullest!! :thumbsup: that's the way to get em camping, get them a camper!! haha! Good to hear from you! Your chimes are still gracing my deck wonderfully!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:24 am

2bits wrote:Glad to see you around Becca! Sounds like you are living life to the fullest!! :thumbsup: that's the way to get em camping, get them a camper!! haha! Good to hear from you! Your chimes are still gracing my deck wonderfully!

Thomas, am enjoying hearing about all your projects you have going on. Can't wait to see how your "Camo" camper will turn out. Whoever did that to it should be sat in a bed of fireants! Have fun transforming her. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central