First "Official" 2bit Woodlands gathering Nov 15th 16th

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: First "Official" 2bit Woodlands gathering Nov 15th and 1

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Thomas, we will not be able to camp that weekend but I think we can come out Saturday and shoot the breeze(targets) for awhile if thats OK.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TheHighlander » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Count us in Thomas We take site 3

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Woody and Scott, both sound cool! Thanks for coming out!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TheHighlander » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Thomas what HWY are you off of. I got the map but it do not say what HWY it is. do we ow you anything from us staying there.

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:08 pm

TheHighlander wrote:Thomas what HWY are you off of. I got the map but it do not say what HWY it is. do we ow you anything from us staying there.

Scott & Gerri

Hey Scott that is a very good suggestion to tell people where I actually am! Haha! luckily I am easy to get to. I live ON State Hwy 34 10 min north of Terrell and 4 min South of Quinlan. All the mapping programs and GPS put the address too far North so I set it up in Google maps to just search for "2bit woodlands" and it will take you right to my house.

From where you are, take Hwy 80 East to Terrell and go through downtown and turn left at hwy 34, (It will be a city street for a couple miles) 10 min later right when the fields turn to trees, you will drop down and see my neighbors decorative water tower and windmill on the right, then the Hunt County sign. SLAM on the brakes and pull to the side because I am the very first property in Hunt county. So you will make a right at the first mailbox on the right in Hunt county! (There is a guard rail on the left)

For anyone coming from the north, go 5 miles south of Quinlan on 34 and watch for the Valero station. When you see that you are .5 miles away, when the road drops down in the bottoms I am on the left and there are only two mailboxes, I am the second one. If you see the Kaufman Co sign, you just passed me!

I have a black mailbox with my address in bright numbers 11677 I guess I should hang some balloon eh?? OK I will try to do that!!

For GPS users who wish to be guided to the Valero station, my address is: 11677 State Hwy 34 S Quinlan 75474

Call me if there's any problem!

NO BURN BAN!!!
Last edited by 2bits on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Loader » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Thomas,

We too will be unable to camp, but are interested in visiting on Saturday afternoon.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Loader wrote:Thomas,

We too will be unable to camp, but are interested in visiting on Saturday afternoon.

Earl, You and Kerry are welcome! Thank you for coming by if you are able, I would love to see all the gang since it has been so long! We have a loop around the firepit, a middle open area, plus the easement so you should be able to find a parking spot easily! I'll make sure to have the gun range ready and the trails cleared for strolling not to mention the firepit will never go out!! :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:57 pm

TheHighlander wrote:Thomas what HWY are you off of. I got the map but it do not say what HWY it is. do we ow you anything from us staying there.

Scott & Gerri

Oh, I forgot to mention this and all 2bit gatherings are always free of charge! Just the usual Saturday pot luck is required and I will take a group photo at some point! ! :thumbsup: Just happy to hang with my buddies!

I plan to do a nice biggoo 2bit breakfast Saturday morning! (2bit meaning lots of bacon and eggs)

I appreciate everyone who is coming! By next year there will be dedicated sites with dedicated power as well as a nice bathhouse too!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Thomas, I typed in 2bit woodlands in google maps and it takes me to a place in North Dallas.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Really? Weird, does anyone else have that problem? I hope my directions will suffice (hwy 34 between Terrell and Quinlan right on the county line) and the mailbox says 11677. When I type in my address it used to take me a mile up the street but now it takes me to the post office way far away...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

First "Official" 2bit Woodlands gathering Nov 15th and 16th

Postby aggie79 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:10 am

Het Thomas,
On my phone when I entered "2bit woodlands" in the Google Maps app it showed several places in DFW. I cleared this and typed in "2bit woodlands quinlan" and it went right to your home.
Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:22 am

Tom, thanks for doing some investigation for me! I bet Google was "helping" me based upon location services and took me to the closest place near me, which of course is where I am sitting! LOL.. Thanks again!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:51 am

Hi guys, I moved some stuff around and got the sites cleaned up and ready to go and thought it would be good to let you know that my land is on the side of a shallow valley that has a 15' incline throughout. That's not much but enough to be uncomfortable if the trailer isn't leveled so be sure to bring your leveling jacks! I believe I have four here just in case. Also make sure you have a long extension cord as well! I have a couple of spares just in case too. Lastly the shooting range is best used before 2-3pm because after that the sun will start becoming a distraction in your eyes. I had another spot that I was using that is good anytime but my two standy campers are parked there right now. This new spot has a longer range too, I'll measure it shortly to give you an idea.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 am

I measured the range today and it works out nice with spots at 50, 75 and 100 feet. Not long distance by any means but might offer some fun! I have four sets of muffs and a box of ear plugs since we wont be far from the fire pit. ;)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:11 pm

I still plan to make it. If I can get a tow vehicle, I'll bring the TD. I also plan to bring a smoker. I'll have more room than meat if I bring the WSM, so someone else can share smoker space.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central