chain saws, firewood and the LCGVIII

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

chain saws, firewood and the LCGVIII

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:49 am

I talked to David Jett, the park manager this morning...he said, they don't have any firewood cut for us BUT, they have plenty of wood we can cut for firewood......all we need is a light to medium duty gas chainsaw...anybody got one they can bring...otherwise, we will havvta buy wood from that fellah we bought from last year.............

...also a reminder that we need tables...if you have any extras you can bring, please do so.........
...Sat nights pot luck...y'all all know what to bring......
...FYI, the LCG started 8 yrs ago when I went camping for my birthday and it has grown from there...for those who may be interested, this year is my 60th birthday, yes, I join the "old farts" club...anybody who wishes may bring me a card(chocolate cake is VERY GOOD as well)...silly, stupid, funny or embarrassing...the more the better......
...we are leaving out sometime Wed and are looking forward to seeing everyone...aaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: chain saws, firewood and the LCGVIII

Postby 2bits » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 pm

MJ, that is good news on the firewood, since I'll be drinking, I'll leave my chainsaw at home and buy a NICE load of firewood for the party site! Should get us through a FULL Saturday night and then some, if others can pitch in some we should have it covered! Beyond that, bring yo chainsaws and I'll watch! More is always better!

Good call on the tables too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer:

Looking forward to early Friday morning when I hit the road early on my solo trip down the two lane back roads of East Texas all the way to LCG!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:29 am

madjack wrote:
...all we need is a light to medium duty gas chainsaw...aaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee
2bits wrote:bring yo chainsaws and I'll watch!
Gunnar runs amok.jpg
Gunnar runs amok.jpg (49.49 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
I'm sure someone will bring one...wish I could watch, too!
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Nobody » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am

If I have room in my P/U I'll 'throw in' my chainsaw. Won't bring any extra gas or oil tho. If we can't cut enough with one tank full we'll be outta luck... ;)
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Kenny and I are almost halfway to LC G right now will get there Wednesday evening. We brought one 8 foot table with us, half a bottle of tequila but no chainsaw
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby caseydog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:32 pm

2bits wrote:MJ, that is good news on the firewood, since I'll be drinking, I'll leave my chainsaw at home and buy a NICE load of firewood for the party site! Should get us through a FULL Saturday night and then some, if others can pitch in some we should have it covered! Beyond that, bring yo chainsaws and I'll watch! More is always better!

Good call on the tables too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer:

Looking forward to early Friday morning when I hit the road early on my solo trip down the two lane back roads of East Texas all the way to LCG!!!

If you have a chainsaw, but don't want to use it, bring it. I have extensive chainsaw experience (helped me pay for college), and I can refrain from drinking while cutting firewood.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 am

They say that chain saws and alcohol don't mix. I say they aren't trying! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to South Central