Trip To Wyoming for Walk the Winds Gathering Pix

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Trip To Wyoming for Walk the Winds Gathering Pix

Postby Nobody » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Lenora & I just returned Thursday nite from a couple of weeks 'on the road out west' to attend tnttt member slowcowboy's Walk the Winds gathering near Pinedale, WY. Left central AR on Saturday, Aug 9th & got to New Fork Lake near Pinedale on Thur, Aug 14th after a meandering trip thru OK, TX, NM, AZ, & UT. Had a great trip & enjoyed it all, even 'swarming' mosquitos at the NRA Whittington Center primitive camp near Raton, NM. Temps in the mountains were nice in daytime & cool (I'd say cold) at night. Too cool for old folks who hafta get up & go outside during the night ;) . Had a great gathering, met a lot of nice folks (I think ALL TDers are like that...), saw some new & interesting country, & revisited other places we'd seen before. After leaving the gathering we headed north to Grand Teton & Yellowstone NPs before revisiting the Buffalo Bill Museum & Western Center in Cody, WY. Gasoline prices were considerably higher than around home but don't think we paid more'n $3.72 per gallon even 'off the beaten path' in the mountains. Other than the mosquitos at NRA Center we were subjected to swarms of flies at campgrounds in WY & NE on the way home but all in all an enjoyable trip. Figured we'd share a few pix of our trip with y'all...

Our campsite at NRA Whittington Center, NM

View from Firehole C/G, Flaming Gorge, WY & visitor at C/G

Little Firehole, Flaming Gorge Nat'l Rec Area, WY/UT

Visitor at Walk the Winds camp

Grand Teton NP, WY

Fumarole at Steamboat Point, Yellowstone Lake

Our campsite at Buffalo Bill SP near Cody, WY & view of canyon near dam on Buffalo Bill Lake

Following pix are in or around the Buffalo Bill Center of the West Museum, Cody, WY
Statue of Sacagewea with her son Jean Luis on her back
Lenora at Lower level Entrance
Buffalo Bill statue outside rear of museum
Diorama of hunting camp at museum
Lenora w/Polar Bear

Lower Wind River Canyon near Shoshoni, WY & our campsite at Lower Wind River C/G

Campsite at Ft Robinson SP, NE

Guess this should have been posted in Trips, Pics, & Highway Tales - Admin please move if required...
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Trip To Wyoming for Walk the Winds Gathering Pix

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing! :applause:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 am

You take good pictures! Thanks for sharing! :applause:
Glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 am

Thanks for sharing the pics Harvey. Looks like you and Lenora had a great trip out west.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pchast » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for sharing!
:D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Loader wrote:Thanks for sharing the pics Harvey. Looks like you and Lenora had a great trip out west.

Yeah Earl, it was a great trip, until the last day. We camped Wednesday nite 8-20 at Windmill SRA, NE near Grand Island. Flies were in abundance (to put it mildly :shock: ) & about midnite we experienced a helluva thunderstorm with rain, hail, lightning, & high winds. Glad the wind was sort of quartering from right rear (over the hatch) & not hitting us broadside :worship: .The TD vibrated considerably & actually rocked a time or three. I wasn't seriously worried but it kept us awake for a while. Next morning dawned partly cloudy but nice. Still windy so we started on toward Iowa/Missouri on I-80.Ran into several rain showers & several places there was still water on the roadway. Discovered that my wheelwell seams are still (maybe again??) allowing a little water to migrate into the cabin. We'd planned to camp in SW MO that nite but at the first rest area on I-29 in MO I found that the bedding, especially the sheets on Lenora's side were damp (not really wet but pretty damp :R ). She said she DID NOT want to spend the night on wet sheets so we upped the speed to around Interstate limits & drove straight on home. Took us 15 hours (with a couple of stops for meals) but we arrived home a little after 11:00pm,, 721 miles from Windmill C/G. I'm too old for many days like that ;) . Feeling better but probably still haven't fully recovered. Even with the last day it was a thoroughly enjoyable trip. :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jss06 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Great Pictures. I drove through Cody and the Wind River Canyon on the way home. The scenery was amazing though there.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby rockinrobin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:53 am

Always enjoy new trip pictures ! Thanks! :thumbsup:
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Return to South Central