NYE in Ennis~ December 31, 2014 ~ Jan 1, 2015

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

NYE in Ennis~ December 31, 2014 ~ Jan 1, 2015

Postby 2bits » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 pm

MOVED TO DAVE n CINDY'S!

Hey guys, Gonna have some people over for a NYE party. It will be on the actual New Years eve Wed Dec 31st. I have too many trees for fireworks but by friend 15 min away down country roads has a nice open area and is having friends over to shoot fireworks. I also have some tannerite here for shooting during the daytime :R

All campsites are full unless you are a good backer and have a generator then we can do a few more otherwise, please feel free to come by for the festivities.

Confirmed campers are:

Dave and Cindy
Greg and Terri
Scott and Gerri
Bill and Louisa
Dave and Joann
Mary and Tim (My little sis)
CD
Mike Is the '70d love van
Toni (My older sis on the couch)

Some other tentatives:
Woody, Mark and Danny may come by too, as well as some of my local friends

Directions:
Google 2bit Woodlands, Quinlan, TX and it should show up. If not, it is 11677 State Hwy 34 S. Quinlan, TX 75474
Sometimes GPS will get it a little wrong so... generally speaking, I am on Hwy 34, 25 min South of Grenville (I-30) and 15 min North of Terrell (I-20) 45, min East of Dallas.

If you are North coming from I-20, go 15 min N on Hwy 34 and as soon as the fields end and the woods start and you see the Hunt County line, slam on the brakes and turn right into the very first mailbox in Hunt county.

If you are coming South from I-30 , I would let GPS or Google cut you down 276 in Rockwall so you don't have to go out of your way. 276 will T bone at Hwy 34, Make a right and drive 5 min outside of town and when you see a valero station in the middle of nowhere, you are 1/2 mile away, when you see the Kaufman county sign, you just passed me. Turn around and turn into the first driveway.

PM me if you do not have my #
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: A 2bit NYE Gathering

Postby davel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Can't wait, need to get more ammo loaded. Cindy and I would like one of your spots near the road. We'll bring the generator!
:twisted: :beer: :P
davel
Donating Member

Postby Cindy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:26 pm

I've got some of the New Years decorations and champagne glasses. Let's all show 2015 in with a BANG! :P :beer:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby caseydog » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:54 pm

I'm in. I don't care about fireworks. If we have a campfire, and it doesn't rain on us, I'm a happy camper.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby davel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:39 am

caseydog wrote:I'm in. I don't care about fireworks. If we have a campfire, and it doesn't rain on us, I'm a happy camper.

CD

Cool! New Years wouldn't be the same without Caseydog!
davel
Donating Member

Postby TexasBill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Bill and Louisa will be there. We will sta y overnight in the Casita. We do not have a generator. We need more specific directions. need specific address for GPS. We are coming from Richardson.
[email protected]
Are we having FUN yet?
TexasBill and Louisa
TexasBill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Hey Bill,

I just added my address and detailed directions on the first post of this thread for you!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby coyote » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm

We will be coming back from Beaves Bend Christmas with the kids, on that day, so all we have to do is tow the tear. Thats only 150 miles, I am sure all I have to do is make the official vacation request. Would there be a way to run power to my electric blanket? I probably own 1/4 mile of orange cord! (I'll walk for coffee, but I sure don't want to sleep cold) coyote/coyotette
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Hey Dave,

C'mon down! I have outlets, my only concern is do I have the AMPs! I think I can make it happen, so plan on it! :thumbsup:

We'll do am AMP check with all heaters on at dusk to be sure we are within safe limits. I might just be overly careful but I still have 100 amp service and haven't moved up to 200 amp service yet... I have gas heat in my trailer so that should leave plenty of electric for everyone.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TheHighlander » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:46 pm

We are there Thomas what time do want us there . and help

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks for posting that question Scotty, I was hoping for noon, but I have to work that day so I can't leave the office (In my house) until 2pm. I am going to see if I can request off by noon which will be great but we will see how that goes, I'll try to get on his good side tomorrow and get it confirmed by tomorrow!

Also, the transmission on my truck is gone and won't be fixed by then so I am gonna see if I can get my friend to help drag the broken truck out of the way and move my campers around for everyone to park, but we'll play it by ear and I will make sure we get everyone in!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby vairman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:59 pm

What kind of NYE party would it be without food? Terri is going to cook up a pot of black Eyed Peas and some other snack like foods , so everyone let us know what you are bringing.

Greg and Terri. :) :wine party: :wine party:
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby caseydog » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:22 pm

vairman wrote:What kind of NYE party would it be without food? Terri is going to cook up a pot of black Eyed Peas and some other snack like foods , so everyone let us know what you are bringing.

Greg and Terri. :) :wine party: :wine party:

I suppose I could whip up a batch of MOINKS, since people seem to scarf them down at gatherings. :Flippin Burger:

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Breakfast: I've been wanting to get one of those deep fryers so this sounds like a good time! I'll have the equipment and fixins in place for the boil in bag breakfast for everyone New Years Day. I also bought a cool vintage (Never used) coffee percolator too. It's one of those big ones like Dave and Cindy have, so they can do some flavored coffee and I'll brew up some Yuban which is really good.

Power: I installed a new power circuit yesterday and will be doing the final two this weekend. That should have us covered.

Shooting: I also just have my hanging targets so save up yer 2 liters and we can fill them with water and watch them explode as targets! Looking forward to trying out my 110 round drum!

My buddy who is coming over to shoot in the afternoon invited everyone over to shoot off fireworks after pot luck. What's the consensus between driving over there (15 min drive no freeways) or hang back by the firepit and do our usual? CD is fine with the firepit as am I, but I can go either way. Any more preferences?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TheHighlander » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:17 am

good to go Thomas :thumbsup:

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Next