Dallas Area Welder

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Dallas Area Welder

Postby RexInTheCity » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi there fellow builders! I'm going to need some modifications made to my trailer frame sometime in January. Making it wider, adding fender, and side runners (Ex, http://s773.photobucket.com/user/switaw ... 1.jpg.html).

Can anyone recommend a local welder or business that won't charge me an arm and a few legs?
RexInTheCity
Teardrop Builder

Re: Dallas Area Welder

Postby Woodyperk6 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:10 am

You might try a local muffler shop. I know of one forum member that has gone that route and had good results.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:46 am

I was going to say the same thing Woody, my local muffler shop did a few jobs for me. You'll get better results if you find a small independent shop rather than a chain store who will be more concerned with insurance liability and will charge you more.

Not sure where in Dallas you are but there are two rat rod builders out here that also do misc welding jobs. Ziggy's on 276 East of Rockwall and Tommy G's on Hwy 34, just South of Quinlan, right up the street from me. They are both cool people to work with.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 am

Where are you, exactly. There are some South Central Texas members who will work for food and/or beverages. Some of them are actually pretty good at welding.

If you post where you are, you might get a PM from a member willing to lend a hand if it is not too big of a job.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:06 am

I worked in a muffler job t in NZ for a few years back in the day and we'd weld pretty much anything for anyone.
Welding overhead pipes isn't easy so you learn fast and welding anything else is a piece of cake
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby RexInTheCity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

caseydog wrote:Where are you, exactly. There are some South Central Texas members who will work for food and/or beverages. Some of them are actually pretty good at welding.

If you post where you are, you might get a PM from a member willing to lend a hand if it is not too big of a job.

CD

I'm in Richardson, Tx (just north of Dallas). My project has been stalled out while I've been moving. I'll hopefully have a better grasp on all the changes I want made by mid to late February.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
RexInTheCity
Teardrop Builder

Postby RexInTheCity » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 pm

I finally got around to working on my trailer again. I was a little overzealous while tearing the old popup camper floor out and may have cut through some of the frame... :oops:

Managed to find a really good welder near by in Richardson. He fixed my cuts and had me out in half an hour for a very reasonable rate.

If anyone else in the area needs some welding you can find his contact info here, http://ironmann.net.
RexInTheCity
Teardrop Builder

Return to South Central