Gone to he Dark Side??

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Gone to he Dark Side??

Postby Nobody » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:18 am

tony.latham wrote:I think that thing is bigger inside than it is outside. :thinking:

Glad you're back in the game. Any wise words from the insurance world you just went through?

T

Yeah Tony, it has more room than it looks like. The aisle ain't very wide but passing/meeting is possible if you're careful.

I don't know of any 'wise' words but, for sure KNOW the value of what you've lost, & don't try to 'snow' the adjustor. I was fortunate that I wasn't hurt (not even shook up more than slightly) & so required no medical attention. I did ask for reimbursement for a medical exam 'just in case' & asked for compensation for 'loss of use' of my camper. I'd planned to take the camper back to hunting camp in December for a few days & quoted them the daily rate for an RV rental. We compromised on the amount but if I hadn't asked, they would not have volunteered anything. Because of the age of my old truck, my expectations were pretty low but, I'd owned it since new, kept it in excellent shape, & still had most of my maintenance/repair records, so the appraiser took that into consideration. Also, they did a nationwide search (via internet I suppose) for a similar truck & only found 1 comparable to mine (it was in Ohio) so they used those figures as a baseline for valuation. I would NOT have sold my rig (before the collision) for the amount of the settlement but they treated me fairly, & I've few complaints actually. My youngest brother is an attorney & an adjustor for State Farm & gave me some valuable advice during the 'negotiations'.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Vedette » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:52 pm

No Way! Get Lost! We don't want you here!
Okay....just kidding.......you can stay! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have friends that we have camped with for years that had one that they absolutely loved.
Hope you enjoy your new toy.
We look forward to seeing you down the road somewhere.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:26 pm

If we had to "eject" the South Central regulars who went from a teardrop to a large standy we'd lose more than half of our friends! I now have a '65 Scotty after my foray into larger vintage campers so I guess I'll be "official" again once it is campable but I think Cindy said it best that now we are more of a clicke' anyway, but yes, I would say you are actually still more tiny than most trailers in the group these days!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby RZRBUG » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Whew! I was a little apprehensive when I joined with the T@B 'cause I thought it might be a little larger than what you guys were used to, but I feel much better now. 8)
Route66Sta.jpg
Route66Sta.jpg (207.82 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
Larry & Booger (my dog)
Happy Trails Y'all
RZRBUG
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nobody » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 am

Yeah, we considered the T@b also RZRBUG but never found one we were willing to 'pull the trigger' on. We were actually looking for a small (under 24') Class 'C' motorhome but again, couldn't find one we were willing to put out the $$ for. The Casita kinda 'fell into our lap' as it were, & considering what those things sell for on the market (Blue Book prices ain't even realistic) we got a good deal. We'll still use our TD, probably just not as much... Your T@b is a pretty rig BTW.
Harvey -

Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RZRBUG » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks. Fact is, I was shopping for a Casita because friends of mine have one. He told me about the T@B, and when I went to look at it, I just couldn't resist. It was equipped exactly the way I wanted, and although it was more money than I wanted to spend, I convinced myself it was an investment. I have really enjoyed it and hope to for a long time. I especially enjoy meeting the people it has "introduced" me to. I also like the smaller TD's, but I spent a couple of years camping out of the pickup truck with a cap on it and decided that at my age I needed something a little easier to get into and out of.
Larry & Booger (my dog)
Happy Trails Y'all
RZRBUG
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 pm

I am looking forward to seeing your T@B There was one at the LCG gathering last Oct but I never made it up the hill to see it! Take care and welcome!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby RZRBUG » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Welcome mat is always out, and the tour guide likes his job.
Larry & Booger (my dog)
Happy Trails Y'all
RZRBUG
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sdtripper2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 pm

It has been some time sense I have seen you two.

On da Casita ....
Can have a bed made uP in da back or a pile O' people in; with a dance floor for a SpinnerNut type .. get down party! ... "Pass da Tequilla" ! ! ! :D

On da pants navigation ...
Puttin yur pants on easy is an appropriate aspiration ...
Afta 9 years of da wiggle worm approach to dragging denim under yur bum; you can now move uP to a step-in type action ..... Good-on-ya

Thoughts ...
Other than da ease of use of the smaller footprint of a TD the Casita is a respectable alternative
for valued, vintage bones to rattle around in a confined yet stand-uP space with the added water works
for those cold mornings when nature calls and da wiggle worm dressing maneuver is a thing of da past ~~~ with your minds eye swimming in memories !

Ya dun good .... :thumbsup:

Best travels for your future
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Nobody » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 am

Hey Steve! sure glad to see your post. Wondered for a long time now how you were doing. Don't check your 'tips' much anymore since I haven't been doing any build. We still love the TD & when the weather's fit, I don't mind the physical gyrations too much (those nighttime nature calls are less than fun with any kind of rig ;) ). I spent one night in southern IL when the TD was still pretty new; nighttime temps dropped to 18degrees-F. Goin' outside was NO fun then & neither was gettin' dressed next morning. The insulated 'longies' just added to the fun... Think we're gonna be pleased with the Casita. Gonna try to spend some of the colder months in a warmer clime, southern CA sounds about right. Lenora has a brother in Riverside & neices & a nephew in the Lancaster area. If we visit 'em this year & make it down around SD we might give ya a call.
Harvey -

Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 am

how exciting... I can't wait to see Y'all and the Casita in April.

you know anyone and their camper of choice is always welcome at Beavers Bend. See ya in April
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Previous

Return to South Central