Update!!! Beaver's Bend State Park... Date change

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:22 pm

Chris,
I'm looking forward to it too. We have a new tow vehicle and won't have any problems pulling the teardrop and the motorcycle trailer. I'll probably plan on preparing my banana pudding.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:27 pm

We are also looking forward to the trip...working hard trying to finish up the trailer...hope we have a good turn out and good weather...I'd be happy to bring a pot of Jambalaya to the pot luck...if anybody would want some
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Linda, do we still have just the 7 site reserved...it looks like will be at least a few who are coming in on the fly hoping to get one of the many non-reservable sites they have...we will be self contained so any where we can fit will be OK by us
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

beavers bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:30 pm

I'm still planning on coming....!!! Like I said, tear or no tear.

BUT GOOD NEWS!! This house re=fi is in the works, and should be closing by Feb 20 and I'll have a little extra cash out of it ... and I'll be excited to get the hitch, the trailer, the wood, the windows, and get STARTED !!!! I'm not able to order anything for sure yet, and hopefully will have some people I can call on for a little help (Chris..?)

So for this gathering on March 31 , if I do have it started and if the roof is on then maybe I'll bring it along at least for y'alls approval !!! hahaha 8)

Or I'll bring the tools and we can have a "Bredbox raising " hahaha

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:20 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Chris,
I'll probably plan on preparing my banana pudding.
Linda

Aww man, and I'm not coming to this one. :cry:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 pm

I just assumed there would be a potluck dinner, but hadn't heard anything specific until you mentioned it, Madjack. Fran and I will cook her enchilada cassarole. Man does it ever taste good in a dutch oven. Then, of course, we'll top it off with her award winning (no kidding) dump cake. :clapping hands:

Julie, e-mail me if you need to ask questions.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:18 pm

Haven't really thought about...do we need to do a theme for pot luck or everybody just do up whatever they wanna show off...
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:50 am

I can boil water. :D Also Make a peanut butter sandwich. :D Or anything you can do with boiled water. :D Even my dog will somtimes eat what I make ( after she sees me eat it :oops: ). : :rofl2: :rofl2:
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:09 am

Madjack, yes we still have 7 reserved sites. I'll try to call once a week or so to see if any more sites have opened. I don't think we need a theme for our potluck supper. I think a wide variety is great. Charles is a meat and potatoes man, and doesn't eat mexican food or anything he can't identify after it's cooked. So, if he doesn't eat anything you guys don't take it personally...
Rocky, Maybe the banana pudding will get you guys there?????Or someone can eat your share for you... Chris?????
Pat, you'll be the first we call to boil water. Even if we don't need any water boiled we will be sure have you boil some.....
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby davel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:39 am

As I understand it, you can't have a gathering without a potluck. :P
davel
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:04 am

Pot luck and Pickle Juice,, Life dont get no better than that,,

sounds like yall gonna have a good time,, wish I could come but I gonna be working on details,,, details ,,,, details,,,

Have a drank on me,,, :tipsy:

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chris C » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:41 am

Heck, Chip, I was counting on trying that C&PJ! :crying2: Y'all need to pack up, grease the bearings and come and join us. There are a lot of roots around the campsites. :laughter:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

beavers bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:54 pm

Pat Hopkins wrote:I can boil water. :D

Hey Pat, if you have a way to boil me a big pot of water and keep it boiling for about 15 minutes, then I can bring and treat the gang to RV Omelets for breakfast Saturday morning.

The recipe has had good reviews , but you have to put the bags in boiling water for 13 minutes... I guess a pot nestled in hot coals would work but don't know if it would keep a pot boiling good , or we could use two

Chris... would a dutch oven keep the water boiling like that?

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody!!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

cooking

Postby hap » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:10 pm

I`m with Pat, don`t cook much. Must be an Arkansas thing. :lol:

I can cook a mean can of soup if the directions are on the can. :lol:

If it is alrigtht I will bring some of Shirley`s famous chocolet chip cookies for the pot luck.

Looking forward to this gathering. By the way is any one bringing a kayak or canoe? Looks like water near by.

Jim
hap
Teardrop Advisor

Re: cooking

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:53 pm

hap wrote:I`m with Pat, don`t cook much. Must be an Arkansas thing. :lol:

I can cook a mean can of soup if the directions are on the can. :lol:

If it is alrigtht I will bring some of Shirley`s famous chocolet chip cookies for the pot luck.

Looking forward to this gathering. By the way is any one bringing a kayak or canoe? Looks like water near by.

Jim

Jim, you bring A BUNCH of Shirley's famous CC cookies and we will make sure you don't go hungry or have any left overs to bring home...even better, bring Shirley :D ;)
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to South Central