Hot Hot trip to Inks Lake State Park

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Hot Hot trip to Inks Lake State Park

Postby honeask » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm

After postponing a camping trip two times because of large amounts of predicted rain we finally made it. There was no rain in sight, but now it was severely hot. All three days it was predicted to be 100 degrees and they were accurate, it hit 102 and 103 degrees. Inks Lake State Park is really a pretty park and according to the park people it is a constant level lake. We got to swim a couple of times which helped a little but the true benefit to camping in the heat is you really don't feel like eating very much. We got the camping bug out of our system and got to give three different tours of our teardrop. I guess now it will be easier now to wait until the cooler weather to go out again or at least until middle to late September. There were two other teardrops in the park while we were there so we must not be the only crazy ones. We had to laugh at the huge trailers that were there and the owners never stepped outside. I just don't know why you would bother with that. Happy camping, if you dare. :)
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Re: Hot Hot trip to Inks Lake State Park

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 pm

We had to laugh at the huge trailers that were there and the owners never stepped outside. I just don't know why you would bother with that. Happy camping, if you dare. :)

I've decided those are fifth-wheel buildings. Not campers. :beer:

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to South Central