2bit Talimena Tour

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: 2bit Talimena Tour

Postby 2bits » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01 am

The rain is sticking just a hair to the southwest of me all day so it's an eerie feeling having it right there in sight but still being totally dry. Just having coffee at the first park about to make breakfast then take the tour. The cloud cover will make for some good lighting and you are right this is not the peak but the leaves are still changing and it looks beautiful. I am sure I will make some drivers mad today but I am not about to be in a hurry!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Here's a link to my photos from this past weekend. Enjoying the sun today

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10208307653988224.1073741863.1210224460&type=1&l=efadf8cfdd
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Looks like it was a great trip Thomas! Thank you for posting the pictures.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nobody » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Those are great pix of the Talimena Drive Thomas. Thanks for posting them. Great color; lotsa folks don't realize how good color pix can be on cloudy days. You can get some fantastic color pix if you don't insist on garishness. We 'enjoyed' that weekend at Lake Bistineau in the rain. :thumbsup:

Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Vedette » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:06 am

Hi Thomas
I too have come to the party to late on this one.
But, I read the posts with interest! :thinking:
First I would like to know if you were alone (as one RV) on this trip, or did others join you?
Was your promotion period just July to October?
And was this thread your main means of promotion? :thinking:
I too did a similar "event" on a similar "route" this past Fall (similar time frame), but we called it a Fall Crawl. ;)
It took me two years of rolling it over in my mind, picking out a route, targeting market group, creating a picture and finally promoting it.
We had 14 Teardrops with 20 people participate in this "1st Annual Fall Crawl" and deemed it a huge success.
The concept of what we both did was the same....but the description of the event was different.
I took the basic format and the Description name "Crawl" from a Tear Jerkers event we happened upon in Michigan in 2012.
I honestly think "Crawls" are amazing events for Teardrop Campers that like to travel as much or more than they like to just sit in one campsite for their event.
We linked two Gatherings to our crawl (actually 3 for us) one at each end of the 10 day event. And hope to do the same for our 2nd Annual, which is currently in the planning stage for 2016.
I would love to discuss this in more detail with you, and share ideas! :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Vedette wrote:Hi Thomas
I too have come to the party to late on this one.
But, I read the posts with interest! :thinking:
First I would like to know if you were alone (as one RV) on this trip, or did others join you?
Was your promotion period just July to October?
And was this thread your main means of promotion? :thinking:
I too did a similar "event" on a similar "route" this past Fall (similar time frame), but we called it a Fall Crawl. ;)
It took me two years of rolling it over in my mind, picking out a route, targeting market group, creating a picture and finally promoting it.
We had 14 Teardrops with 20 people participate in this "1st Annual Fall Crawl" and deemed it a huge success.
The concept of what we both did was the same....but the description of the event was different.
I took the basic format and the Description name "Crawl" from a Tear Jerkers event we happened upon in Michigan in 2012.
I honestly think "Crawls" are amazing events for Teardrop Campers that like to travel as much or more than they like to just sit in one campsite for their event.
We linked two Gatherings to our crawl (actually 3 for us) one at each end of the 10 day event. And hope to do the same for our 2nd Annual, which is currently in the planning stage for 2016.
I would love to discuss this in more detail with you, and share ideas! :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Hi, This was a solo trip and wasn't really promoted as a gathering, just something that I wanted to do myself so there wasn't really any promotion at all but this was the only place that I mentioned it. Also, LCG was the same weekend and I didn't want to create any pull from that event. I love doing solo camping along with big gatherings and small gatherings and this one was really designed to be a solo camping trip where I do everything I want to do at my own whim. I have only so many vacation days to take and I wanted to mix it up a bit this year.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to South Central