LCG XI - Caney Lakes - Beaver Dam

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: LCG XI - Caney Lakes - Beaver Dam

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:34 pm

...looks like GLORIOUS weather for the week(end)...we are going up on Wed...not sure, but think my buddies, Jim/Gary will be up at the same time...supposed to have a half cord of firewood delivered to my site for the nightly BS session and I believe, thepogirl, my two mutants, I and my etoufe'(for a dozenish) will take full advantage of the whole enchilada...don't know what others are doing but, y'all know where I will be...a mighty fine park for a small gathering!!!!!!!
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:56 am

I really hate to make this post. Guess we'll miss the inaugural gathering at Beaver Dam. Saw the cardiologist yesterday & he started me on new BP med. He doesn't see me again 'til next week but said I should stay close 'til we see how the new med works. Also, we have a great grandaughter who just turned 5yrs old (she & I share a birthday) & they're having a big party for her this weekend. We're expected to be there.

Jack, we're reserved in site # 13, Reservation #2-35202730 , for 3 nights starting Thursday nite, under name Harvey Langley, 2 people, 1 trailer. It's all paid for (senior discount - golden age card, $37.50) so anyone who needs a site is welcome to it. I have a copy of the confirmation letter I can email to you if you think you'll need it.

We'll miss being there, hope y'all have a great time!
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:22 am

Harvey, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ...I understand and tell ya to go have a happy birthday with that great-granddaughter of yours and make some memories...Marlene and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Lenora...take care, we wanna camp with y'all again sometime soon!!!!!!!
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 am

I am going up on Wed, my bud Gary will be up Wed as well, in the big blue whale...Jim will be there on Thur...I hope anyone coming has spoken up as I am going to cook and need a headcount...I can cook on either Fri(as usual) or do it as part of a Sat potluck(or both). I guess we can play that by ear....

Gary and Trudy are going to do their FAMOUS mountain man breakfast on Sat and other than sitting around the fire, that about covers all the planned activities.....

Harvey, I don't know if you remember my friend Joe from the first couple of LCG's(black truck, red utility trailer full of smokers) but he was supposed to comeon up and got hit with a cardiology event about 6 weeks ago...he's been out of work since then and was gonna havvta take a pass...you may have made it possible for him to make it up(if his Doc sez it is OK).......
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby razorback » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey Jack, Do you have a guesstimate head count for breakfast? Need to figure how much bacon to bring!!!! We probably won't be there until 7:30/8:00 pm Friday.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Larry, unless we get a bunch "stealthing" it in, I have a count of around 15...you and Macy, Gary/Trudy, Jeff/Mikki(?), Jim and Gary and Marlene and I make 10...we also have Bald Cypress and an assumed +1 and possibly BG which would bring it upto 15...no one else has spoken up with a definite answer.....
madjack 8)

p.s. I just went back thru this thread and while there are verbal commitments for 15 folks, there are another half dozen not included in that number of "verified" type folks............mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 pm

madjack wrote:I am going up on Wed, my bud Gary will be up Wed as well, in the big blue whale...Jim will be there on Thur...I hope anyone coming has spoken up as I am going to cook and need a headcount...I can cook on either Fri(as usual) or do it as part of a Sat potluck(or both). I guess we can play that by ear....

Gary and Trudy are going to do their FAMOUS mountain man breakfast on Sat and other than sitting around the fire, that about covers all the planned activities.....

Harvey, I don't know if you remember my friend Joe from the first couple of LCG's(black truck, red utility trailer full of smokers) but he was supposed to comeon up and got hit with a cardiology event about 6 weeks ago...he's been out of work since then and was gonna havvta take a pass...you may have made it possible for him to make it up(if his Doc sez it is OK).......
madjack 8)

Pretty sure I remember Joe. Sure hope he can get his Doc's OK & utilize that site. Sounds like a great group of folks. Sure wish we could join ya. We'll be thinkin' 'bout y'all & hopin' the weather stays good for the weekend! I'll tell Jamie to make a wish for all the folks at Madjack's soiree.
Harvey -

Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mechmagcn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:03 pm

I'll be there Fri afternoon flying solo. Micki has decided to stay home and dog sit again, oh well, less worries for me. :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Any pictures? :pictures:

Sorry we couldn't make it this year. We were too busy spending $> to attend my stepson's wedding in Hawaii and the day after we got back three cars ran into my SUV while I was stopped at an intersection.

Wished we would have attended instead!
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nobody » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Hate to hear of the misfortune with your SUV Tom. Hope all's well now. I too am awaiting pix from the gathering. Sure would like to have been there. At least I wasn't spending the kind of money you're talking about for a wedding in Hawaii. Our Grandson & his bride-to-be are getting married this Friday, then taking a cruise to Hawaii. My wife has surgery tomorrow on her right eye. She's suffered from glaucoma for years & last year experienced multiple tiny hemorrhages in the retina of her right eye. They've been unable to maintain low enough pressure in that eye ever since clearing up the retina. Tomorrow they're putting a drain in the right eye to help equalize the pressure. Hopefully it'll work well enough that she'll only need one or no glaucoma drops (now using three). Doc says it normally works well & she shouldn't even know it's there (it'll be hidden under the eyelid or behind the eye itself). She's been doing pretty well but has enough macular degeneration in the right eye that she doesn't have great vision there anyway... :worship:
Harvey -

Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 am

Nobody wrote:Hate to hear of the misfortune with your SUV Tom. Hope all's well now. I too am awaiting pix from the gathering. Sure would like to have been there. At least I wasn't spending the kind of money you're talking about for a wedding in Hawaii. Our Grandson & his bride-to-be are getting married this Friday, then taking a cruise to Hawaii. My wife has surgery tomorrow on her right eye. She's suffered from glaucoma for years & last year experienced multiple tiny hemorrhages in the retina of her right eye. They've been unable to maintain low enough pressure in that eye ever since clearing up the retina. Tomorrow they're putting a drain in the right eye to help equalize the pressure. Hopefully it'll work well enough that she'll only need one or no glaucoma drops (now using three). Doc says it normally works well & she shouldn't even know it's there (it'll be hidden under the eyelid or behind the eye itself). She's been doing pretty well but has enough macular degeneration in the right eye that she doesn't have great vision there anyway... :worship:

Harvey,
I'm sore but doing well. A friend had similar glaucoma issues as your wife and had a drain put in his eye. His eye pressure dropped slightly at first and then dramatically reduced about 3-4 weeks after surgery. I'm praying for your wife to have the same success.
Take care, Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to South Central