LCG XI - Caney Lakes - Beaver Dam

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: LCG XI - Caney Lakes - Beaver Dam

Postby 2bits » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Well Cindy just sent out the invites to the Halloween deal which are very limited and I made the cut so I am locked into that but there’s only less than 10 of us at that one so I wonder where the other 30 are that used to come on out in October. Maybe we’re just too rowdy! You are definitely not forgotten and I love seeing new parks too and you picked the perfect little cul de sac too! I am looking forward to a Moro Bay trip sometime too!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby bg » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:49 am

I am reserved in Site #28, probably won't make it there until Saturday, IF our shutdown at work actually happens.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Bald Cypress » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Not completely finished and very crude by the looks of the other drops I have seen pics of. But, is good enough to camp in so will be ready and willing to meet Jack and wish him a happy birthday.

If I get to many people laughing at me, i can always drive home since it is only about 30 miles.

see all y"all on the 27th.

Dick M.
Bald Cypress
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Bobby, sure hope your shutdown goes as planned and y'all make it over...very peaceful campsite y'all got there.......

Dick, we just got back(Mon) from a 5 night stay at Beaver Dam...in a word, GLORIOUS...however, the 24 hr flight ops run at Barksdale on Thur/Fri were a bit, errr, distracting...I guess a non stop string of B52's can get like that...anyway, at the first gathering known as the LCG, we didn't have doors or hatch and the tail lights were tacked to a board and screwed to the back of the tear...we were a long way from being either bug proof or weather proof.

In that regard, Marlene(aka thepogirl) and I got a new camper to enjoy...a 2015(new in 2/2015) Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe...now,my Baby has a nice dry, warm, coon free bathroom to use...can't hardly wait and hope the weather cooperates just a little.......

...pic taken at Lake Bruin SP at St Joseph La....

...and another taken at Beaver Dam...

...and a third taken at Lake Chicot SP near Vile Platt La...

HAPPY CAMPING TO ALL........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:41 am

Wow! MJ and the Poor Girl are living large -- as they should. I've been to the Casita factory, and they make a nice camper. Make sure to keep the rice for the gumbo in the Casita. ;)

I'm still wanting to come out there, at least for a day, to wish you a happy birthday and reconnect with some friends. I'm flying to Vegas for a week on October 31 for a week of business. Yes, it really is for business. I don't know what the previous week will be like -- if I get any jobs that week, I have to take them -- classic car auctions are in a "correction" phase. Self employment giveth, and self employment taketh away.

As for weather, I actually hope it cools off by then. 90-plus degrees in mid-October is not good camping weather. 70s during the day, and cold enough to wrap up in a blanket at night is what you need.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:44 am

Just got some new tires for the truck ... so ready for the trip. Hope to make it a 2 week excursion. From Rayville (outside of KC by 50 miles) .. through Branson and on to Beaver Dam. Then we hope to be able to drive over to Mobile AL and visit my brother and his family (please no hurricanes). Cant wait to see everyone ... dont forget we provide breakfast on Saturday ... mountain man egg casserole and homemade monkey bread!
Everyone is welcome. We camped at the park last spring on the way home from Beavers Bend and were really impressed with the park. There was water in the lake. We liked Lake Bistaneu but was also disappointed no water in the lake.

SEE YOU SOON!
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby madjack » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:30 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Just got some new tires for the truck ... so ready for the trip. Hope to make it a 2 week excursion. From Rayville (outside of KC by 50 miles) .. through Branson and on to Beaver Dam. Then we hope to be able to drive over to Mobile AL and visit my brother and his family (please no hurricanes). Cant wait to see everyone ... dont forget we provide breakfast on Saturday ... mountain man egg casserole and homemade monkey bread!
Everyone is welcome. We camped at the park last spring on the way home from Beavers Bend and were really impressed with the park. There was water in the lake. We liked Lake Bistaneu but was also disappointed no water in the lake.

SEE YOU SOON!

...definitely a nice park...onna small lake, with water init :thumbsup: ...we just got back from a 5 night stay there and Ispent time talking to the camp host, some assorted locals also camping about firewood...even drove the backroads looking for a source and had no luck whatsoever about aquiring firewood...the camp host told me the USFS would not help me out at all and I could find no other source so, other than sitting around propane flame(no soul) I am not sure about what to do about a fire........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:54 pm

...was checking on craigslist and found a couple of folks willing to deliver a half cord in the 100-150 range...might havvta do it...... 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 am

Congrats on the Cassita MJ! That seems like the right camper for y'all. That's not a wonderful deal on the firewood but not horrible in a need situation. There are others probably in the need as well I wonder if it's ok to post a firewood for sale sign on your stack to trim some of the fat and recoup some cost! Wish I could be there for sure.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am

Gary and I will help pay for the firewood. Too bad you can't bring wood from out of state ... we have a lot of firewood. Looking forward to seeing everyone :)
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Gary and I will help pay for the firewood. Too bad you can't bring wood from out of state ... we have a lot of firewood. Looking forward to seeing everyone :)

...hey Trudy, y'all could "sneak" it in...there is no ranger, just a camp host...but, personally, I would rather y'all just carried your cast iron...OK...OK............. 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Darn Jack, sure glad you posted those pix. Wuz gettin hard to keep my mouth shut 'bout your new rig. Hopin' to see y'all next week. Have an appt with cardiologist on Monday, he's tryin' to adjust my blood pressure meds. Since early spring I've been having lightheaded episodes, some severe but none disabling. Most of the time I just ignore 'em but docs have been goin' nuts trying to figure out what's causing 'em. Think they finally isolated it to prostate meds which appear to be interacting with my BP meds. I suggested a change in the prostate med but the urologist said ALL alpha blockers will cause some lightheadedness so it's better to try to adjust the BP meds, otherwise surgical intervention may be called for. AIN'T doin' that! I'm a little hesitant to try making a trip that far & maybe be subject to a severe episode while I'm driving. We'll see what the Doc says on Monday, & how he wants to monitor the change... Hoping we'll be able to make the gathering but I ain't real confident. We're reserved in site # 13 & it's paid for so if we can't come anyone is welcome to it, gratis. We'll let ya know ASAP.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:45 am

Nobody wrote:Darn Jack, sure glad you posted those pix. Wuz gettin hard to keep my mouth shut 'bout your new rig. Hopin' to see y'all next week. Have an appt with cardiologist on Monday, he's tryin' to adjust my blood pressure meds. Since early spring I've been having lightheaded episodes, some severe but none disabling. Most of the time I just ignore 'em but docs have been goin' nuts trying to figure out what's causing 'em. Think they finally isolated it to prostate meds which appear to be interacting with my BP meds. I suggested a change in the prostate med but the urologist said ALL alpha blockers will cause some lightheadedness so it's better to try to adjust the BP meds, otherwise surgical intervention may be called for. AIN'T doin' that! I'm a little hesitant to try making a trip that far & maybe be subject to a severe episode while I'm driving. We'll see what the Doc says on Monday, & how he wants to monitor the change... Hoping we'll be able to make the gathering but I ain't real confident. We're reserved in site # 13 & it's paid for so if we can't come anyone is welcome to it, gratis. We'll let ya know ASAP.

..damitmandamitmandamitman...surely do hope y'all can make it...meanwhile we will think positive and offer a few prayers...keep us informed regardless.........
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby honeask » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Now I'm jealous MadJack. We still have our teardrop and use it as much as we can but I really would like an indoor bathroom. The midnight treks scare me. Don't want to trip in the dark. Love the Casitas for size and price and really would love a Bambi but don't love the price. Oh well. Enjoy the birthday gathering and I will be watching your travels.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby Bald Cypress » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:25 am

Looking ahead, I hope y'all are prepared for the weather. I just checked and they are calling for severe clear. Temps low 80s in the day and low 60s at night.

No rain, wind or freezing temps. Not sure if I can handle that. I will however try to struggle through such foul conditions and attempt to have a restful weekend.

This will be the first camp in my SQ. Drop so am looking forward to " constructive " criticisms.

Dick M
Bald Cypress
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to South Central