3rd Annual SW Teardrop n Vintage - Tyler SP Mar 17-19 (2017)

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: 3rd Annual SW Teardrop n Vintage - Tyler SP Mar 17-19 (2

Postby Tiny Tow » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 am

Just in case anyone want to get out to do something:

http://sciencecenter.tjc.edu/event/69f2 ... 707a051e61

It's a wonderful place and inexpensive.
Tiny Tow
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:55 am

Health issues have raised their ugly head....my 89yr young mother turned yellow as crime scene tape...they did a dye contrst study today and are going to scope her gall blader in early AM...I have a sleep apnea study scheduled for later in the week...
The result of all this is, we won't be able to make Tyler...hopefully we can catch up with all at Fairfield.....

Tiny tow...contact Thomas or ? to pickup the site...it was originally in Kenny Greens name and first night is paid for...y'all have lotssa fun........
madjack

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby aggie79 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:24 pm

2bits wrote:FYI reminder on arrival dates:

Shelley reserved everyone starting Thursday but says anyone who is arriving on Friday should contact her because she can adjust that 72 hours out. (Why that is, I do not know). This is important because it appears you may be required to pay for Thursday if you don't contact her and adjust or worse, you may also be subject to being a no show on Thursday and potentially lose your site.

Here is a snip of the prior conversation April 17th 2016:

Shelley: Reservations have been made for each person dated 16 - 19 March 2017. If you plan to come earlier, please go to the TPWD website and make reservations for additional days. Please feel free to email me with any questions [email protected]
Thomas: What about people who are arriving Friday and not Thursday?
Shelley: I can make adjustments 72 hours out for those.

Please do not send Shelley any emails.

I sent her an email earlier today and received a reply from her that she is not at home and will not have computer access in time to make any changes.

We too won't be showing up until Friday. I don't mind paying for the extra day if that means we have a spot when we pull in Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi Tom,

You are very generous but not as generous as most so would you mind double checking that email you received? I asked Shelley for confirmation of what she means too because today she said she wouldn't be back until 72 hours prior which I took to mean that she will just make the changes then. For her to say people are liable for Thursday and don't email her is unacceptable so I wanted to double check with you too what her email actually says.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 pm

madjack wrote:Health issues have raised their ugly head....my 89yr young mother turned yellow as crime scene tape...they did a dye contrst study today and are going to scope her gall blader in early AM...I have a sleep apnea study scheduled for later in the week...
The result of all this is, we won't be able to make Tyler...hopefully we can catch up with all at Fairfield.....

Tiny tow...contact Thomas or ? to pickup the site...it was originally in Kenny Greens name and first night is paid for...y'all have lotssa fun........
madjack

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Hey MJ man I am sorry to heat that!! I hope everything gets better and hope we'll see ya at Fairfield, we need to crash Moro Bay sometime too!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby madjack » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Moro Bay...oh yeah, we definitely need to have the SCT fall in on Jeff&Micki :lol: :lol: :lol: ........mj
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby aggie79 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:00 am

2bits wrote:Hi Tom,

You are very generous but not as generous as most so would you mind double checking that email you received? I asked Shelley for confirmation of what she means too because today she said she wouldn't be back until 72 hours prior which I took to mean that she will just make the changes then. For her to say people are liable for Thursday and don't email her is unacceptable so I wanted to double check with you too what her email actually says.

Hi Thomas,

I sent you a PM. In case I misunderstood the email, I didn't want to further confuse the issue. I will call the park today (Monday, 3/13) around 10:00 am to see if there is anything I can figure out.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks Tom, the email you recieved is the same confusing and ambiguous message that she posted on FB, I took it that she wouldnt be able to make the changes until 72 hours out but I asked her to clarify and unbelievably the reason has changed and she doesnt want to make the changes because that would open up the park on Thursday. While I understand that completely, that was not how these sites were sold to the public, they were sold under the pretense that she would adjust the days as we got closer. To post this kind of change in such an abiguous way I can only come to the conclusion that she was comfortable with people arriving at the park on Friday and being blind sided with an extra day's charge since their deposit was for Friday. I am arriving Thursday but I paid for Scotty's deposit for his birthday and am going to press the issue for the sake of the right thing to do. I would encorage anyone who is arriving Friday to contact Shelley and press her to do what she said in the beginning, she has already stated that she will not offer a refund so it appears to be a lose - lose situation.... Brenda did get a refund but it was after a big stink. I personally can't understand how this can seem ok.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby davel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:16 am

If it wasn't Spring Break and everything is full, we would be camping somewhere else this weekend. We will be there on Friday. Protesting against Shelley will only get you blocked from HER Facebook site. :thumbdown:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am

Tom, I will be calling the park on Thursday morning to give them a list of our people who are coming in on Friday. We still have to pay another $48 and entrance fee for the site. This way we will not lose our spaces.

Anyone, I have looked for us other sites in any park but I can't find any opening for 10 people! :x
We will arrive on Friday morning by 8:00 on Friday.
I will be ____ if I am going to the rest of the park! I'm not leaving our part of the circle!
:twisted:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby aggie79 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:11 am

Cindy and others,

I just called the park and let them know that we will be coming in on Friday. The bad news is that we will have to pay for Thursday, but the good news is that we will have the campsite.

As Cindy said, I too would suggest anyone else planning on arriving Friday to call the park and let them know. Their phone number is 903-597-5338. Option #1 gets you to someone to speak with about the reservation.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Tom and Woody,
Several (16) of us have been talking and decided that we want to avoid the very large potluck on Saturday. We are going to Posados, a Mexican restaurant on I-20 at 5:30 Saturday night. Do you want to join us? :thinking: :stompspam:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Woodyperk6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Cindy wrote:Tom and Woody,
Several (16) of us have been talking and decided that we want to avoid the very large potluck on Saturday. We are going to Posados, a Mexican restaurant on I-20 at 5:30 Saturday night. Do you want to join us? :thinking: :stompspam:

We will gladly join you at Posados for dinner. :thumbsup:
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Cindy wrote:Tom and Woody,

Cindy,
Thank you so much for the offer but I think we're going to pass. There's a chance we may need to bug out on Saturday to take care of my mom. (I'm in a similar situation to MJ.) If we're there, we may make a "game time decision" if there is room to accomodate us.
Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Tom, of course, I can call and say, "Add 2 more chairs!"
:)
Hot Cindy
Cindy
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central