Beavers Bend 2017, arrive Th, April 20th and depart April 23

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Beavers Bend 2017, arrive Th, April 20th and depart Apri

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 am

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Looking forward to seeing you again.

* Hey Linda,
I look forward to seeing you and the gang, as well. You can catch me up on how many grandbabies you have now...are you almost the size of the tribe of Israel yet? Remember, the starter kit is 12 :D

** Harvey, I'll be praying for you and your health! I know a healer! :worship:

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Cindy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

I ordered these T-shirts for South Central who go to the facebook page "South Central." They turned out really nice. Cost is $15 each if I get 20 orders. I can get them for Beaver Bend if they are ordered by April 1. So, pm or email me and pay either at Beaver Bend or by PayPal to [email protected].
Sizes are S - 3XL.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:48 pm

BEAVERS BEND UPDATE..................IMPORTANT INFORMATION................

We are only a month away for the Beavers Bend Campout and there are some important changes.

After we left last year the park changed their reservations over to an online reservation system. I was aware of the change but honestly I do not remember discussing the increase if fee and the reservation fee.

In the past we were supposed to pay a $5 reservation fee per site but the park was so awesome to waive that fee for us for all these years. Now that they are on a reservation system there is a $8 reservation fee per camp site.
Camp site fees have also increased from $25 to $27 per night. Seniors increased from $23 to $25.
Also, all fees must be paid in full in advance. I would like to be totally finished by April 1st.
I will be updating the list of those attending and recalculating fees/payments received tonight and tomorrow night.
I will send each of you a private message or a FB message with your total fee less your deposit and then balance due.

any cancellations must be made 10 days prior to arrival or all funds will be lost.
If we have someone that has to cancel at the last minute and we have names in the double up list. One of those in the double up list will be moved into that spot. This lets the funds not be lost.

As of now we have all sites reserved for Thursday - Saturday. I need to get an exact count for Thursday arrivals so I can remove all other reservations for Thursday. If you are unsure about arriving Thursday then just take care of Fri and Sat fee and reservation fee for now. You can show up on Thursday and take any available site and pay the park host (unless I have that fee)

I hope I have explained everything clearly. PLEASE PM me or FB me with any questions or concerns

1. Coca Cola Teardrop (Th - Sat)
2. Woodyperk6
3. Brandon Perkins
4. Taylor Perkins
5. Todah Tear (fri-Sat)
6. Nobody
7. Planovet
8. RZRBUG (with us in spirit)
James Worley
9. Trace Stewart (Fri-Sat)
10. Millerworks (Th-Sat)
11. RAYVILLAN
12. Vairman
13. Coyote
14. Spinnernut
15. Mechmagen
16. Rockin robin
17. Joyce
18. Oklahoma Jewel
19. Reo Ron (Th - Sat)
20. 2bits (Th - Sat)
21. Davel (Wed-Sat)
22. Ethan & Amanda Langley
23. Ethan & Amanda Langley
24. Texas Bill (in memory)
Aceman (fri - Sat)
25. Aggie79 (Th - sat)
26. Warpony (Th -Sat)
27. Professor Smith (Fri -Sat)
28. Captn Telescope (Th - Sat)
29. The Highlander (Fr -Sat)
30. McTeardrops (Fri-Sat)
31. Working on it (Th - Sat)
Last edited by Coca Cola Teardrop on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby working on it » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Linda- I paid $75 for three nights (not shown on list); I'm a senior, so that's paid-up. Now, two questions:1) do I need to send $8 more to you, or 2) do I send it to the reservation system. If #2, do you have a link to it?
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 pm

working on it wrote:Linda- I paid $75 for three nights (not shown on list); I'm a senior, so that's paid-up. Now, two questions:1) do I need to send $8 more to you, or 2) do I send it to the reservation system. If #2, do you have a link to it?

You are on the list (#31) I am updating the list as I go down the list of who has paid how much :?

Payments come to me as I am paying the park and they are entering into the reservation system.

thanks,
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 am

The above list has been updated.

I have sent out some private messages with no replies
Need to hear from Todah Tear, Nobody, Professor Smith ASAP
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm

starleen2 wrote:will be good to see some old friends - and some new ones. :snow :snow Snow this evening!

Well Linda roll us on to the next year - we have a big announcement forth coming - all I can say for now is we are moving back South at the end of June 2017! Hopefully we'll be able to camp with you guys soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Cool! (or hot as it is in June) it would be really nice to have you back around the campfire!! :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Beavers Bend update and info for newbies
we have all 31 sites full with 1 person in double up.
Monday, April 10th is the last day to cancel a reservation and receive refund.
We have permission to double up in several sites which allows for any last minute campers.
sites # 6,9,10,12 and 16 are the double up sites.
There is plenty of room on the river front pull through's ( #6,09,12,16) for doubling up.
It would be so kind if you arrive on Thursday and chose one of these sites please pull down to allow room for someone else just in case we need it.
UPDATE FOR 2018
We will be reserving all 31 sites again in my name.
You will however be able to choose your site and pay it in full before we leave BB. I will put your name on your site number and will probably have your name on a site in Beavers Bend records
Danell has been a huge help for many years and is working with me on next year.
Keeping the reservations in my name prevents someone from cancelling and a site being open to the public.
I will be prepared upon arrival to let you choose and pay for your favorite site.
If you pay for a pull through I would still hope that you would be generous enough to share it if needed.
Please ask any questions. If i dont have answer I will get it.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby coyote » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 am

Well, car, loaded, tear hooked yesterday....I think we'll make it to the Red river or so TODAY! (106 miles to Beaver, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and were wearing sunglasses...hit it) 8)
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 am

coyote wrote:Well, car, loaded, tear hooked yesterday....I think we'll make it to the Red river or so TODAY! (106 miles to Beaver, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and were wearing sunglasses...hit it) 8)

retired people :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Cindy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 am

That is right, Woody. We are leaving this morning. See you when you get there. ;)
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby aggie79 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 am

We were going to head out early tomorrow (Thursday) morning, but I've got to work late tonight. Still need to grocery shop, load and pack, so it looks like we will be leaving around 12-1:00 and getting there around sunset. :?

Can't wait to see everyone! It's been almost 3 years since we've been camping.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 am

Wow time flies, it seems like I can see you there last year at BB in my mind! I am glad you guys are going to be able and get out for some RnR! You deserve it!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:24 am

Woodyperk6 wrote:...retired people :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Being retired helps a little, but has given me too much free time to think about camping, and I always overpack when I have the time to think of all contingencies. :thinking: It's been two years since I was last at Beaver's Bend, but I'll never forget the monsoon conditions where my trailer got flooded inside. That'll dampen your spirits, bedding, and everything else, a bit. And it's forecast to have more rain this time.
  • So, I've over-compensated (as usual), with 2 canopies, one canopy wall, 2 tarps, 2 ponchos (always in my truck), and a hooded rain-jacket. Plus, 4 long-sleeved shirts for cool nights, 3 short-sleeved shirts, assorted other clothing, etc (I stayed soaked for too long last time-unprepared for the wet-). And I've loaded up all the spare parts for trailer and truck, that I have always carried when away from home, and gasoline, lots of water and drinks, Spam....
  • After decades of hauling too much stuff with me to dragracing venues, you'd think I would've learned, but I haven't. The only things different from then, are that I'm older, weaker, slower; I've taken a coupla days to overpack, now I'm sitting here trying to think what I can leave behind.
  • I built the 4x8 trailer for quick and easy camping, better than having to set-up tents and such, but I spend entirely too much time packing, setting up, and re-packing, now.
  • Maybe I should've built a bigger trailer?...but I would've overdone it, too. Old habits die hard, or not at all. :shrug:
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central