Camping destinations in Arkansas.

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby stanger1944 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Hello,
Fairly new here from South Arkansas and getting ready to build a Teardrop of my own. I was wondering where all in Arkansas are your favorites? I am really interested in locations with caves and the like. Also who all is here from South Arkansas? Thanks Would appreciate pics of your rigs as well. :beer:
stanger1944
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Camping destinations in Arkansas.

Postby Nobody » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Welcome to TNTTT! We're from Saline County. Jeff (mechmagcn) is from around El Dorado; Larry (razorback) is from NLR area; Pat Hopkins is from around Ft Smith area; Jim is from Heber Springs area, & I'm sure I've forgotton others who'll be along. I built my TD in 2006 & there are lotsa pics in my gallery, click on my user name & when that page comes up click on personal album. Think there's about 28 pages??

As for places to camp in AR, you know we have lotsa state parks, & numerous lakes with Corps of Engineers campgrounds are relatively inexpensive. The national forests have lotsa campgrounds for little money. Not sure if we have any parks/CGs centered around caves but several, Petit Jean in central AR & Devils Den in NW AR have caves I think. Also Blanchard Springs Cavern near Mountain View has a huge cavern with tours & programs. They also have a very nice campground but depending on time of year, you may need reservations?? There's always Hot Springs NP with the Gulpha Gorge CG (one of the few NP C/Gs with hook-ups. We've stayed there with the TD and since then with our Casita 17SD fiberglass trailer. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Most all the Wildlife Management Areas, & the National Wildlife Refuges allow camping but it's generally primitive with no facilities.

Teardroppers are always having 'gatherings' (formal or informal, most of 'em will be posted here on the forum) which are good places to camp & learn about teardrops & tiny travel trailers. You should try to attend the Louisiana Cypresswood Gathering (actually Madjack's Birthday Bash & Camping) around Halloween. This year will be at the Caney Lakes Recreation area near Minden, LA & is scheduled for weekend of Oct 27-30

I'm sure I haven't answered all you questions so if you have more, ask 'em here on the forum or PM me. I visit the forum nearly every day & I'll be glad to help (as will most folks here) if I can. Again, welcome!
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:50 am

Welcome! I lived in Hot Springs for a couple of years. Arkansas state parks are fantastic. In addition to the parks already mentioned, we like Lake Fort Smith, DeGray, and Petit Jean parks. I have heard Mt. Nebo is beautiful too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to South Central