Hidden Lake Safari and RV Park - Jacksboro, TX

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Hidden Lake Safari and RV Park - Jacksboro, TX

Postby 2bits » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:08 pm

I saw this posted somewhere's else. Does this place spur any interest? It's a good ways NW of the D/FW metroplex but Woody, Danny, Ronnie, Lisa and Joyce have made the trek East I thought this might be easy for y'all and it's about 3 hours for me which is no big deal. It's a safari park with only 39 RV sites. Might be good for a nice weather campout like late September or something.

hiddenlakervranch.com

Check it out and post if interested. Just kicking stuff around.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: Hidden Lake Safari and RV Park - Jacksboro, TX

Postby rockinrobin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Looks like a nice, secure, quiet place. I would be interested if some others are. Does not look like a place I would pick to go if I were not meeting some others there. Looks like a good place for kids, and grandkids. Ronnie
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby JoyceB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:20 pm

I'd be game ... no pun intended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
JoyceB
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Those are some very good thoughts Ronnie, we do tend to break the quiet time curfew sometimes. I guess if we booked the whole park it wouldnt be a problem though! I havent been to a Safari park since I was a kid
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby coyote » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Yes, we are interested. It's been nuts for three weeks here, but as it slows down, I'm sure we will be in. We'll watch for info. Dave
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby working on it » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:42 pm

rockinrobin wrote:Looks like a nice, secure, quiet place. I would be interested if some others are. Does not look like a place I would pick to go if I were not meeting some others there. Looks like a good place for kids, and grandkids. Ronnie
2bits wrote:Those are some very good thoughts Ronnie, we do tend to break the quiet time curfew sometimes. I guess if we booked the whole park it wouldnt be a problem though!....
Just hearing the name of the location, I wouldn't have thought to go there, either; breaking a quiet curfew would be apropos for the area I was -mistakenly-thinking of....http://www.fwtx.com/articles/highway-hell Whenever I hear the name "Jacksboro", I naturally think about the "Highway to Hell' or "Thunder Road" strip of Hwy 199, where it was dangerous during the 40's thru at least the early 60's. My Dad liked to gamble (I have forsworn that, after many set-backs), and at least once, ended up there. I remember, because my Mom took me with her, to pick him up there, after he lost his car playing high stakes poker. He switched to football and basketball after that. Mom never let him off the hook for that, either. When I was growing up, during the 60's and 70's, some of the wilder guys would hang in that area, but I was not going to, ever. I've driven thru many times, and it seems to have tamed quite a bit, but that's a far piece from the Hidden Lake park (about 55-60 miles north), and light years in behavior, I'm sure.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to South Central