Health Problems

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Health Problems

Postby madjack » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:43 am

Harvey,, I didn't think anything of the kind...I was just responding and hoping others would include you, Lenora and all of us in those extra prayers...in this day and age we all need all the prayer we can get...besides, you need to be hunting squirrels not health problems...I know some of y'alls problems as well and hope and pray we both get to enjoy a lot more of the great outdoors!!!!
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:46 pm

madjack wrote:Harvey,, I didn't think anything of the kind...I was just responding and hoping others would include you, Lenora and all of us in those extra prayers...in this day and age we all need all the prayer we can get...besides, you need to be hunting squirrels not health problems...I know some of y'alls problems as well and hope and pray we both get to enjoy a lot more of the great outdoors!!!!
madjack 8)

I'll be sending up some timber for you Mad Jack, Harvey, Lenora, and your families in these times. I thank GOD all the time that I live in an age where HE has imparted wisdom to physicians to afford us healing! For comfort and ease of mind, do like Hezekiah (Isaiah 38:1-6, in the bible), turn your face the wall and pour your heart out to Him.

Be Blessed,
Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby razorback » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Just want you all to know Macy and I will pray for speedy recovery of everyone. Keep the faith. The woods are calling!
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Jack, thanks for keeping us in the loop on your health, we were all worried last year when we hadn't heard from you, we care about ya! Please let us know when you can how the surgery goes and I hope it is just like the detour of your artery and this is just a short detour in a long life. I am with ya on Moro Bay too! Take care
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Jack, my first reaction was "WoW"...that's a lot on your personal plate at one time. I'm so sorry you, Marlene and your young mama are having to go through all these health issues. It sucks when our bodies refuse to stay as young as our souls. I have had several close friends who have had triple by-pass and once they got over the surgery, back on their feet and into their normal routines, they said they felt WONDERFUL ! Wish I lived closer and could help run errands for you two while you get a tune-up. Happy to hear Marlene is spending some time behind the wheel again. You geaux girl! I will definitely keep all of you close in prayer, as will the rest of your buddies here on the forum. Hang in there Jack - you'll be kicking up your heels again at a campfire soon. :lips:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm

MJ, yeah, I know you didn't mean anything. That post was for the benefit of folks that don't know each other as well. I woke up last Tuesday feeling as well as I have in years. Then I remembered I had appt at St Vincent outpatient surgery to be there at 10am for surgery at noon. We got there early & all checked in, then my 2 sons showed up, & the doc was at least a half hour late gettin' to the surgery. Woke up around 2pm after what was supposed to be a 30-40min procedure Felt terrible but the nurse said it was probably from the anesthetic. They sent me home with scripts for Oxycodone (for pain) & Ondentron (for nausea) (oldest son drove us home so I sent the younger for medication. Things went relatively well 'til Fri. morning when I awoke feeling as badly as I ever have. I put up with it most of the day 'til I read a quote on one of the instruction sheets that said, "Don't dawdle if you're on one of the narcotic pin meds, call your doctor right away." Called the after hours # & the understudy called me back right away. Told him what was happening & he said get off the Oxycodone right away. Talked to the nurse yesterday & she talked to the doc & he said stay off the narcotic pain med & if my situation got worse, go to the ER Sunday, don't delay. Felt relatively good this morning 'cept I had a hard time swallowing the tiny nausea pill. It's a tiny thing, oval shaped, & I think it got caught crosswise in my throat. Wife says I need to drink a little first so it won't get stuck. Hopefully I won't hafta go to the ER tomorrow. My abdomen is full of staples & I don't see the surgeon again 'til May 2nd. I've been alternatively freezing & then burning up, but no sign of fever?? Wish me luck, & I appreciate prayers...
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Esteban » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:52 pm

MJ, I hope your health recovers. If you visit nearby Morro Bay, CA it would be a pleasure to meet you and to buy you an adult beverage or seafood taco.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:25 am

Well, I go in tomorrow, the 24th at 5AM for my surgery...get 'er dun!!! When I come out of the fog I'll letcha all know how it went :worship:

Harvey, massive prayers from us to you and yours...there are squirrels out there going, nonny nonny boo boo and they are waiting on YOU :D

esteban, I would love to have beverage and a taco. However, the Moro Bay I am talking about is in Arkansas, on the Ouachita River...either one would work.

Thanks to all, for the prayers, thoughts vibes, smoke and wood that have been offered...it is now in HIS hands (along with the surgeons)

madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby MADTRAPPER » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Wishing u the best. From the Canadian North.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on toilet.
MADTRAPPER
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nobody » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 am

MJ. thought of you this morning while I was lying in bed waiting for the alarm to 'go off' at 6am. Thought of how you must be feeling with such a life changing experience 'staring you in the face'. Wife asked how I was doing & if I was gonna call the Doc again this morning.Told her I wuz thinkin' about MJ & the ordeal he's facing, & hoping someone stronger'n us is watching over him. Lotsa prayers sent in your behalf MJ :worship:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mechmagcn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Wow,I heard at Beaver's Bend that something was amiss, but didn't know it was this serious. Prayers that all went well today. As for camping at Moro Bay, hopefully we are back open with a brand new campground by the time you are ready to camp again. Hope to see you soon my friend. If there is anything I can do to help, just ask.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:06 pm

....just a quicky update...they ended up doing a quad bypass on Monday...it was successful BUT, I am having some trouble with atrial fibulation and getting my heart rate to steady down (80/160 and back) they are treating this with meds and all Docs say I should be fine...much more to this story when I am feeling better.....
madjack
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 pm

...heartbeat is now ranging 100-110...oh so much better!!!!!!!! 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Greg M » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Good to hear it's slowing back down. Heart rates like that should only be found in hummingbirds.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby aggie79 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm

MJ,
Sounds like amazing progress for the first day of surgery!
Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central