September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby vairman » Sun May 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi all you fellow teardroppers, a few of us are planning a trip in September to southwest Texas. 10 days of fun and travel.
Here is the itinerary :
Fri 9/8/17 Arrive Meridian SP.
Sat 9/9/17 Depart Meridian, Arrive at the Caverns of Sonora.
Sun 9/10/17 Take a tour of the Caverns
Mon 9/11/17 Depart Caverns Arrive at Davis Mnts SP. Eat dinner in Marfa and then watch the lights.
Tues 9/12/17 A day at the beach of Balmorhea SP.
Wed 9/13/17 Depart Davis Mnts Arrive Monahans Sand Hills SP.
Thur 9/14/17 Enjoy the day.
Fri 9/15/17 Depart Monahans Arrive Lake Brownwood SP
Sat 9/16/17 Have Fun
Sun 9/17/17 Time to go home
Please note, anyone is welcome to come but you'll need to make your own reservations, also the Caverns of Sonora doesn't accept reservations so it will be first come first serve, you can join in at any point of the trip if you want.

Thanks Greg :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by vairman on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
User avatar
vairman
500 Club
 
Posts: 538
Images: 215
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby Woodyperk6 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 am

Our reservations are made. Should be a good trip. :applause:
Woody & Tammy


One day closer.
User avatar
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 1241
Images: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Texas, Ft. Worth

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

I'll add this to the calendar and will try to hit y'all either at Mother Neff on the front end or Brownwood as you are wrapping up! Sound like an awesome tour!
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby working on it » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:14 pm

vairman wrote:Hi all you fellow teardroppers, a few of us are planning a trip in September to southwest Texas. 10 days of fun and travel.
Here is the itinerary :
Fri 9/8/17 Arrive Mother Neff SP.
Sat 9/9/17 Depart Mother Neff, Arrive at the Caverns of Sonora.
Sun 9/10/17 Take a tour of the Caverns
Mon 9/11/17 Depart Caverns Arrive at Davis Mnts SP. Eat dinner in Marfa and then watch the lights.
Tues 9/12/17 A day at the beach of Balmorhea SP.
Wed 9/13/17 Depart Davis Mnts Arrive Monahans Sand Hills SP.
Thur 9/14/17 Enjoy the day.
Fri 9/15/17 Depart Monahans Arrive Lake Brownwood SP
Sat 9/16/17 Have Fun
Sun 9/17/17 Time to go home
Please note, anyone is welcome to come but you'll need to make your own reservations, also the Caverns of Sonora doesn't accept reservations so it will be first come first serve, you can join in at any point of the trip if you want.

Thanks Greg :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I sure want to go, but it's too far out (in time) for me to commit, this early. Since I'm retired, my wife's job now dictates how long I can be away from home (I'm the hausfrau now), and she usually plans a trip about then (her Bigfoot Convention). I seem to have deferred to her schedule forever, and it's an uphill battle to do my "thing" (camping). She still resents my long-time racing addiction, and actively tries to sabotage my plans, or so it seems. 10-11 days away on a trip (my record away from home is 80 hours) would likely give her a conniption. I'll start trying to give her plans a figurative "wedgie", so I can go. But, since school will already have started by then, how important are the advance reservations at this point?
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2150+ lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
156215157958148599
User avatar
working on it
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1950
Images: 455
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: DFW Texas
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm

working on it wrote:...how important are the advance reservations at this point?


It is always a guessing game about how long you can wait before reserving, I would not recommend rolling down the road without reservations already made though. Tou are right that school will have started so kid friendly camping is over but then this is also when the temps start easing up so us single and otherwise flexible types camp more. The only way to know is to check the reservation site for each park and when they start dwindling, it's time for the proverbial wedgie.
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby working on it » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm

working on it wrote:
vairman wrote:Hi all you fellow teardroppers, a few of us are planning a trip in September to southwest Texas. 10 days of fun and travel.
Here is the itinerary :
Fri 9/8/17 Arrive Mother Neff SP.
Sat 9/9/17 Depart Mother Neff, Arrive at the Caverns of Sonora.
Sun 9/10/17 Take a tour of the Caverns
Mon 9/11/17 Depart Caverns Arrive at Davis Mnts SP. Eat dinner in Marfa and then watch the lights.
Tues 9/12/17 A day at the beach of Balmorhea SP.
Wed 9/13/17 Depart Davis Mnts Arrive Monahans Sand Hills SP.
Thur 9/14/17 Enjoy the day.
Fri 9/15/17 Depart Monahans Arrive Lake Brownwood SP
Sat 9/16/17 Have Fun
Sun 9/17/17 Time to go home
Please note, anyone is welcome to come but you'll need to make your own reservations, also the Caverns of Sonora doesn't accept reservations so it will be first come first serve, you can join in at any point of the trip if you want.

Thanks Greg :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I sure want to go, but it's too far out (in time) for me to commit, this early. Since I'm retired, my wife's job now dictates how long I can be away from home (I'm the hausfrau now), and she usually plans a trip about then (her Bigfoot Convention). I seem to have deferred to her schedule forever, and it's an uphill battle to do my "thing" (camping). She still resents my long-time racing addiction, and actively tries to sabotage my plans, or so it seems. 10-11 days away on a trip (my record away from home is 80 hours) would likely give her a conniption. I'll start trying to give her plans a figurative "wedgie", so I can go. But, since school will already have started by then, how important are the advance reservations at this point?
Count me out, there's absolutely no chance I can go. Our modular home has become un-repairable at the young age of 43 (my ongoing, endless rebuild of one room at a time, roof down to floor, has now become three or more rooms at a time), so we're in a frantic haste trying to get this one demolished/removed and insert a new one. It's going to take us all August to get it out, the lot cleared of giant oaks in the way, and make this happen. Then, I'll probably spend all September re-doing wire fencing (we have eight dogs), and getting everything into some sort of order, and rebuilding steps/decks may take all the remainder of the year. It may take until Beavers Bend until I recover from this project (I'll be going for sure...I've already reserved) So, have fun...I won't, for the foreseeable future.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2150+ lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
156215157958148599
User avatar
working on it
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1950
Images: 455
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: DFW Texas
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby JoyceB » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 pm

I just wanted to say that I am super excited for this trip :D
User avatar
JoyceB
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 59
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:42 pm
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:40 am

I just reserved for Mother Neff. I am in a van show in Deep Ellum on Sunday. By the way, there was only ONE site left. I also like this park as it only has 20 sites total so we could book it up solid some time I am sure. It's is basically brand new since they just redid the whole thing after being flooded out so it should be really nice.
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby Cindy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm

I put a post on Facebook to determine who is going on this trip. I know, or think i know, the Perkins, Lovelace's, Hopewell's and Joyce are going. Who else? Thomas, your post seems to say you will only be at Mother Neff. I think that Danny and Suzanne will be at Brownwood.
I am going to be slow going because the doc says I have to get out and walk every hour or so to keep from getting blood clots. :o
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
User avatar
Cindy
500 Club
 
Posts: 549
Images: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Ennis, Texas
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby coyote » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Simon's are going, but a last minute "adult kid" thing, will force us to be in Tulsa on the 14th.
coyote
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 446
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 am
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Yup, I only reserved for Thurs-Fri at Mother Neff. This will be the first trip in the new camper.

I talked with Joyce and we will take the day one "couple" spot and will do tacos for the group on Friday night at Mother Neff SP My momma has a good recipe for taco meat! (Glenn makes it better)

:twisted:
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby coyote » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Did anyone else get the Texas park notice...Mother Neff state park will close some of the over night sites through the 14th of Sept? My refund is in the mail.coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 446
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 am
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Yup, we'll need to find somewhere else unless y'all want to push on to the second destination the first night, I wonder if any other parks down South will be doing something similar? I'll see what I can see here in a little bit
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby Woodyperk6 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

2bits wrote:Yup, we'll need to find somewhere else unless y'all want to push on to the second destination the first night, I wonder if any other parks down South will be doing something similar? I'll see what I can see here in a little bit



I changed our reservation to Meridian SP for Friday night.
Woody & Tammy


One day closer.
User avatar
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 1241
Images: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Texas, Ft. Worth
Top

Re: September Super Trip 9/8/17 - 9/17/17

Postby 2bits » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:22 pm

There was a bunch of commu ication this morning and we all got our reservations changed to Meridian as well, there is one site left if anyone else would like to join us
Thomas
User avatar
2bits
2bit Member
 
Posts: 5013
Images: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: Lake Tawakoni, TX
Top

Next

Return to South Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest