Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Postby tony.latham » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 am

Staryder61 wrote:
tony.latham wrote:
Sheeeesh..... these dang backs.

I'm bully on TENS units. They're cheap and effective:

https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523590911&sr=8-4&keywords=tens+unit

:thumbsup:

Tony

Got the TENS unit, it helps a lot.. :) Though, just went to the Chiropractor this morning.. He had to do some major adjustments.. go back again on Monday.. Knew it was in bad shape this time.. It's been 9 days.. He said to keep using the TENS.. and showed me better placement for the pads.. :thumbsup:
So shouldn't be long and be back on the tear,, doing it slowly... David
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 am

OK, Today (Saturday) it's been two weeks with the back, finally, no pain since yesterday.. :)
Chiropractor said Friday to resume mild activity's, taking it easy a few more days..
Been taking it easy, going stir crazy.. :roll:
Will take it easy and visit the other shop today, look over the tear and work out a game plan..
Have made a list of to do things, now start planning the completion.
Want to go camping,,,, :lol:

Youngest boy is off work today, think I will wake him up shortly and see if he wants to take the boat out and fish awhile..
That'll be relaxing and easy.. :thumbsup: have some quality time.. :D
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:57 am

Fishing was relaxing,, :D didn't catch a thing. :(
Then the weather did a flip,, wind changed to a northern and started raining.. so we called it a day.. docked the boat and came home..

Coyote, sure hope y'all had a nice time at BB.. How's the Scotty coming along?

After being out of commission for basically 3 weeks, decided yesterday to work on the tear awhile. Yesterday was beautiful out so pulled it out of the shop and moved it to under the carport.. to work on the trailer wiring. Now come the P.I.T.A part.. I had nothing that works for lights.. There's a dead short somewhere in the harness. :thumbdown:
So will be trying to figure it all out today :thinking: trace it down..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby working on it » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:33 pm

tony.latham wrote:
Sheeeesh..... these dang backs.

I'm bully on TENS units. They're cheap and effective:

https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523590911&sr=8-4&keywords=tens+unit

:thumbsup:

Tony
  • Thanks, Tony, for suggesting a TENS unit. After I saw this, I recommended it to my wife to help her chronic shoulder pain. I found one she liked (it has to be pink or white), and bought it from Amazon that day, for $28. So, in the two weeks she has used it, I haven't had to apply Lidocaine patches to her back, and she now only has to use the tens unit every other day. It has certainly helped her.
  • She won't let me use it, because I might take it away for constant use on my 2 bad knees, lower back, sciatica/piriformis syndrome on my leftside, chronic groin pull, and for sinus migraines! The unit I chose for her has 4 outputs, so maybe I could use 2 units for complete pain relief???? I would probably like using a tens too much, and would walk around the house looking like an escaped lab rat, trailing wires behind me!
  • tens unit.JPG
    tens unit.JPG (44.23 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
    according to my wife, they really work!
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby coyote » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 am

Had a great time at Daingerfield, Atlanta and BB. We talked of going on, but the Scotty isn't going to complete itself. Missed ya, glad back is better. @42 years of Cat. mechanic, seen tons of damaged backs... :thumbdown: Working on it/2 bits were there; the "loop" was full, 25-30 trailers? good times 8). Electric, not my strong suit...just keep at it! (mine was self induced) Got the rock guard made (not installed) bumper brackets & bumper made/installed. Either install rock guard install- install drip rails (8) or start jack install today. Get that thing fixed, the state park sites, where we are heading this year, even through November, are getting reserved. (I think all those old "baby boomers" are making their move) BTW, backs are only 2nd to mashed fingers :cry: in that area....watch those digits! Coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 am

coyote wrote:Had a great time at Daingerfield, Atlanta and BB. We talked of going on, but the Scotty isn't going to complete itself. Missed ya, glad back is better. @42 years of Cat. mechanic, seen tons of damaged backs... :thumbdown: Working on it/2 bits were there; the "loop" was full, 25-30 trailers? good times 8). Electric, not my strong suit...just keep at it! (mine was self induced) Got the rock guard made (not installed) bumper brackets & bumper made/installed. Either install rock guard install- install drip rails (8) or start jack install today. Get that thing fixed, the state park sites, where we are heading this year, even through November, are getting reserved. (I think all those old "baby boomers" are making their move) BTW, backs are only 2nd to mashed fingers :cry: in that area....watch those digits! Coyote

Glad you had a good time, and YES, missed y'all.. We will connect sometime and like you mentioned before. "Have a cigar by the fire, talk and laugh about all the things we had to figure out." :lol:
Let us know what state parks you are headed to and when, and when we get this thing done, we'll try and make a couple of them.. We have two beautiful lakes right here close to us, So planning on using a lake camp ground here close that we camped at before using tents, or maybe Mother Neff SP for the shake down cruise when we are ready.. :)
You've been busy since being back,, I hadn't even thought about a rock guard. Did think about putting mud flaps on the Suburban..
Yes, on the mashed fingers, been there done that too. Then you bump it every time you turn around.
If I can get this wiring thing fixed this week I can continue on and get it skinned.. just frustrated me so bad, :x I had to take a break from it... though, todays another day. two cups of coffee down this morning, clear headed, wiring be D*^*ed, so wish me luck...
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 am

Coyote,
how's that Scotty coming along? :thinking: Did you get any pics yet? :pictures:
Waitin for an update..
I've had another little set back on the raven, posted it on my build page.. David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Mon May 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Campin' got in the way again! Spent 5 days at lake Bob Sandlin, just got home. There was an open, paid for spot, I called left a message , texted a note to you. Guess I made a mistake on your phone number, and of course, all of those notes are gone. But had a blast. Beautiful weather, got new tear tires on, more pics/notes to help me finish my Scotty. Tired Dave.
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 am

Coyote,
Campin' didn't get in the way of working on the Scotty, :D working on these campers, gets in the way of camping.. :lol: ;)
I'm still determined to get the Raven done.. Life just needs to give me a break.. :thinking:
Send me an email when you get time, and I'll give you my number again..
Having each others numbers could be very helpful too, in case of a breakdown on the road.. :thinking:
Get some rest friend, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am

Coyote, guess with not hearing from you for awhile,, you must be out camping and enjoying yourself..
Hopefully you got that Scotty done and are using it.. :)
Still working on the tear here.. little things that add up to a lot of time to get finished.. :roll:
Get all the wiring done and you think you are finished, then, Oh Yea, be nice to have a radio, so more wiring for it and the speakers.. extra lights here and there, in the cabin and galley.. ;)
Figured out how to fix that bubbled headliner in the cabin.. :thinking:
When you can, give an update on that Scotty, and your travels.. have fun, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 am

Well speaking of Scottys I am finished working on my '79 Chevy Stepside (replaced the transmission, brakes, interior and tail light wiring) and now my Scotty is back in the garage and I have about a weeks work of work to do and it will be for sale. The majority of that work is just going to be polishing it. I am going to be camping in my 63 Shasta that I am just finishing up while I am working on my new permanent camper, a 78 Play Mor. that I am rebuilding from the ground up using my floor plan. All of these are 10' canned hams. Time to get crackin and hopefully not my back right...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:35 pm

That's good news about the stepside.. and able to get back to work on the Scotty..
So we'll see the Shasta at Dinosaur Valley when we meet there?
I'd never heard of a Play Mor, so googled it. And Oh yes, watch that back.... ;)
Still working on getting the tear done. Yet, every time we get out away from the house I'm looking to see what's out there.
Spotted a couple different ones, canned hams as you call them, sitting in fields or on property's. They look abused and abandoned, just sitting there for years. Haven't been able to get close enough to one of them to see what it is yet, or catch anyone home when we are in that area.. The other one, I will have to find out who owns the field it's in. Looks like it was probably there for use on a deer lease, up on cinder blocks, wheels and tires still on it.. They both look intact from a distance..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 pm

David, have not been able to.contact you, but got Scotty road worthy, it's not finished, but it made it to Harrusburg, Pa. no problems. Well get back and meet up later this year. Dave
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:36 am

coyote wrote:David, have not been able to.contact you, but got Scotty road worthy, it's not finished, but it made it to Harrusburg, Pa. no problems. Well get back and meet up later this year. Dave

Dave, good to hear from you. Was hoping you were out enjoying yourselves. Glad you got the Scotty road worthy.
Working on tear now, just to get road worthy too. Can finish them later..
Bet Pa. is cooler than it is here right now. Junes going out and July's coming in at the 100 degree mark.
From living up north in the past years, it's a lot more green and cooler this time of year. Though, can still get hot up there.
Yes, we'll meet up later this year.
Have fun, be safe, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Yes, cooler here. Hooked up once, but have yet to run the a.c. In fact, hunted a blanket for the last 3 nights. But, I have leak checked it almost daily! coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central