E Bike Riders?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: E Bike Riders?

Postby DJ Davis » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:08 pm

Thomas,

Is boonie camping allowed at the ammo plant site? We could "circle th' wagons" and have our own little campground.
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:18 pm

DJ Davis wrote:Thomas,

Is boonie camping allowed at the ammo plant site? We could "circle th' wagons" and have our own little campground.

Nope, that would be super cool but it is a day use only place, I have always wanted to book the end of this loop at the state park for a group but alas getting even 6 sites to commit at the same time is harder than it used to be. It's like camping is not a priority anymore :o :thinking: :?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 9.11.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 9.11.52 PM.png (43.21 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:00 am

Awww...that's a shame it's day use only, however, I can see the potential for abuse. I'll keep watching the site to see if you're able to herd th' cats into this event, but it shouldn't be too hard. I've only seen a small handful of folks (you, Brad, Tom & wife, and me) expressing interest. I can't see TimC from the WI/MI border and bdosborn from CO making a run down here just for a bike trip unless they're SERIOUS bikers!

Yeah, that looks like a perfect camping loop for the SC Biker gang. Hmmm...where's that deck of playing cards....

The definition of a priority certainly varies between folks. For me it's at the top of my hobbies and other activities. But then some of my other activities are related to camping, i.e., kayaking, hiking, attending out of town events, etc.
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby capnTelescope » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:02 pm

We need T-shirts. I propose "Heck's Angels, Silent But Deadly."
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby 2bits » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:09 pm

capnTelescope wrote:We need T-shirts. I propose "Heck's Angels, Silent But Deadly."

:lol: Ethan dubbed me "Electrohog" back when they had a group for their "Wild Hogs" vintage camp cycles. I like "Silent but Deadly" haha!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby capnTelescope » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:30 pm

With a graphic of the Grim Reaper riding a fat tire ebike. And a little "poof" from behind the seat.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to South Central