First posting on this site HELLO!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

First posting on this site HELLO!

Postby jplock » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:21 pm

:Flippin Burger: From Broken Arrow Oklahoma. I just wanted to say hello, and I have begun construction on my first tear drop. I have up to this point been an avid tent camper, and am looking forward to a nice bunk on wheels. I am building a 5x8 from scratch, and the frame has been coming along fine with the work of my father in law. My TD is going to be a Camp-In-Clone. I have been working on it about 3 weeks. I hope to get it sealed in dry by July for a trip to Colorado. We will see if funds and time allow.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Welcome

Postby Dee Bee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 pm

Hi! Glad you posted and have started to build. It is a great project to enjoy as you build and then as you camp!

Lots of good advise and help on the form. If you didn't figure it out yet, we love pictures. Build away and share those photos

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Re: First posting on this site HELLO!

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:32 pm

jplock wrote::Flippin Burger: From Broken Arrow Oklahoma. I just wanted to say hello, and I have begun construction on my first tear drop. I have up to this point been an avid tent camper, and am looking forward to a nice bunk on wheels. I am building a 5x8 from scratch, and the frame has been coming along fine with the work of my father in law. My TD is going to be a Camp-In-Clone. I have been working on it about 3 weeks. I hope to get it sealed in dry by July for a trip to Colorado. We will see if funds and time allow.

JPLock,

Welcome to the forum... glad you came out of lurking... a camp inn clone... that's a good choice... sharp looking teardrop, that one!

Judging by your avatar, I'm bettin' that you have a digital camera... You know you're going to need the pics, right? We just luv dem pics... Just ask Madjack!

Keep us informed on your progress, and if you have any questions, just holler...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:37 pm

JP, welcome to the board...looks like you are well on the way in this madne...obsess... errrr effort...keep it up...if we can be of any help just holler and you will get plenty of answers...some might even be usable ;) anyway keep on buildin' and takin' pics 'cause we really do luv da pics :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Kevin A » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi JP,

Dittos on the welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
Judging by your camp cooking photos that I found in your album, it looks like you'll fit in with this group just fine. :thumbsup: :applause: 8)
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby TomS » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:50 pm

What's in the DO? It looks good.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:55 pm

I've never cooked on a shovel before... Does it have to be a special shovel? Does it have to be stainless steel or perhaps cast iron (as in D.O.)

I know you wouldn't want to eat off an aluminum shovel... Wouldn't a steel shovel turn your chicken a rusty orange color?

Hmmmm. this could be a great idea for a novel page on shovel-top cooking...

Cece, you paying attention? :lol: :o :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:00 pm

Wow JP you have some neighbors with a teardrop. (rick-xr2) lives there in Broken Arrow. Rick and Linda were at our Beaver's Bend gathering this past weekend.
I like the way you said you have started your "first" teardrop. You must have realized how contagious teardropping is. Kind of like Lays potatoe chips are. "You can't have just one" :lol:
Welcome...Welcome...Welcome...
Hope to see you soon at a gathering...
Looks like we might have a camp cook too..... :roll:
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

In The DO

Postby jplock » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:00 pm

It is Chicken Enchiladas with pinto beans on the sides in foil. Thats is a camp TV Dinner wthout a TV
Last edited by jplock on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby davel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 pm

Welcome aboard, glad to have another in our South Central Area. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Shovel Fajitas

Postby jplock » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:12 pm

The shovel is first washed off, then preheated to high temperature short of drawing the temper out of the steel. Then you proceed to cook fajitas.
As for Beaver Bend I would have been there, but could not make it. It looks like you all had fun. I look forward to camping with some of you folks at some point in the future.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

jplock

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:46 pm

Hey Okie!!! Welcome !!! Definitely find Rick& Linda (rickxr2) cuz it seems he's right there in your backyard! His teardrop is so much like what I'm planning and Rick & Linda are fine people!

And Reo Ron is in Owasso, Monkeyislandrn is at grand lake.... I'm near Oklahoma City .... LETS GO CAMPIN !!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Raven » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:15 pm

Mike
Im working on that chapter now..
HOW TO DIG UP DINNER..
Ill see how many ways you can cook and use the shovel.. Say maybe we can market it? Out a patent on the shovel, but call it a WOvel.. :twisted: Wok+Shovel = Wovel... :applause: :thinking:
I wove it..
The Raven..
:)
Measure life not by the breath you take, But by the moments that take your breath away.
Raven
Teardrop Builder

Postby asianflava » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:11 am

Considering what I move with my shovel, I wouldn't want to cook in it. Put it this way, I have no problem moving things by hand but if it requires a shovel, it is either dead or left by something that soon will be. :x
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby angib » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:00 am

mikeschn wrote:I've never cooked on a shovel before... Does it have to be a special shovel?

In this country, the correct shovel to use is the one you are using to put the coal in your steam engine (locomotive) - just before the boiler pressure gets up to a working level, knock any bigger lumps off the shovel, drop bacon and eggs on it, pop it back in the firebox for an instant and there's the cooked breakfast to see you through your working day.

Heat sterilises, ya see.... :thumbsup:

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Next

Return to South Central