Coca Cola has been sold but is still in region

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Coca Cola has been sold but is still in region

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Hello everyone.
The Coca Cola Teardrop now has a new home. I'm sure we will all still see it from time to time at a gathering though. It's new home is in Texarkana, well actually Hooks, Texas. The owners are Shayne and Carol Giese (super nice folks) and Shayne has collected Coca Cola stuff since he was 11 years old. This is the largest item added to his collection so far. They have a 14 year old son that can't wait to go camping with the teardrop (even though mom said he gets the tent). I told them to check out the forum and I also told them we would be sure to let them know about gatherings coming up.
Lenny and Joanne, I asked them if they knew you and they didn't. Carol works as OR nurse (can't remember which hospital).
Well anyways just wanted to let you guys know that the Coca Cola had a new home but was still close by.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop (I guess I can keep this user name?????)
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:03 pm

Wow! The CC Teardrop may be sold, but maybe we all gained some new members and camping friends!! Hope they will actually use it and come camping with us sometime--- maybe the Sept Bernice State Park at Grand Lake outing ????
If the new owners check out this board, and join then you will have to hand over the trademark to the sign on name! haha

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby davel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:56 pm

Linda

I know ya'll are probably happy to have it sold. Now Charles has room to start another :D . I'll tell P.D. to keep his eye's open for it up there.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:04 pm

Julie, I told them about the forum. Might take them a while to look around.
Dave, We put tear at the highway 2 weeks ago. This couple drove by, made a big u turn, called # (we live off the road), Charles went down driveway and came back a few minutes later telling me to write a bill of sale. Charles was already talking about starting another teardrop but just hasn't started it yet. Guess he's waiting for it to get hot in shop. We are going to Chama NM 4th of July. He has a couple of metal buildings to build after that. Guess he will start on #3 after that. Who knows with him. He might start next week. I never try to second guess him. :?
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:06 pm

Okay everybody, brace yourselves.....................Charles is itchin' to build a 5th wheel teardrop!!!!!
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:37 am

Actually Chris he is itchin' to build 2 teardrops. Yes the 5th wheel and believe it or not the original size teardrop. I just can't see him getting in and out of the original size one after having the 2 oversized one.
My sister had a fit when I told her we sold it. She asked what are we going to use for our back up cargo trailer for Oklahoma craft show. I told her I guess we will just have to use the black one with flames. I'm not picky. As long as we can fill one up leaving and bring home empty. :lol:
linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 am

Linda,

As quick as Charles is, get him to build you a good cargo hauler. HF trailers with a floor, sides and a roof, and you're done. He could do it in a weekend. Handy little trailers.

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Chris, he already built me a cargo trailer. It just isn't big enough anymore. That is why we used the teardrop also... Thought about selling cargo trailer (since it is empty right now) and have him build me a larger one but materials have gotten so expensive. I think I'll just keep using the one I have and use teardrop as overflow.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:21 am

Oh, okay. I've got a 16' Wells Cargo you could borrow. :lol:

Chris C

Proud owners of Coca cola Teardrop

Postby Sodapop Teardrop » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Greetings! :)
We are Shayne & Carol of Hooks, Texas and we are the proud owners of the Coca-cola Teardrop formerly owned by Charles & Linda of Pollock Texas. Thank you Linda & Charles for the nice comments about us.

We spotted the teardrop on the side of Hwy 7 while coming home from a family reunion in Pennington. I think Shayne got the suburban on 2 wheels while making a quick u-turn. He has been a collector of all things Cocacola for over 30 years. We travel occasionally to Cola conventions and look forward to travelling with the teardrop in the future. We love to camp but have gotten away from it in the last 5 years or so...maybe this will rekindle the camping flame!

We've had it for 3 days now and we go out to look at it every night. I think the maiden voyage with the Giese family will be to Mena Arkansas weekend after next.We look forward to meeting more teardrop friends in the future. Carol :thumbsup:
"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing."
Sodapop Teardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Proud owners of Coca cola Teardrop

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:23 pm

Sodapop Teardrop wrote:Greetings! :)
We are Shayne & Carol of Hooks, Texas and we are the proud owners of the Coca-cola Teardrop formerly owned by Charles & Linda of Pollock Texas.

Shayne & Carol,

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you are finally posting! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:44 pm

Welcome Sodapop Teardrop aka Shayne and Carol.
BTW watch out for Chris C.... he will be after you real soon to post a picture of you guys for your avatar (pic under our user names). Guess I better change mine back to the black teardrop now.
If you guys will go to our album you can see the build pics for the Coca Cola teadrop.
Oh yea. I guess you should know that you have to be a bit off of your rocker to be a part of this forum.
Anyways, glad you found the forum and joined in the madness.
Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby davel » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Shayne and Carol,

Welcome to the forum, don't listen to Linda, you don't have to be off your rocker to be on this forum. Teardroppers are the only sane people in the world, we're not the least bit obssesive with our trailers :?
davel
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:32 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:BTW watch out for Chris C.... he will be after you real soon to post a picture of you guys for your avatar. Linda and Charles

Naw...............I gave up. Not that many seemed to care, so I don't either! No use giving myself a headache!:DOH2:

Chris C

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:56 pm

Shayne and Carol, welcome to our romper room...if y'all are a little obsessive and a tad off then y'all will fit right in...congratulations on getting the CCTD...a really nice unit...looking forward to meeting y'all out teardroppin' somewhere....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Next

Return to South Central