Awesome Southern Oregon Gathering Spot!!!...

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Awesome Southern Oregon Gathering Spot!!!...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:33 am

Joanie and I just returned from a business trip, which took us into Southern Oregon.
While I was working, TDN went to have a look see at nearby camping spots.
She found a real nice group location along the Winchuck River.
After I was finished with my work, we both went there to check it out.
The name of the place is called Ludlum Campground.
There's a wonderful group area there called Ludlum House.
Rates are very reasonable... $40.00 per night, which covers 10 people and $3.00 per extra head, up to 60 people max... Based on 60 people, that would work out to a whopping $3.17 per night. Got more than 60 people??? There's also an adjoining campground with 10 sites at $10.00 per night, but those sites are first come first serve. Only the Ludlum House group area can be reserved through Reserve America about 1 year in advance to get the dates wanted.
About the only thing missing from what we have at Pamplin, is an underground BBQ pit.
The handicap access is the best I've seen, with access right down to the river's edge right where Wheeler Creek meets the Winchuck River. The caretaker told us that there's a group that rents the place each year and everyone is in wheel chairs. One thing that was unique at all the campsites in the group area... The ground around the fire pits/picnic tables is concrete and would work out great for DO's.
The river is very pretty, reminds me of the upper areas of the Smith River.
We think this place is a jewel of a find!!! :thumbsup:
We got a tip from a couple camping there about another group area a bit farther North, near Sixes River, but we'll have to put that on our list to check out later...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Fabulous Find

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:51 pm

8) Yes, Folks, it is a fantastic find for an outing/gathering. The rustic property (house) could be rented out for groups to do TD or DOG gatherings, family reunions, etc. I am really stoked about this place. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, with lots of places to go hiking, and the added plus of travel to the coast (ocean) about 15-20 minutes away. When we get up to So. Oregon again, we'll check out the group site located on the BLM property at Sixes. Sorry, no camera, therefore, no pictures to share at this time.

TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to North West