Carnation 4th gathering

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Carnation 4th gathering

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:36 pm

I just got back from the 6th, Carnation 4th of July gathering today. It was held at Ken and Marty Madsens property. Ken is an avid car collector from 1936 (the cars, not him). He opens up his home and his toy box (shop) to teardroppers every year. He plans and organizes the gatherings and outings along with meals and activities. This is a well done gathering. Several regulars from this board attended, Halfdome, nightcap, rainger, oregonian, mikeb and many others. Along with this shady looking character.

There are a few other pictures in my album.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:49 am

Shiftin' gears and he's drinkin' a Raiiiiiiii-Nierrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-Beerrrrrrrrrrrr! (Remember that one?)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:10 am

Yeah, I remember. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby asianflava » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:57 am

Nope never heard of it. :thinking: Talk about being politically incorrect nowadays. I love it!
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 am

Rocky,
It was an old TV and radio commercial...
The way Rainier Beer was said, it sounded like a guy on a bike goin' thru the gears.
Hamms Beer spoofed 'em with a commercial that you thought at first was a Rainier Beer commercial.... The guy disapears over a hill goin' through the gears and you hear a horn toot, then a loud crash... Then the Hamms Bear pops over the hill in the other lane driving a Hamms Beer truck.
Sorry for the hijack Jim, it's just been a long time since I've seen a Rainier Beer can and that sparked that old memory...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby rainjer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:08 am

The sad part is the Rainier Beer is no longer made in Washington, it is mas in Southern California...
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 am

Jim...got any other pics? Doug :thinking:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby NightCap » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:17 pm

I took some pics and put them a an album of sorts.

Click Here
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rainjer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:21 pm

I have adde pictures on my blog.
http://rainjersplace.spaces.live.com/
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby s4son » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Nice pictures. What a fantastic collection. Would this look cool pulling the RocketTear, man!

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Mike B » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:43 pm

s4son wrote:Nice pictures. What a fantastic collection. Would this look cool pulling the RocketTear, man!

I drove this 1936 DeSoto twice. It's a great car, but it has a starter (or battery) problem, so I switched to the 1936 LaSalle.

I got carried away with pictures at this gathering. My pictures are here. Note the last three pictures - driven to the XXX drive-in in Issaquah, the Duesenberg must be worth at least $1 million.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Re: Carnation 4th gathering

Postby grant whipp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:18 pm

bledsoe3 wrote:... Along with this shady looking character.

Shady, shifty, sorry-a$$ed, or whatever you wanna call me ... :R ... :R ... but at least I was there! And, yes, Dean ... I did try tp pay homage to my NW brethren (you know, when in Rome ...), but when I looked on the can and it said it was brewed in Irwindale, CA, I felt more than a little betrayed. Couldn't find any Oly, but then, that would have been kind of desperate, wouldn't it ... :thinking: ...?

It was a great Gathering! Lots of cool teardrops, cool cars, cool people, and tons of great food ... glad I could finally make it up for this one, and I'll definately be back for more! Did I say it was also great meeting a few more NW folks from this 'board, and hangin' for a bit longer with a lot of the others I've already met or known for a while? Well ... it was!

FYI - on this trip I also accomplished one of my traveling goals: I set foot on, and watched the sunset from, the farhtest Northwest viewpoint in the continental US ... Koitlah Point on Cape Flattery looking out to the lighthouse on Tatoosh Island, just west of Neah Bay, at the end of the Olympicic Peninsula. Oh, and I camped on Hobuck Beach, just south of there (great spot for para-surfers, 'cause the campgrounds were full of 'em!). Back in '01, I watched the sunset from Imperial Beach, CA ... as far Southwest as you can get in the US ... and I've only got a couple of hundred miles to go to have driven the entire western coastline/coastal-route. Looking forward to the Southeast-to-Northeast points, and tour(s) bettween! :thumbsup: ... (gotta have some travelin' goals, ya know!)

Mendocino is next, and then the Great Beaver State Campout, so I hope to be seein' a lot more of you Western folks mighty soon! 'Til then ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby NightCap » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:58 pm

Mike B wrote:
s4son wrote:Nice pictures. What a fantastic collection. Would this look cool pulling the RocketTear, man!

I drove this 1936 DeSoto twice. It's a great car, but it has a starter (or battery) problem, so I switched to the 1936 LaSalle.

I got carried away with pictures at this gathering. My pictures are here. Note the last three pictures - driven to the XXX drive-in in Issaquah, the Duesenberg must be worth at least $1 million.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID

Nice Pics Mike. As usual :thumbsup:
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 am

No one mentioned how beautiful the Carnation area is. Look past Grant enjoying driving the 36 Ford and you'll see some of it. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to North West