Frame Builders??

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Frame Builders??

Postby Lonnie Gillette » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Can anyone in the western Washington area recommend a quality frame builder that is reasonably priced? I'm in Snohomish and the closer, the better. I'm planning my first TD build and I don't weld :cry: . Maybe you are that person.... Let me know, Lonnie
Lonnie Gillette
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:25 pm

Lonnie, ask around...dooya have any friends that weld...I don't weld, so what I do is buy the steel, cut/jig it up and call up a friend to come weld it...cost is dinner and a 12 pack(after the job is finished)............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:46 pm

madjack wrote:I don't weld, so what I do is buy the steel, cut/jig it up and call up a friend to come weld it...cost is dinner and a 12 pack(after the job is finished)............
madjack 8)

That's exactly what I did. Cut all the pieces and layed it out on the floor of his shop. All he had to do was burn the pieces together.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:31 pm

I saw a truck driving down Meridian in South Hill last week with a sign saying job site welding or something like that. Google it in your area, you may get lucky. I won't recommend the company that welded my chassis but there's got to be some in King County. For the price to weld a chassis you could buy a small welder and learn to do it yourself, that's what I'm doing and it's fun learning a new skill.:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:37 pm

Danny, I don't know about the PNW but down here, we have so many pipelines and land based oil rigs, that there is a slew of weldors with dually trucks, fitted out to weld anything from sheet metal to pressure pipe...if you have everything jigged up, they can do the welding in less than half a day for a readonable price.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:46 pm

madjack wrote:Danny, I don't know about the PNW but down here, we have so many pipelines and land based oil rigs, that there is a slew of weldors with dually trucks, fitted out to weld anything from sheet metal to pressure pipe...if you have everything jigged up, they can do the welding in less than half a day for a readonable price.....
madjack 8)

Jack, we don't have OIL here but there's rigs running around with welders all the time. May even try one of those mobile horse shoe trucks. I know...........Make a cardboard sign & stand at a freeway ramp.
WELDER NEEDED
TEARDROP NEEDS A FRAME
SLEEPS TWO

:lol: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:
madjack wrote:Danny, I don't know about the PNW but down here, we have so many pipelines and land based oil rigs, that there is a slew of weldors with dually trucks, fitted out to weld anything from sheet metal to pressure pipe...if you have everything jigged up, they can do the welding in less than half a day for a readonable price.....
madjack 8)

Jack, we don't have OIL here but there's rigs running around with welders all the time. May even try one of those mobile horse shoe trucks. I know...........Make a cardboard sign & stand at a freeway ramp.
WELDER NEEDED
TEARDROP NEEDS A FRAME
SLEEPS TWO

:lol: Danny

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I bet that would work out just fine.............................. 8)

PS...now, can anyone help Lonnie out
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 am

I think KA (kris) had her frame welded and she's from up that way. Maybe she'll chime in.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:05 am

Look for this sort of guy....PS..he has oil field experience! :lol: :lol: Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Podunkfla » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:32 am

No question about it... I've seen that guy! I'd recognize those pants anywhere.
I thought he was a golf pro or something? Who woulda thought he was a welder? ;)

<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:57 am

Podunkfla wrote:No question about it... I've seen that guy! I'd recognize those pants anywhere.

Those guys are hard to find. Welding, woodworking and designing all together can save a lot of time.

Fashion is another issue altogether.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Lonnie Gillette » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:25 am

halfdome, Danny wrote:I saw a truck driving down Meridian in South Hill last week with a sign saying job site welding or something like that. Google it in your area, you may get lucky. I won't recommend the company that welded my chassis but there's got to be some in King County. For the price to weld a chassis you could buy a small welder and learn to do it yourself, that's what I'm doing and it's fun learning a new skill.:D Danny

I have a colleague that has offered to lend me a 110V mig welder, but, I don't know if this is a good learning project. Even if I practiced up and got pretty good I think that a trailer that is going down the road at 65 MPH should be expertly assembled. The idea of cutting up the steel and having it all laid out is an option. Guess I need to buy a cut off wheel! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the guy at the freeway onramp and I ain't seen him yet :lol: .
Lonnie Gillette
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rainjer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:32 am

Contact Snohomish welding next to Harvey Airfield. I bet they can build one. Also Albba Brothers in in everett.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby dahoon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Hey Lonnie,

I can give you a hand welding up your frame. You can e-mail me back and my people can make arrangements with your people and set up a time to do it.

Mike
dahoon
Teardrop Master

Return to North West