Stub Stewart State Park

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Stub Stewart State Park

Postby TRDRPR » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Clyde and I just returned from a weekend of camping and mountain biking at Oregon's newest state park.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_255.php

It opened last summer, but this is the first time we've had a chance to camp there. The campsites are big gravel areas with fire pits. Right now there isn't a lot of privacy between campsites, but once the foliage has a chance to mature, it'll offer more privacy. There are two camping loops with bathrooms with showers.

The Banks to Vernonia linear trail runs right through the park, so if you like to ride there's plenty of biking to do. The path is paved within the park and then from about 7 miles or so from Vernonia all the way in to Vernonia. It's an 11 mile ride into town. The park has lots of hiking trails and even has a horse camp.

The best part was it was only 29 miles from Beaverton. Would anyone be interested in camping there next June during the summer solstice weekend (June 19-21, 2009)? We can make reservations 9 months in advance.

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jdarkoregon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Gretchen & Clyde

Thanks for taking the time to give us a little info on Stub stewart. And I bet if you set it up, there will be people join you for the camping next year

If you build it, they will come

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:58 pm

It's hard to plan that far out for sure, but I may be up for it.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gaston » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Sounds like a nice park. I never know from day to day what I'm doing but I'll put it on my to do list for next june could be the start of another great gathering??? :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby mobile camper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 pm

The park sounds great. We would be interested :thumbsup: I will put it on next years calendar. We'll see what happens.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby TRDRPR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:46 am

We may have sold our teardrop, but we're still interested in camping this weekend (6/19-21/2009) with anyone who wants to come out to Stub Stewart State Park. It's summer solstice weekend - the longest day of the year.

Reservations are now open through the state park reservation center for that weekend. The address is http://reserveamerica.com

We're in site 6 in the West Dairy Loop. We'll be there with our new Chalet and our new puppy (who won't be very small by then).

Hope to see you out there.

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TRDRPR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:20 am

We're still planning to camp at Stub Stewart next weekend. Anyone planning on joining us?

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gary W » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Clyde and Gretchen,
We were just at Stub two weeks ago in West Dairy loop #12. We also got out of teardroping for a while and fell right back in. We just got back from Champoeg State Park for the first campout with our 3 yr grandaughter. She was fine but Mom on the other hand withdraws or something. Someday we would like to have a teardrop reunion at Champoeg if we can ever get the RV Loop again and hopefully you folks will be able to make it Tear or not.

Gary W.
Gary W
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mark S. » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

That would have been fun! Stub Stewert is one park I hope to see soon as it is right down the road from me.

My wife and I used to hike that trail all the time when they were just starting to build that park.

We are camping at Timberlake this weekend out in the Gorge, you guys have a great time!
:)
Mark S.
Teardrop Inspector

Return to North West