Forest Service warns of trailhead vandals, thieves

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Forest Service warns of trailhead vandals, thieves

Postby dreadcptflint » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 pm

I ran across this little article in the Wenatchee World July18,2008--

People visiting national forest sites near Entiat, Leavenworth and Lake Wenatchee are being asked to be wary of vandals and thieves.

A rash of crimes has been reported at trailheads in the Icicle Valley, at campgrounds near Lake Wenatchee and at the North Fork Entiat trailhead, which leads to Fern Lake, Pugh Ridge and Pyramid Peak, said forest spokeswoman Robin DeMario. The incidents have included thefts, nails left under tires and trailer hitch pins removed.

"No trailhead, roadside parking area or campground is save against vehicle prowlers and thieves," said Jeff Roundy, law enforcement patrol captain for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.

Forest visitors are urged to leave nothing of value in their vehicles and to check around their vehicles thoroughly before leaving a trailhead or campground.

People can report any suspicious activity to the Chelan County Sheriff's Office at 677-6400 or Forest Service law enforcement at 664-9236

-Michelle McNiel, World staff

This was the first that I have heard of anything like this.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:47 pm

It's been happening a little bit in No. Calif. too....guess it's a sign of the times. :thumbdown: Leave nothing of great value and hide everything!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mukilteo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mukilteo on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:04 pm

In places like that I just drive my regular ride, leave the windows down, the keys in the ignition and the title on the front seat. So far it hasn't worked. I always have to drive it home anyway.

Oh well...
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby traildemon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm

this has been going on in the BC/Chilliwack area for years...
the fishermen park to go get sum Salmon, and after a days fishin, come back to a truck broken into... :o :x

hell, ive personally lost 2 tackleboxes and a beaut fly fishin rod/reel while i went inside to pay for gas, and get some cold drinks. Came back to a broken window, and no gear. No one saw a thing...

i got out of fishing after that. :roll:

nothing new here.
peace
:peace:
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North West