Festival of wheels

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Festival of wheels

Postby dreadcptflint » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:41 pm

Is anyone going and can anyone tell me about?:

September 19–21, 2008 Goldendale, WASHINGTON
Festival of Wheels, Third Gathering for all vintage trailers and teardrops, at the county fairgrounds in Goldendale. Contact Lorraine at 509-773-0567 or web site www.cityofgoldendale.com.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

update

Postby dreadcptflint » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I am working tonight. I will be getting off working, cleaning up and headed down to Goldendale. (My sweetie driving for safety). There is a bunch of crazy stuff going on down there including some sort of Goat event at the fairgrounds. Oh yeah the details are:

Klickitat County Fairgrounds. It is $18 per night, which includes water and electricity. There is a dump station available at the site. You can call Tanya at 509-773-3900.

:vroom:
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 pm

The camping spots at the fair grounds are very nice. Electricity & water on a grassed pull through site. The bath house is close by and the private showers are excellent. A guy will come by in the morning to collect and they offer a senior discount to those eligible. I was there in 2006 and they had riding lawn mower races on the main drag. They roll up the sidewalks pretty early so if you want fast food don't wait too Long. We would display our TD's across from the court house during the day with vintage standees and drive about 1/2 mile to the camp sites in the evening. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby dreadcptflint » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Cool, thank you Danny. I am realy looking forward to the lawn mower races. Heck anything that goes 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds is fun. It looks like my has some business in the morning so everything is kind of up in the air right now. To tell you the truth I was hoping to meet some familar faces or at least know if there was going to be another TD there.
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 pm

dreadcptflint wrote:Cool, thank you Danny. I am realy looking forward to the lawn mower races. Heck anything that goes 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds is fun. It looks like my has some business in the morning so everything is kind of up in the air right now. To tell you the truth I was hoping to meet some familar faces or at least know if there was going to be another TD there.

There was only 3 TD's there in 2006 and about 3 larger vintage trailers. Later on one of those egg looking trailers with the gull winged doors and a local TD with a galley on the tongue arrived. I had a good time and there were lots of people asking questions about the TD"s. Everyone received a participation award with a picture of their rig. That fast food place is in this photo, good food. Bring a small heater just in case it gets real cold like in 2006. I froze my tail feathers off and had to preheat the teardrop with my Coleman lantern. :D Danny

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby angib » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

dreadcptflint wrote:I am realy looking forward to the lawn mower races. Heck anything that goes 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds is fun.

But that's just for two seconds - that's heavy blinking, not racing.

You want to see the 12-hour endurance race run by the British Lawn Mower Racing Association. I kid you not - there really is a British Lawn Mower Racing Association and they run proper races - the video on the home page is good for a laugh. There's not much you can teach those guys about drifting....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:35 am

angib wrote:
dreadcptflint wrote:I am realy looking forward to the lawn mower races. Heck anything that goes 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds is fun.

But that's just for two seconds - that's heavy blinking, not racing.

You want to see the 12-hour endurance race run by the British Lawn Mower Racing Association. I kid you not - there really is a British Lawn Mower Racing Association and they run proper races - the video on the home page is good for a laugh. There's not much you can teach those guys about drifting....

Andrew

I guess it's what floats your boat.
Watching guys go around a track looses my interest real fast :lol: .
Watching one on one drags down Main street is a lot more fun... for awhile. :D Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Goldendale Wa

Postby Randy G » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:12 pm

I went to Goldendale and got to the fairgrounds about 10:30pm friday night. No one else was there. I was under the impression that we may not have space at the fairgrounds. Spent the night and used the showers, yep that was nice and then went into town and watched the lawnmower drags and car show. It rained in the afternoon so we left town to go see the rock crawling and came back home. Wished some other tear droppers were there. But hey now I wanna build a lawndragster.
Rom. 8:28
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Re: Goldendale Wa

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Randy G wrote:I went to Goldendale and got to the fairgrounds about 10:30pm Friday night. No one else was there. I was under the impression that we may not have space at the fairgrounds. Spent the night and used the showers, yep that was nice and then went into town and watched the lawnmower drags and car show. It rained in the afternoon so we left town to go see the rock crawling and came back home. Wished some other tear droppers were there. But hey now I wanna build a lawndragster.

If you want to see other teardrops try the next event as there are at least 2 going that I know of.
It's about 25 miles south of Portland, OR.
We still arn't sure if we can make it. :D Danny

First Annual Fall Brigade
October 10Th - 12Th , 2008
Oregon City Elk's Park
12178 S. Mulino Rd. Canby, Oregon

Features:
1. Group Breakfast Saturday & Sunday
2. Dutch Oven cooking Saturday
3. Pot luck Saturday evening
4. Fire pit for Smores
5. Fire pit for campfire
6. Children's playground
7. Bring board & card games
8. Bingo hall for eating, games & visiting
9. Tents with teardrop OK
10. RV sites with power and water available

$10 registration fee. Contact Marty at [email protected]
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby dreadcptflint » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Randy,

Arrgh. you could have told me that you were going. We ended up headed over the coast and seeing my mother, Cabelas, flaming geyser and the fair.

Matt
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to North West