Olympic Peninsula Trip

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Olympic Peninsula Trip

Postby deltabravo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

We just returned from our first teardrop trip away from the local area. We went west from Sequim to Kalaloch Beach Campground in Olympic National Park. What a fantastic campground!! Beautiful sites right on the ocean or in the woods if you prefer. We were lucky with summer-like weather last week. From there we went south to Ocean City State Park. It was almost deserted except for the "powered" loop. Loop 3 has the most private spots and a path to the beach. We continued east on Hwy 12 and 8 and took the cutoff on 108 to Hwy 101 north. Continuing up the Hood Canal was beautiful and we had hoped to stop at Seal Rock Campground, but the gate was closed. There were some other options, but we were so close to home by then... It was a real enjoyable trip and there are many other campgrounds along that route. The driving was all mellow, two to 4 lane roads. Very nice!
deltabravo
Donating Member

Postby time travel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:12 pm

The perfect time to go. Kiddies are back in school. Not too hot out.
:thumbsup:
time travel
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jack J » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 pm

We did the Loop you did. I think we might have been after you went thru. I hadn't been on the Penninsula in 30 years and it is still as scenic as I remember. Even more fun in a teardrop.

Glad you had fun,
Jack
Jack J
Teardrop Advisor

Postby fpoole » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 am

Nice pics,
I agree, now is the best time.. no kids, no bugs...
Looking for various sites for the weekend camping.. right on the beach or viewing the beach... jest sitt'n there, watching the waves... with a campfire.. all day long.. LOL..
...just 'Camping Inn' the PNW
Washington Trailer Folks
fpoole
fpoole
Teardrop Master

Return to North West