We also did the Olympic Loop

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

We also did the Olympic Loop

Postby Jack J » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:47 pm

What a coincidence. We also drove the Olympic Penninsula Loop last week. We were probably after deltabravo because we didn't have quite the sunny weather. But after meeting with some friends in Shelton, we headed up the west side of Hood Canal. After stopping in Port Townsend for some sightseeing, we stayed at Sequim Bay State Park. Not many campers as the season is over except for us die-hards. After exploring Dungeness Spit outside of Sequim, it was west bound on Hwy 101. Cresent Lake is always pretty.

The Olympic Penninsula has some scenic roads. We would have liked to have been able to spend more time looking around. South of Forks, we took the Moclips Hwy out the the coast line. What a pretty road to drive. Came out at Moclips and then headed south Ocean Shores and also stayed at Ocean City State Park.

Looks like we could have been in the same area as deltabravo.

When ever we stopped, the cars and trailers drew interest, but as everyone knows, that is expected and the tales people remember about early camping are interesting to us.

Steve and Peggy's '28 Model A and teardrop, Ken and Marty's '36 Buick with his freshly restored '35 Masterbilt trailer (correct spelling) along with our '51 Chev and teardrop made the trip quite enjoyable. Not much traffic. Laid back local folks. Really hated to come home. The weather was cloudy with some broken clouds at times. A little rain Saturday night but it didn't dampen the fun.

Nuts, back to work until next time.

Jack
Jack J
Teardrop Advisor

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm envious ;) . Looks like a nice trip with some nice folks. Thanks for posting Jack. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Great Photos

Postby deltabravo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi, I enjoyed hearing about your trip. I loved your photos of vintage cars and teardrops! I'm sure you had some admirers. It sounds like you were a few days behind us. Next time you might like to stop at Kalaloch Campground. We really enjoyed that. I wish we had met up with you. Maybe next time!! denise
deltabravo
Donating Member

Return to North West